What's Your Favorite Quote In Skyrim?

Rinobi

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Followed closely by the "Let me guess... someone stole your sweetroll." Fallout 3 reference.

It's actually a Daggerfall EDIT: Arena reference which has reappeared in almost every Bethesda game since. In the Arena character creation window, you had the option of determining your class by answering a series of hypothetical questions, one of which involved a bully trying to steal a sweetroll from your character. Here's the original text:

While in town the baker gives you a sweetroll. Delighted you take it into an alley to enjoy, only to be intercepted by a gang of three other kids your age. The leader demands the sweetroll, or else he and his friends will beat you and take it. Do you:

a) Drop the sweetroll and step on it, then get ready for the fight? (Warrior)

b) Give him the sweetroll now without argument, knowing that later this afternoon you will have all your friends with you and can come and take whatever he owes you? (Mage)

c) Act like you're going to give him the sweetroll but at the last minute throw it in the air, hoping that they'll pay attention to it long enough for you to get a shot in on the leader? (Thief)

Edited by JanusForbeare

"They say Ulfric Stormcloak murdered the High King... With his voice! Shouted him apart!"

When I first heard a guard say this, I laughed. He got me at "With His Voice!", "Shouted Him Apart" made if funnier.

I hadn't read anything about Skyrim when I first started playing, I had no idea what a shout was, so I took this quite literally.

Needless to say, I was letdown when I found out how exaggerated that story was. -_-

The first time I heard a guard say "If I find your hand in my pocket; I'm going to cut it off". I just thought if you find my hand in your pocket than my thieving skills aren't as good as what I thought they were.<LOL>

Oh, man there are so many to choose from. Here are my top 5 in no particular order:

"You'll make a fine rug, cat!" *Only after I got the Cover-Khajiits mod.*

"I'm not a man. I am a weapon in human form. Just unsheathe me and point me at the enemy." *It sounds like a sex pun EVERY TIME*

"I used to be an adventurer like you but then I took an arrow in the knee." *Funny at first, then it wasn't. Now it is again thanks to

"You see those warriors in Hammerfall? They've got curved swords. Curved. Swords." -To which I reply: "Oh, I'm sorry. You must not have seen my Silver Katana. Here, I'll let you have a closer look."

"I've never seen anything quite like this before." -Lydia, after killing our 20th dragon together....

"You see those warriors in Hammerfall? They've got curved swords. Curved. Swords." I laughed so hard at that one.

"I used to be an adventurer like you, but then I took an arrow to the knee." Caused the Youtube comments to go nuts.

Several others that are usually in the Russian version only. Some don't have english words for them.

After a Daedric quest and subsequent eating of a person, fast travelled to Windhelm and a guard stops and says something like "Ugh, what have you been eating? It smells like something died in your mouth"