Eve Online Log

samroski

• Replies 222
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Exploration expansion? Who what where?

Read about this in the fanfest 2008 reports. "Biggest" expansion coming out summer 2009. Apparently there are unstable wormholes in space and the technology to explore them has nearly been developed. They lead to "ancient stuff". This is linked with the tech 3 modular ships somehow. These 2 are for me the most exciting aspects. Modular ships have the potential of being cool- so am looking forward to that.

Walking in stations looks to be pretty lame.... (report at battleclinic I think)

I don't think "Epic arc missions" are going to be anything great- but there is hope

video: http://www.tentonhammer.com/node/47984

Quote from tentonhammer:

CCP has jumped the schedule a bit on the next biannual free expansion, and True Exploration (working title) will come out well ahead of the usual summer expansion date. With all the improvements discussed at EVE FanFest 2008, no one expected such a vast expansion so soon after Quantum Rise. Due out along with a new box push in the retail channel on March 10th, 2009, True Exploration will feature new systems to explore via unstable wormholes, epic mission arcs where success or failure will take you along different paths, and the most impressive feature: modular tech 3 ships that players can customize to suit their needs. Senior Technical Producer Torfi Frans Olafsson has the details in this 10 minute video from EVE FanFest 2008.

The T3 stuff is the only stuff that interests me really. Exploration has always been something for the Russians to get into where they just camp the same plexes day in day out and if you even dare try and get into a plex near them they'll camp it 24/7 so it never despawns. Crap!

• 4 weeks later...
On the request of my D.I.N. Corp-mates - a surreal experience

This is not a general Nakugard experience- as I go there regularly, and did a mission there 2 days ago. Your laptop is playing tricks maybe.

Edit: spellings

Wow, I'm impressed - every time I attempted to mine anything in 0.0, there were never any roids left... or ice-thingies (whatever you call them). And whenever I tried going a bit further away from the station, either 1) I still couldnt find any, or 2) I got blown up :P

On an unrelated note, I have fallen in love with factional warfare :P Its like being at war... but if you need to recover you can just retreat to a high sec system and go about your normal business without any danger at all :P Great fun :D

every time I attempted to mine anything in 0.0, there were never any roids left... or ice-thingies

When you have had your fill of factional warfare you are welcome to re-join D.I.N. and experience 0.0 mining. Our Alliance has a pretty secure base for mining purposes.

Am not too much into mining myself- but I want to dabble in everything, as you may know. I also tend to mine in small bursts when I am in my manufacturing phase, and currently I want to check out all the ore at the belts here. Am basically just gettting the hang of moving around in 0.0. Yesterday I thought I'd take my Drake for some ratting- and ended up ratting at a "chained" belt. This made some people pretty unhappy (and got me reading up on this). Then a battleship showed up and it took me 25 minutes to get it with my pathetic (heavy) missile skills. Need to train these skills- but they are like priority 3- with wholesale V, tycoon IV, cybernatics V and learning skills V in the way...

Am intrigued by factional warfare (have NO clue as usual)- but it does not seem I'll be able to experience it soon.