MDB to FBX, FBX to MDB converter

FreshLook

Well you should probably start a new thread.

I use NWN Explorer Reborn to view and export the stock NWN assets. If that doesn't work, then try exploring NwN1 Standard Assets.

I don't know why the latest Neverblender import filter wouldn't be working for you; it works fine for me at Windows 8, and I know it just consists of python scripts -- no binaries. You followed the instructions to install it in Blender, right? That filter should be enough to get the MDL model into Blender, where you can do your modelling and export it however you want.

• Replies 353
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well you should probably start a new thread.

I use NWN Explorer Reborn to view and export the stock NWN assets. If that doesn't work, then try exploring NwN1 Standard Assets.

I don't know why the latest Neverblender import filter wouldn't be working for you; it works fine for me at Windows 8, and I know it just consists of python scripts -- no binaries. You followed the instructions to install it in Blender, right? That filter should be enough to get the MDL model into Blender, where you can do your modelling and export it however you want.

So, Explorer reborn give me error with Dialogue.tlk or Chitin.key (GOG version of the game)

Newerblender give me static models, but not at all from files

And I still no found Aribeth... Do u have her in your files?

I'm so sorry to bother you :)

Edited by Dummie12345

Hi Everyone, its a long time sionce i check this post

FreshLook I have problems import fbx from de nw2fbx from the 0.4 to 0.6.

A wierd ball cage appers on the scream, when import a gr2 file.

I'm using 3dsmax 2016

When using the 0.3 version its import fine with no problem

Check this image to understand what i'm talking about

wierd.jpg

Edited by jutaro

It's going to be very difficult for me to investigate this without more info. Could you tell me the files that you passed to nw2fbx? What is the contents of log.txt with version 0.6? That weird cage, is a single object or multiple objects? Could it be the collision spheres (objects starting with "COLS_")?

Edited by FreshLook

• 3 months later...

Old thread, yes... but would someone out there be interested in trying to convert an fbx model acquired from the internet for use in NWN2 for me? I have read near every post in this thread and I am certain that al this is way beyond my knowledge.

Please note that the model was not created for NWN2 so may need some editing to be compatible before converting.

I tried using the tool but even that is confusing to me with all the naming conventions and such to make it more complicated than It needs to be.

That any of you can do this makes me so impressed and, well, envious.

Anyway, if anyone wants to attempt it I will post the file.

Exactly the response I've come to expect in these forums.

What? The fact that nobody replied immediately?

Anyway, what's this fbx you want converted? Difficult to tell if it's possible or not: NWN2 skeletons are limited to 54 bones, and usually the meshes are 6,000 faces or less.