Mass Effect 3

mythicdawnmaster

i could forgive all the class and combat bugs if they fix the server lag. server lag gets so bad to the point passing a bronze challenge becomes way harder then a gold challenge.also they need to add player scaling and players should be able to join in-game

Edit: heres the bug i hate very much

http://img441.imageshack.us/img441/1953/masseffect320120325151.jpg

Edited by hector530

• Replies 147
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If you did enjoy the planet scanning, then I have good news for you: any leftover resources from your ME2 playthrough get transferred to ME3 as War Assets. :laugh: I'll admit to having been a Mako fan. I didn't like that it featured in almost every single mission, but I didn't have the handling issues most folks seem to have had (my chief complaint was poor terrain design on the sidequest worlds).

I'm probably in the minority of having liked ME1 a bit better for combat... I liked the overheating mechanic as opposed to the more traditional ammo system in 2 and 3, I liked being able to crouch, and I liked not having to press a button to take cover. If all they'd done was to add the mantle/climb/jump/vault over object mechanics then I'd have been quite happy with the result.

Laughed when I saw those assets, one of many bones Bioware threw out to obsessive completionists. Sometimes being compulsive pays off :biggrin:

With you on the Mako. Patience was key in driving it around and, with the exception of a couple a planets, there was usually a path (shortest distance isn't always a straight line). Those missions lent a sense of vastness to the galaxy that ME2 doesn't have (ME3 compensates in a different way, I thought). And the Hammerhead? Ugh. what a pain in the butt, particularly on insanity. As far as the combat system, I love playing Infiltrators and simply found sniper rifles much more satisfying in 2 & 3. Did take a while to warm up to the ammo and to stop accidentally vaulting into bullets, however :facepalm:

I will always miss my 2x Scram Rail X, High Explosive Ammo X, Spectre X Sniper Rifle. ME3 may have brought back weapon mods, but even a fully upgraded Widow cannot compare with beastly explosive awesomeness that could ragdoll mooks over map boundaries (and blasting Geth off the side of the Citadel Tower in low-gravity just never got old). I swear that combo was the next best thing to lugging the Mako cannon around on foot... and the openness of the ME1 environments really let you be mean with sniping, too. Cloaking lets you pull off surprise headshots, but it's hard to feel like you can reach out and touch somebody when most of the combat plays out at SMG range.

The Hammerhead was... meh. While the completion nut in me went through all of the scenarios anyway, those stupid blinky lights on the top messed up immersion too much and the stupid onboard VI with its "helpful advice" didn't make it any better. Gameplay-wise it was too much the product of arcade shooters and didn't feel enough like a futuristic weapon of war. The Mako was a little too bouncy but at least it still gave the impression of having some mass.

Another bonus for completionists...

ME2 squadmate loyalty can decide whether or not they die in ME3, and if they survive then they become War Assets (except for the few who die no matter what).

The Normandy's primary upgrades (weapons, armor, shields) also transfer as modifiers to the Normandy's War Asset entry (though not the probe, fuel, med bay, or sensor upgrades).

I will always miss my 2x Scram Rail X, High Explosive Ammo X, Spectre X Sniper Rifle. ME3 may have brought back weapon mods, but even a fully upgraded Widow cannot compare with beastly explosive awesomeness that could ragdoll mooks over map boundaries (and blasting Geth off the side of the Citadel Tower in low-gravity just never got old). I swear that combo was the next best thing to lugging the Mako cannon around on foot... and the openness of the ME1 environments really let you be mean with sniping, too. Cloaking lets you pull off surprise headshots, but it's hard to feel like you can reach out and touch somebody when most of the combat plays out at SMG range.

True, High Explosive Ammo X was fun fun fun (except for the beep beep beep overheat every shot - that drove me nuts) and sniping things from 100's of yards away? Golden. l also miss the Spectre weapons in general, loved the sleek simplicity of them. Make a nice weapons pack (in case someone who knows someone at Bioware reads this).

Loved all of it the first [mumbles] times I played through it, except the tedium of playing on Insanity (part of the problem is that I played ME1 to death). With ME2 & 3 I find combat more interesting / challenging, ME2's problems with endless corridors of mercs and general lack of RPG aside, but I am no shooter expert by any stretch and understand that it's a matter of personal taste. I hear I might not be as enthusiastic if I had played Gears of War... who knows....

i could forgive all the class and combat bugs if they fix the server lag. server lag gets so bad to the point passing a bronze challenge becomes way harder then a gold challenge.also they need to add player scaling and players should be able to join in-game

*snip*

Yeah the lag is a big problem. Participating the last weekend's event was almost impossible. Managed to get through a couple of matches. Wasn't even me getting booted, it was the host. Only has to happen a couple times in wave 9 or 10 before you lose interest. The pictured bug is... interesting... happily, I've never seen that happen.

*snip*

Yeah the lag is a big problem. Participating the last weekend's event was almost impossible. Managed to get through a couple of matches. Wasn't even me getting booted, it was the host. Only has to happen a couple times in wave 9 or 10 before you lose interest. The pictured bug is... interesting... happily, I've never seen that happen.

its a bug that happens when you lag as a vanguard. anyways ive noticed lag is down, im on PC btw. anyways there's another operation this weekend.

http://blog.bioware.com/2012/03/28/operation-raptor/

gonna get try to get my classes to lvl18-19 by tomorrow so and can just promote them when it starts

its a bug that happens when you lag as a vanguard. anyways ive noticed lag is down, im on PC btw. anyways there's another operation this weekend.

http://blog.bioware....eration-raptor/

gonna get try to get my classes to lvl18-19 by tomorrow so and can just promote them when it starts

Nice. Will try again, thanks for the heads up.

Alright. I'm on my second playthrough of ME2 and about ready to import my Shepard into a new ME3 profile. Problem is, I just completed all of the side quests and the only mission left is "Stop the Collectors". The final one, and I have nearly 500k credits. I've already bought out all the upgrades from Illian, Omega, etc. But I think I remember a place somewhere in the game where the sold new weapons. I thought it was the Citadel, but I'm not sure. Anyone know anything about this? Or am I remembering this from ME3?