Oblivion 2017 Community

Nightflash7

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Next mod showcase will be out soon.

QOTD: Do you prefer third person or first person view? Why? How much time do you usually spend in both views?

Most of my time is spent in third person view because I like being able to see everything, including my character. It's something I've gotten used to. My aim is still better in first person though.

Edited by Nightflash7

Well, as little as it matters, but I now spend, and still am spending, 10+ years of modding this game into getting the appearance of my character, his race, his movements, his abilities, his equipment, special effects, etc., "just right"... I think it's understandable I'll also want to see it now, thus, 3rd person.

But I switch into 1st person on occasion where it's necessary or better to do, f.e. for aiming, for looking around, and, yes, also for "immersing" into my char at times.

Then again... I haven't uploaded a picture again ever since May this year, so... I also didn't get around to play anymore since then, so... who am I talking?

• 1 month later...

After the Oblivion Crisis, I think I would do some exploring. Perhaps see the Mojave desert and maybe spend some time in New Vegas. Probably find a suite at the Lucky 38. Next, I might head north to Skyrim and check out the town of Helgen. After quite some time in Skyrim, I think I might mosey over to the Commonwealth and check out Vault 111.

• 2 weeks later...

Well, I'm contemplating taking up Oblivion again after salvaging my modded installation from a crashed disc... Think my last saves are from around 2010 or something if not 08-09.

Trying to remember how tings works, a lot have changed, my install was based on OBMM which I guess is superseeded by NMM, my gaming-experience is buildt around OOO (only reason I played Oblivion past the first few levels), and OLD Wrye-tools. From back when Wrye did them himself. Rebuilding the install will take some time I think, right now I am modding Skyrim for a first playtrough but tbh so far nothing beats OOO-Oblivion. I believe Bethesta actually hired Sotobrastos/Oscuro? At least that was what I heard back then.

I am writing now not bothering to google, but I think the OOO-thread and OOO-spoilers thread was on this forum too? Gotta find those again. I am sad to see Dev-Akm being gone and his website too, last time I chatted with him I asked for a quest in OOO and that's around the time they decided to not just finish Sotobrastos work but actually add more stuff. Around the time of 1.34 I believe. The work those guys put in for free was amazing. If not for them I would not have stuck with Oblivion. Stupid gamesas is messing so with searching for stuff...

As far as the QOTD goes, it's kinda a trick question because of mods: As my char is a primarily melee char with some sick sneak gear (chamelon) I prefer the fighters guild BECAUSE with OOO AND Companion Share and Recruit. I can use them like a real guild-master, IIRC they all had ebony-gear when I quit playing, with good weapons (enchanted, ebony/daedric) I believe I gave Modryn Oreyn a full Daedric set :smile:

CSR worked well for me, I stuck with a stable version and the only crashes I had was with auto-loot after fights where followers would trigger actions at the same time. So I sat it to manual. Don't know if that was ever fixed. I don't use them much, usually it's easier to just solo, but I did plan to pull them out for the conclusion of the main story-line. Role-playing like a pro and hurling the might of the fighters-guild in the face of the hounds of Oblivion. Never finished the main-story, the OOO-quests were too good (most of them at least).

In short: I hated vanilla Oblivion, when the initial ooo and aaa was over and I realized the world level'ed with me I started googling, found OOO and Francesco's, read up on them. Decided which one I liked, went for OOO with it's place-centric approach. And never looked back. I looked at FCOM but decided OOO was enough.

I miss Oblivion, but life, work, crashed disks and lazy-ness got the better of me. I WILL continue that playtrough...

EDIT: BTW that post count of mine is wrong. Idk why it says 5 posts. Posts in OOO spoilers alone - should be in the 20's at least. Maybe they are too old?

Edited by jacovitti