Mass Effect 3

mythicdawnmaster

i thought that stories for all the characters were well done Thane was my favorite character out of all of them (not only was he the most useful but, a badass assassin is badass...and he sounded cool lol) i think they all kinda gave an inside look at who that person was.

• Replies 147
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well the handling of Zaeed in ME3 was down low because he really wasn't important in ME2, the same applied to Kasumi's story as well and there wasn't any interaction with her once you finished her ME3 quest. Jacob got the crap end of the stick cause they knew he was dull character in ME2. Mordin, Grunt, Thane, Legion all had great side stories in ME3 infact I even got a little emotional for their scence well except Grunts.

the only thing that really bothered me... other then the ending that ruined mass effect was the romance.

i romanced Ashley in me1 and Miranda in me2. Ashley only mentions Miranda once and i tell her i only love her bah bah whatever the hell. i talk to her after every mission and shes still interested. then i talk to Miranda at the citadel and i sleep with her. after this Ashley loses all interest. she said she still loved shepard but she doesnt even mention Miranda (even though i dont know how she would know i slept with her) or have any interest in shepard. she never confronts you, its like the the AI for Ashley just resets.

in DA:O you can sleep with both the rogue and the witch but they will find out and make you choose. in ME3 there is no confrontation, once you pick a romantic option all other romantic options will lose all interest and never even say a single word about it. i found it very strange.

anyways http://9.asset.soup.io/asset/2993/8713_a11f.gif

also

http://v.cdn.cad-comic.com/comics/cad-20120309-0f66a.png

Edited by hector530

Like most people already said 99.9% Mass Effect Heaven the .1% is Hell cough* ending~

btw i`m also a little disappointed by bioware on how they treat my romance with jack damn...........why BIOWARE?

Edited by spets21

I like it so far, but I'm stuck a bit. This is the first ME that I've played. I got the collectors edition guide, but it doesn't really help me so much. As far as the side quests, how do I get to them? Some of the journal updates that say to "Investigate" don't tell you where on the galaxy map I need to go. Am I missing something? I also got the DLC "From Ashes", but I'm not sure as to when in the game I should do the Eden Prime quest (without getting slaughtered for lack of equiptment upgrades).

I like it so far, but I'm stuck a bit. This is the first ME that I've played. I got the collectors edition guide, but it doesn't really help me so much. As far as the side quests, how do I get to them? Some of the journal updates that say to "Investigate" don't tell you where on the galaxy map I need to go. Am I missing something? I also got the DLC "From Ashes", but I'm not sure as to when in the game I should do the Eden Prime quest (without getting slaughtered for lack of equiptment upgrades).

Many of the side quests trigger just by walking around the Citadel, scanning planets or by finding random items during other N7 or Priority missions.

Be careful how quickly you progress through the Priority missions though as they further the plot and certain side quests become unavailable after you

complete them. As for "From Ashes" that's up to you. It's not really that hard, depending on what difficulty level you're playing on...

If you're enjoying ME3 I definitely recommend playing the first two for context - but then I'm a biased ME fangirl :thumbsup:

Many of the side quests trigger just by walking around the Citadel, scanning planets or by finding random items during other N7 or Priority missions.

Be careful how quickly you progress through the Priority missions though as they further the plot and certain side quests become unavailable after you

complete them. As for "From Ashes" that's up to you. It's not really that hard, depending on what difficulty level you're playing on...

If you're enjoying ME3 I definitely recommend playing the first two for context - but then I'm a biased ME fangirl :thumbsup:

I think your right. I should probably play ME1 & 2 and I've been thinking I should. Thanks. Now it makes sense that in my journal there are grayed out side quests that I never did. I guess I should look at the active ones and try to tackle some of them, but I'm still having some issue as to where in the galaxy I need to go to do them. I'm thinking that maybe that part of galaxy just hasn't been unlocked yet? Other planets and such I can't dock on, so it doesn't seem like I can explore them. Maybe I'll make a list of these still active side quests and look online to see where I need to go to do them. The main reason I want to do them is to get more credits and find more upgrades. I see where the main act quests are noted on the map in green, but the side quests are not.

This being the 1st time playing any ME, I'm on the normal/easy mode (or at least the one that was default) so I'll go ahead with the "From Ashes". Really like the game so far (I was up till 4am last night mesmerized in it) and maybe by the time I get to the second playthrough, I'll have a better understanding of how to approach all the side quests. Thanks.

@SuperAxilla Just a quick tip do side quest first like the obelisk or Hades Nexus just walk to npc in the citadel to acquire some, and before doing any priority missions and N7 like what flummox said some quest will grey out as you progress on your main story so it's wise to do em early and yes you miss out a lot of War Assets if you didn't import an ME1 import. and i do mean a lot :D

@SuperAxilla Just a quick tip do side quest first like the obelisk or Hades Nexus just walk to npc in the citadel to acquire some, and before doing any priority missions and N7 like what flummox said some quest will grey out as you progress on your main story so it's wise to do em early and yes you miss out a lot of War Assets if you didn't import an ME1 import. and i do mean a lot :D

Thanks, I think I did see that the Hades one is still active and I think I remember seeing that on the galaxy map, so I'll try to do that to see how it'll work. All the more reason I think I really should go and buy ME & ME2 and start with them so I can import the saves. At least then I'll gain some experience and a better understanding, as well.

Edit 3/18: Went ahead and got ME2 (with all the DLC) Ordered ME1 online. Guys at Gamestop said the same thing. "Smart move." I'm better off starting at the beginning and importing the saves to ME3, so hopefully it'll help.

Thanks, I think I did see that the Hades one is still active and I think I remember seeing that on the galaxy map, so I'll try to do that to see how it'll work. All the more reason I think I really should go and buy ME & ME2 and start with them so I can import the saves. At least then I'll gain some experience and a better understanding, as well.

Edit 3/18: Went ahead and got ME2 (with all the DLC) Ordered ME1 online. Guys at Gamestop said the same thing. "Smart move." I'm better off starting at the beginning and importing the saves to ME3, so hopefully it'll help.

That's good news :D

It's good to see new players enter the franchise, but it's actually better to start at the first and continue into ME3 for a (if there is going to be one) satisfying ending. Trust me, you'll love the experience provided.