What can be done to defuse America?

kvnchrist

Still contending with the ghosts of our fathers and grandfathers it seems. It is misinformation or propaganda that will lead the world straight into hell. Long live the state and all that jazz. I wonder how many in the former Eastern Bloc still feel that way about the West? I would imagine German re-unification did not set well with many in the East among other things. I have read that Russia has- or is developing- monster nukes that can destroy areas the size of France with one multi- tipped warhead. The cold war never really ended like some would have us believe.

• Replies 155
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I blame US goverment for sticking their democracy where it didn't belong.

Most russians hate USA simply want to nuke it.

I live in the West and understand that american people are not the same as american corrupt goverment.

Why would you (or Russians in general) expect our government to be any less dysfunctional and corrupt than your own?

If you haven't read Mikhail Gorbachev's books, it was not one but two giant military establishments that were outrageously kept at wartime levels after WWII ended. Gorbachev refers to the "Cold War" as a colluded effort between the two machines, both of which spent (and still spend) their time meddling in the affairs of other countries. Because they had nothing else to do, and still don't. Since 1945 and between the US and USSR, over $100 trillion has been and still is funneled to this war machine.

Gorbachev is blamed for USSR fall and hated.
Well his speaking engagement fees beg to differ. But even if your claim was true, if you're saying most Russians wish a return of the USSR I know that's incorrect. It's a substantial minority but nowhere near a majority.
I lived in Russia for 15 years and a lot of russians want USSR but not the old one.They want to create a new one improved.
Every country wishes for a new and improved version of their existing (or in your case former) government. Please take a number and have a seat in the auditorium. :) My own experience is anecdotal and limited to the few dozen Russian immigrants I've known in 50+ years. I know of only one person who returned to Russia, and it was to care for a dying parent and not because he wished to. In that same 50+ years I've yet to lose a single American friend to Russian immigration. :) Edited by TheMastersSon

Still contending with the ghosts of our fathers and grandfathers it seems. It is misinformation or propaganda that will lead the world straight into hell. Long live the state and all that jazz. I wonder how many in the former Eastern Bloc still feel that way about the West? I would imagine German re-unification did not set well with many in the East among other things. I have read that Russia has- or is developing- monster nukes that can destroy areas the size of France with one multi- tipped warhead. The cold war never really ended like some would have us believe.

Russia already has a 'potentially' 100 megaton bomb. They actually detonated one, but, had it dialed back to a 'mere' 50 megatons........ If it were an air burst, the Total Destruction radius (EVERYTHING reduced to rubble, regardless of construction.) would be in the neighborhood of 11 MILES in diameter, with 90% casualties..... (likely 100% within a few days.....) Heavy destruction RADIUS goes out over 37 miles...... ouch. That would HURT.

Now, no one is going to launch a fistful of those at anyone. (mainly because they simply don't have that many.....) Spreading a handful of MIRVS over a similar area, say, 10 or so, with 100KT yield, (which a selection of folks actually HAVE....) would be rather similar effects.

In any event, nuclear war would just be bad news, no matter which way you slice it. Even a 'tactical' nuclear war would be bad news......

Edited by HeyYou

Russia already has a 'potentially' 100 megaton bomb. They actually detonated one, but, had it dialed back to a 'mere' 50 megatons........ If it were an air burst, the Total Destruction radius (EVERYTHING reduced to rubble, regardless of construction.) would be in the neighborhood of 11 MILES in diameter, with 90% casualties..... (likely 100% within a few days.....) Heavy destruction RADIUS goes out over 37 miles...... ouch. That would HURT.

Now, no one is going to launch a fistful of those at anyone. (mainly because they simply don't have that many.....) Spreading a handful of MIRVS over a similar area, say, 10 or so, with 100KT yield, (which a selection of folks actually HAVE....) would be rather similar effects.

In any event, nuclear war would just be bad news, no matter which way you slice it. Even a 'tactical' nuclear war would be bad news......

You ever come across a book called War Day, you might want to read it. It's a very well written book about two journalist walking across America 5 years after a limited nuke strike. Very sobering.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Warday

I live in the West and understand that american people are not the same as american corrupt goverment.

Why would you (or Russians in general) expect our government to be any less dysfunctional and corrupt than your own?

If you haven't read Mikhail Gorbachev's books, it was not one but two giant military establishments that were outrageously kept at wartime levels after WWII ended. Gorbachev refers to the "Cold War" as a colluded effort between the two machines, both of which spent (and still spend) their time meddling in the affairs of other countries. Because they had nothing else to do, and still don't. Since 1945 and between the US and USSR, over $100 trillion has been and still is funneled to this war machine.

Were things that much better under the communists???

I find it odd case that people always think of communism as good thing when has killed more innocent people than Hitler could have dreamed to have done.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mass_killings_under_Communist_regimes

Just under three communist countries 70 million innocent people died. Deaths do not include forced starvation.

Most people Hitler killed were people at war and never single person by his own hands.

Don't get me wrong he was evil.

Yet there has been greater evils in the world.

Were things that much better under the communists???

I find it odd case that people always think of communism as good thing when has killed more innocent people than Hitler could have dreamed to have done.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mass_killings_under_Communist_regimes

Just under three communist countries 70 million innocent people died. Deaths do not include forced starvation.

Most people Hitler killed were people at war and never single person by his own hands.

Don't get me wrong he was evil.

Yet there has been greater evils in the world.

There has never been a true Communist country in the world and there never will be. There isn't enough selfless people in the world and far too many who seek power would not do what would be needed to bring about one.