⚠ Known Issue: Media on User Profiles ×

PC games are you playing currently?

Benkelly33

Still playing Skyrim SE, never manage to get through the main quest without getting sidetracked or burnt out though. Waiting for soul calibur 6 to come out on steam with bated breath.

• Replies 128
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thandal, on 07 Feb 2018 - 12:11 AM, said:

And ones that I think I might like, but get stuck with the game mechanics and can't progress:

Alice - Madness Returns

What's got you stuck in that one?

I can't seem to get passed the "Slamming Blocks". There's a place where you have to negotiate a 3-D maze of openings between huge cubes that are piston-driven together and squash you flat. Over... and over... and over.

The pattern is consistent, and I can manage to get about 3/4 of the way through on most attempts. But the keyboard controls aren't as responsive as I need (or I'm simply slow on the trigger, so to speak) and get caught out before I can get out. :pinch:

(And thanks/no thanks for the memories! :sick: )

Well Skyrim SE I so live in....
But my other go to live in games are
Subnautica,Far Cry Primal,Firewatch,Life is strange,

For fun
Hand of fate,Crysis,BioShock Infinite

I can't seem to get passed the "Slamming Blocks". There's a place where you have to negotiate a 3-D maze of openings between huge cubes that are piston-driven together and squash you flat. Over... and over... and over.

The foundry. Can get annoying with the timing and the swaying camera in some points.

It is a precision movement to get through. Don't stand right at the edge, take a few steps back from them and once the hammers starts rising up/moving aside, jump under/between and land as far in as possible (don't float, you'll take too long) and run the rest of the way. Jump out the other end if able, or shrink down if needed, gives you a little split second more to make it.

Some of the things can be turned off, you need to find the pressure pads for those, drop a clockwork bomb on them and make a dash for it.

(And thanks/no thanks for the memories! [ :sick:] )

:devil:

-

Presently playing:

Fallout 4

The Turing Test

The Station

Subnautica

Dragonball Xenoverse 2

• 4 weeks later...

At the moment I'm playing a wide variety of games depending on mood. Sometimes I just want to chill with something and usually Eurotruck Simulator 2 or Starbound works great for that. When I feel adventurous, Fallout 4 fills that for me and if I am in the mood to murder then Pubg or Far Cry 3&5 works great for that. I've got such a long list of games in my Steam directory that I feel I'll never be able to play through. But there's always something there when I want to just pick something up.

• 2 weeks later...

Currently a modded-for-survival SSE. Although, the two major mods (Campfire and Frostfall) are awaiting updates, so it's just iNeed at the moment.

Also dabbled recently with Starsector, a cool little Indie game. Spaceships, tactical gameplay, factions, loadouts. Plus, the modding community there is pretty damn good. Some of the factions people have made are outstanding.

Mount & Blade: Warband gets a smashing-in, from time-to-time. Easily one of the best Indie games I have ever played. Spent hundreds of hours playing. Again, the modding community for Warband is damn good. There are some seriously high-quality mods out there. I'll spend an hour (or more) tweaking some of mods, tailoring a faction to my liking and such, then set out on my rise to glory and fame.

Before getting into modding SSE, I was playing Dragon's Dogma: Dark Arisen (but for the Xbox 360, which I thought needed some love). Always thought it was a fantastic game, considering 1) how old it is and 2) it's obscurity compared to other popular RPGs. The Pawn system is fun to use. And overall the gameplay, especially the combat, is engaging. Definitely worth checking-out, if you like older, in-depth RPGs.