⚠ Known Issue: Media on User Profiles ×

[WIPz] Skyrim Script Extender (SKSE64)

behippo

• Replies 885
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I just want to tell you good luck; we're all counting on you.

- and don't call you Shirley?

^^^^ Points for you sir. Additionally, like the majority of the masses, I can't wait til what is basically one of the foundations for modding debauchery to be released. Very appreciated.

Upkeep Question for Behippo

I am assuming that the change in call address offsets for everything in SE will require that any mod (including SKSE mods) that was written for the regular edition will need to be recompiled for an SE port? Or does the Papyrus "Virtual Machine" use some other way of identifying/calling SKSE and Skyrim executable code?

Upkeep Question for Behippo

I am assuming that the change in call address offsets for everything in SE will require that any mod (including SKSE mods) that was written for the regular edition will need to be recompiled for an SE port? Or does the Papyrus "Virtual Machine" use some other way of identifying/calling SKSE and Skyrim executable code?

No, the Papyrus scripts from normal mods (even those using SKSE functions) won't need to be recompiled. Papyrus dynamically looks up functions by name not address. But SKSE plugins (those with DLL files) will need to be rebuilt their authors.

No, the Papyrus scripts from normal mods (even those using SKSE functions) won't need to be recompiled. Papyrus dynamically looks up functions by name not address. But SKSE plugins (those with DLL files) will need to be rebuilt their authors.

Ok. Thanks for the clarification.

You guys seem to have a good plan for streamlining development. That beta seems really fast. Just don't push yourselves too hard. Your work seems to have a HUGE fan-base and modder-base.

I am waiting for this and SkyUI's SE port for the MCM, in order to update my mod(like many); however, I'm debating on making a non-MCM version of my mod as well though I don't really like that idea as much due to the lack of a clear way to display the settings to my mod's end-users.