Steam workshop EULA

s73al7h

You may not make any use of the Contribution that is inconsistent with the rights You have granted to Valve - Says that you mustn't do stuff that breaks the agreement or screw them over. Fairly common sense, but we know that common sense doesn't apply when it comes to the law. ;) "License the Contribution to a third party on an exclusive basis" was an example of something that breaks the agreement.

It's still your right as the copyright holder to actually make an exclusive transfer of your copyright. And this agreement probably cannot void your rights as copyright owner. Much the same way franchises are bought and sold and yet licenses granted under one owner are still honoured when the person who granted it no longer is the copyright holder. You can probably ignore this and still transfer rights, though I have never heard of anyone actually going through all the trouble to actually transfer a copyright in anything mod related.

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's still your right as the copyright holder to actually make an exclusive transfer of your copyright. And this agreement probably cannot void your rights as copyright owner. Much the same way franchises are bought and sold and yet licenses granted under one owner are still honoured when the person who granted it no longer is the copyright holder. You can probably ignore this and still transfer rights, though I have never heard of anyone actually going through all the trouble to actually transfer a copyright in anything mod related.

That would be true if you held any form of copyright, but you don't.

The only mods you could ever attempt to claim to own, are things you made 100% by yourself using 100% your own created meshes/textures/models etc. etc.

Edited by sajuukkhar9000

There is a reason over 30 million people use steam. Valve is also imo the best company around in the gaming industry in terms of quality, and customer service.

Wrong, Steam is most worse at customer service, they are stealing you private and personal data and Steam ruins the performance of any game. They give a damn on the users, taking there money without giving any kind of service or something. They are criminals for me! And now they want to destroy the modding community!

That's it. The first start is the Workshop and this will be the beginning of the end. For the next TES game (TES 6), there won't be any free mods at all, like we have already seen with other games using the Steam.

You know what, a friend of mine, he's a Xbox gamer, says all I know, but he bought a DLC from the marketplace for more than 10$ and what he got was a pack of 3 textures!

Imagine 10 $ for three textures. I don't think the steam folks will use any custom models as they can't prove all copyright issues, but they will sell other things, that's for sure.

A lot people are using Steam because they don't have any other choice! You can't start skyrim without steam. I guess of course there are a few people who likes steam but they are just stupid, (yeah big problem of mankind) and these are most likely the same people who would spend 10$ for tree textures.

Edited by 3AMt

Wrong, Steam is most worse at customer service, they are stealing you private and personal data and Steam ruins the performance of any game. They give a damn on the users, taking there money without giving any kind of service or something. They are criminals for me! And now they want to destroy the modding community!

That's it. The first start is the Workshop and this will be the beginning of the end. For the next TES game (TES 6), there won't be any free mods at all, like we have already seen with other games using the Steam..

I think Steam is doing many things right, and has gone to extra effort to please customers, and no service or company is perfect.

But seriously, lay of the water. What other games have "paid" mods that have been destroyed by steam?

Team Fortress 2 was the flagship for many of valves new steam features, including the workshop. In TF2, players can always opt to play on modded servers, as well as standard ones. The userbase has created tons of content for the game, some paid, and some not. It's done wonders for their community, the service and the game. I'm not aware of ripped content making its way to the store, or how much butthurt has gone on in the scene, but overall response has been largely positive.