Nexus site problems - Background images and popup cPanel

Arthmoor

Things are weird for me as well, except I can't get onto the sites properly because it says in one of those non-page boxes

"A user name and password are being requested by http://static.skyrimnexus.com. The site says: 'cpanel" along with a Username and password request.

Pressing cancel only sets up the infinte loop of it asking over and over. I have to quick click close window or cancel the programs via task manager to get away. Happens with both Firefox and Internet Explorer.

Edit: Just like LHammond's first image.

Edited by TheOutlander

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

the cPanel popup just started like 10 minutes ago. I was viewing screenshots, then the popup appeared. Now anything not cached won't load. Ah well, thought it was something on my end. :P

The authentication prompts weren't part of my initial report, and I'm not getting them now, but none of the sites are displaying background now. Even the ones that were working for me earlier. That's also after a hard refresh.

Getting the same popup. Refreshing does nothing. Scriptblocker isn't picking up anything odd, so I'm guessing it's coming from the site itself. (Not like a bug in an ad or something)

Although, now, I don't get the popup but the portals are not loading for me at all. Just a gray screen with some words on it. No pics, nothing. :< Did someone spill coffee on the keyboard again, lol?

Edited by luxwing0go

Interestingly I can't replicate this issue, and there aren't any code changes happening at the moment. Is this issue still happening after a hard refresh (ctrl+f5)?

Yes..it still is...pages wont load..pics..drop down menus wont drop down...along with the password thingy. I didn't get a pic of that but the other. THis after the hard refresh..like this for a long time.

Interestingly I can connect proper when using a old "most visited" link but after that it goes to potty.

http://img341.imageshack.us/img341/9315/screenhunter02jan072028.th.jpg

I just went through the Nexus sites again. The ones that were fully working are now messed up as well. The background images are there, but regular images are gone.

It's as if termite came and started randomly eating the code.