Willing to take requests for armor and clothing modifications

Nephenee13

That sounds really weird, I don't think the compatibility skeletons should do that.

I wouldn't either, but with it installed a small group of 3 or 4 female NPCs was dragging my FPS down quite bad(and in some places, even one female NPC caused a hit). Removing it and going back to the vanilla skeleton fixed the problem so it's likely the extra bones and such, and I'm on the stock onboard Intel integrated video chip, not a dedicated GFX card so I'm already running the game on less than high settings. Though I also have the HGEG body plus the EVE clothing replacer which already adds more vertices to character and armor models. I've heard of older skeletons which have the breast bones and nothing else but I can't seem to find any.

Strangely, male NPCs gave me no such issues with the skeletons, only females. Though I don't use new male bodies, just vanilla. I can go through that final battle of the main quest with numerous imperial guards and Dremora with no real FPS hit.

What you should do, instead of removing the skeleton, is just use non-BBB enabled animations. That is almost certainly what is causing the dragdown, not the skeleton.

• Replies 170
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That sounds really weird, I don't think the compatibility skeletons should do that.

I wouldn't either, but with it installed a small group of 3 or 4 female NPCs was dragging my FPS down quite bad(and in some places, even one female NPC caused a hit). Removing it and going back to the vanilla skeleton fixed the problem so it's likely the extra bones and such, and I'm on the stock onboard Intel integrated video chip, not a dedicated GFX card so I'm already running the game on less than high settings. Though I also have the HGEG body plus the EVE clothing replacer which already adds more vertices to character and armor models. I've heard of older skeletons which have the breast bones and nothing else but I can't seem to find any.

Strangely, male NPCs gave me no such issues with the skeletons, only females. Though I don't use new male bodies, just vanilla. I can go through that final battle of the main quest with numerous imperial guards and Dremora with no real FPS hit.

What you should do, instead of removing the skeleton, is just use non-BBB enabled animations. That is almost certainly what is causing the dragdown, not the skeleton.

That sounds like a good idea, but I don't currently have BBB installed, and it wasn't installed when I did the test with the skeletons so BBB animations can't be the problem. As to why this happens, I don't know, but it stopped when I removed Correna's MC skeleton. The best place to test was Dzonot Cave in OOO which has female enemies(the vanilla cave is just regular bandits). With the skeleton installed, a group of 3 of them dragged the game down to a sldieshow's pace, while with the vanilla skeleton it was quite playable.

I haven't tried the other newer skeleton yet, but I understand it has more bones. I can test it and see what happens(when I get time) but I expect a slowdown.

I installed and tested Growlf's Universal Skeleton Nif and saw no reduction to FPS, not even in areas heavily populated with female NPCs. To make sure, I uninstalled and compared FPS, then reinstalled the skeletons and equipped one of the few BBB-enabled armors I have installed(it's part of the Draconci Armor HGEC pack, it has BBB and non-BBB versions). Even in OOO Dzonot Cabe, which is full of female enemy NPCs I saw no performance hit despite 6 or 7 of them in the second room of the cave.

USN works just fine, but Coronerras Maximum Compatibility Skeletons offers a severe performance hit when it's installed.

If I had to make a general request it'd be for more upper body armor for the E-cup EBE torso. E-cup cuirasses and tops for any HGEC armor tend to be for the normal torso only. I use the EBE body, and equipping these armors causes the arms and neck to shrink and lose muscle. Plus altered gloves to go with these, so the bulkier muscles of the biceps don't clip through some of them.

I'm not making a specific request, just noting that EBE fighter torsos tend to get overlooked in a lot of mods. For example, the ANB mini micro bikini, there is an EBE torso, but not an EBE BBB top set. If I want BBB with it I have to use the normal set.

• 2 weeks later...

Wars in Skyrim is back in development and looking for good modelers and scripters who would be interested to join the team.

Would you be interested? Or would you know about somebody?

Regards D13

http://forums.nexusmods.com/index.php?/topic/691664-project-wars-in-skyrim-v/page__p__5477900__hl__%2Bwars+%2Bskyrim__fromsearch__1&do=findComment&comment=5477900

Please reply on the forum :)