Eve Online Log

samroski

Zero Point Group Corporation has declared war on DIN Corporation! Initially I though it must be financial. I had recently made about 200 million ISK playing the market. Maybe I had pissed off some people.

I had read that most wars are financial, and this made some sense till Abramul informed me that this was probably about kills. He pointed me to their kill board. This corporation was killing 3 to 4 people a day. Their modus operandi was to gang up on one (small) ship and let him have it (this is my interpretation of the information there, and it may be wrong).

This is certainly an interesting development. Abramul is so self sufficient that they will never get him. I will certainly reasonably careful in my movements. Maula is at max. risk - with his all day (afk) mining stints...

• Replies 222
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Oooo a war! I wonder how they cottoned on to you. What is your corp called?

I've been playing the market a lot recently, so much so I've bought myself a 13m SP hauler alt that I'm currently training up to be Jump Freighter capable. Fun and games.

What is your corp called?

D.I.N. Corporation

[16:54:16] Abramul > You have a jump clone installed?

[16:55:29] Samroski > no

[16:56:03] Samroski > any news on the warfront?

[16:56:03] Abramul > You still have implants?

[16:56:21] Samroski > I have all basic implants +3

[16:56:54] Abramul > Second day over, and only one skirmish, no losses.

[16:57:39] Samroski > what happened?

[16:57:42] Abramul > Tash-Murkon Prime has a good number of stargates and stations, so I can drop in and sell stuff without them locating me.

[16:58:31] Abramul > They found which station I was docked at, and waited outside. Had 3 stabilizers in, so got away before armor was down to 75%.

[16:59:03] Samroski > Great going!

The war is over. Zero Point Group retracted. No one is sure why the war started, or how it ended.

Abramul was the only one who came in contact with them. After the initial encounter, Abramul passed through their systems a few times and engaged their intelligence officer on two occasions, withdrawing before reinforcements arrived. He had all their corp members in his addressbook (I only entered 3), and knew the roles assigned to each of them. Abramul is amazing.

The war passed Maula by- who continued his all-day mining using the top of the line barge.

I kept looking at the local hoping to see red- but the only occasion I did was not ZPG.

The war has bred new life.

• 2 months later...

Recently I had lost ships worth about 400 million ISK in various encounters, and thus I was a little apprehensive when I decided to go and check market opportunities in GoonSwarm territory in my Covert Ops frigate, fitted with the latest cloaking device.

I was briefly spotted by a gate camp when I entered null sec, and they followed me to the next system. But nothing beats invisibility. They went on to the next system and eventually back to their camp, while I scanned and found a couple of interesting places in the system.

As I entered GoonSwarm territory the first thing I saw was a VCBee at the gate in a rookie ship. A survey of the market revealed the commercial hub, and I re-charted my route there, and found the base for the Red Alliance.

I was 0m from RA Prime when an interceptor and a batteship started circling the station, and missed me by 6 km or so. I moved to a safe distance, and soon enough there was a swarm of ships circling around and warping to various sites in the system and back. Silence in local was broken by what looked like abuse in an alien language.

Enough excitement for a day!

I checked the nearby systems, was abused at again as I moved through their base on my way back, and headed home.

The sojourn was successful in identifying that no market opportunities existed for non-corporation and non-alliance entrepreneurs like myself.

You can't dock in player owned stations unless the corp owning the station grants you docking rights - which will usually be restricted to alliance members, alliance alt corp members and members of friendly alliances.

If you want to trade in 0.0, you could check out NPC sov 0.0 where the stations all belong to NPC corps and everyone can dock - Syndicate, Outer Ring, the Sisters of Eve and Mordus stations in Pure Blind, some stations in Geminate, Curse, Great Wildlands, Venal, some stations in Delve. You'll still have to negotiate gatecamps etc, but at least you can dock to put your goods on the market.

Good luck :)

Syndicate, Outer Ring, the Sisters of Eve and Mordus stations in Pure Blind, some stations in Geminate, Curse, Great Wildlands, Venal, some stations in Delve.

Thanks a million- will definitly check out. Have died so many times in the game recently that there is no longer any fear of losing a ship or a jump clone. Fortunately I am making enough with my investments to be able to afford this risky lifestyle. I save what my alts make, and freely spend what I make myself, and this philosophy has tremendously increased the fun I have with Eve. In fact I am going for Retail V as soon as my Charisma hits 20 in a day or so.

I'm sure my friends living in Fountain would love new, juicy targets :D

I wouldn't recommend heading to Venal at the moment, as the direct route from empire will take you through a war zone.

Pure Blind should be ok to move around in.

Syndicate is always fun - and there are so many stations ^^

Haven't been in the South for ages, but Curse could be a good market (if you can get in through Doril - wouldn't recommend HED-GP)

With BoB & pets MAXing it up in the north I have no idea how good a market Delve would be atm.

I'm sure my friends living in Fountain would love new, juicy targets :D

I spent 5 hours trying all sorts of fits with my buzzard- and now I am ready! I am stocked up on probes (training for the summer 2009 exploration expansion); I have a mining laser in case I come across some rare ore (cargo space allowing), and I even have a MWD in case I need to make a run for it. Tell your friends to keep an eye out over the weekend for thier new juicy target! The name Fountain has always fascinated me - so I'll probably head that way- followed by Syndicate (probably).

Am sure to die, but better to have explored and died....

PS: did not realize that Quantum Rise is up and running!!! Just noticed....