TES3, What have I missed?

jojo man

Be careful with quicksaves. There's no definite proof, but the MW community at the official forums is pretty sure (and so am I) that using quicksaves, or saving over one save a lot of times, can cause scripts to break. If you don't use any mods you'd be fine, but if you use mods which add complicated scripts you can get problems later on.

We're having a little discussion about whether COC and other teleportation commands can cause corrupt saves or crashes too: http://www.bethsoft.com/bgsforums/index.php?showtopic=820274

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Be careful with quicksaves. There's no definite proof, but the MW community at the official forums is pretty sure (and so am I) that using quicksaves, or saving over one save a lot of times, can cause scripts to break. If you don't use any mods you'd be fine, but if you use mods which add complicated scripts you can get problems later on.

We're having a little discussion about whether COC and other teleportation commands can cause corrupt saves or crashes too: http://www.bethsoft.com/bgsforums/index.php?showtopic=820274

Thanks for that warning, but i've been playing for a few more hours now and nothing seems out of place or anything. So it seems that i'm in the clear. And yeah, I'm running vanilla Morrrowind. I'll probably keep it that way too for a little while longer before I install those mods you recommended.

I recommend you to play through the whole game once before installing any mods. That's the only way you can feel true Morrowind, many mods will make the game better, but less than 100% Morrowindy. :)

I recommend you to play through the whole game once before installing any mods. That's the only way you can feel true Morrowind, many mods will make the game better, but less than 100% Morrowindy. :)

Thats exactly the approach I took with Oblivion...and I kinda regret it now that I'm playing with about 60 mods installed that anymore...I just couldn't do without. But Morrowind is already a superior game in my perception, and you do have more experiance with it then I do, so I will be taking your advice. :thanks:

I only had this on Xbox (goty ed.) and it amazes me how extremely playable this game still is -- even after getting into PC Oblivion for a while with all the best mods and then some. I'm considering getting it on PC so I can check out the mods.

I was wondering though if anyone knows if you can configure PC Morrowind to work with a controller like you can with Oblivion using XBox 360 controller for PC? I'm not into the whole keyboard + mouse thing for games aside from having a few useful hotkeys of course.

It's entirely possible to use a controller with Morrowind though I hear mapping problems make it buggy.

Here's a an article which might shed some light on controllers and Morrwind in general.

Great! I forgot to ask if Morrowind works on Vista. Been meaning to research this but time has been short. Does anyone know?

I had Morrowind:GOTY Edition w/ all official patches installed, very briefly, under Vista to test such and I didn't find any glaring errors and didn't even have to run it in compatibility mode, which rocked. Though I should note I only played for around four hours.

I had Morrowind:GOTY Edition w/ all official patches installed, very briefly, under Vista to test such and I didn't find any glaring errors and didn't even have to run it in compatibility mode, which rocked. Though I should note I only played for around four hours.

Thanks doomjockey you've been most helpful. Soon as I have time I will go ahead and buy a copy!

Archived