Modding Armor for CHSBHC BBP tutorial for 3ds max

CherryHotaling

When I try to import the femalebody_0.nif at the start, I get this error message: No appropriate import module found.

It is then followed by a 'improper file format' error

What am I doing wrongly?

Have you installed the NifTools plugin linked on the first post? (http://www.mediafire.com/?d2gjf3vvbys74xi)

*facepalm* silliest mistake I ever made. I got 3dsmax mixed up with Blender which I already had nifscripts for. Thanks for this, frozzled

Edit: I moved the vertices, copied weight and everything, looks perfectly fine on 3dxmax and nifskope for both _0 and _1. Then, I put on the outfit ingame and it explodes =\

Edited Edit: Saw Cherry's Q&A on vertices and etc. will check that out tomorrow.

Edited by cchoay

• Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

ok here is what i do (i do not know how to show screenshots sorry) i open CHSBHC-V2.3-Physics-Bone-T-Pose then i import the body mesh i turn off skeleton and camras then. next i import the amor. both of these i discheck skeloton and camres i then make a smooth modifirer for both the body and the armor next i set the smooth modifirer to 2 then i delete the skin on the armor then i copy the skin from the CHSBHC body into the armor after that i click on the skin modifirer highlight the edit button i click on a bone and there is no color change on the body. also even though i dont import any other skeloton other than the CHSBHC one each skin has a diffrent set of bones.

i dont know what i am doing wrong any help? i am useing 3ds max 2012 if that helps

Edited by captinjoehenry

Cherry, why is it that the Smoothing modifier makes a difference? I know that it rectifies the vertex count and order, rectifying the blend issue - I just don't understand why it has this effect!

P.S. My first armour mod is near completion! Should be done by the weekend, with luck! (Texturing has been such a pain)

Hi all,

I have a 2 point question:

If I use additional modifiers like Edit Poly , Skin Wrap, Morpher, ect -- Where does the Smooth Modifier go -- just under the "Skin" Modifier?

And also, why just the "2" under smooth ?

Sorry if the answer is obvious >.>

When I try to import the femalebody_0.nif at the start, I get this error message: No appropriate import module found.

It is then followed by a 'improper file format' error

What am I doing wrongly?

You need the niftools plugin for max.

All the required things on the first page are literally required hehe.

1) Sorry, my english is really bad :D

2) I have problem when i wear that "prison clothes" all is ok (game show me original armor), but when i want set body weight by "setnpcweight 1" or by "showracemenu" and slide body weight, game shut down and jump to windows... i was try that "NialphaProperty" deleting from "my NEW cloth" and copying from "original cloth" ------> "my NEW cloth" but it dont help me :(

BTW you say:

"The armor I used as an example doesnt have a "NialphaProperty"............................. but on screens what U have in tutorial, U have "NialphaProperty". So i dont understand it and when i finish i have different numbers next to text :( lets see.

http://thumbnails45.imagebam.com/17384/98238f173839307.jpg

Hi guys, I'm a maya user and trying to learn max. This problem might be stupid but it really annoys me and I don't know how to solve this. I am using max 2011, everytime when I open the max skeleton file those bones just show up as dummy objects, not the "linked cross" type like showed in the tutorial picture. They are blocking my views and I can't even have a clear view of my mesh. I can't find a way to adjust the bone size either, there seems no option like in maya you have a slider for joint size. Could anyone help? Thanks!!

Hey Cherry and everyone, I have problem that I can't seem to troubleshoot and I've read the Q&A. The problem is that I still keep getting the "explosive" body, or expanded - shaped like a diamond - type of problem. I've checked every "smooth" that they are in "2" and made sure I've replaced everything in the mesh that I'm modding with the skin from CHSBHC, of course I've also made sure it also had "Smooth - 2" and it's under "Skin". I've also done the copy pasting and removing the BSlightingShader on all Ninodes. It still persists.

Also, I didn't bother making "clothing_0" so I cloned the finished project "clothing_1" as well as "clothing_0". It seems logical that it should work. Anyone have any ideas? thanks.