Fallout 3, New Vegas and Oblivion GOTY at G.O.G. $9.99 each

Rabbit1251

I would caution whoever buys this game from this server to read the fine print. A lot of these discount small webstores give you like 30 days to download and close the link forever. Which means you are stuck having to hold on to your digital copy. Disk space is never a problem, but we often get things lost in our old HDD. I worked in IT with very good backup habit and still lost a lot of personal stuff (stashed away somewhere and forgot where I put them).

Personally, I would wait for sales on Steam because Steam will keep your digital right forever (as long as you don't lose your Steam account). That is a peace of mind knowing my purchase is at my finger tip, even though history proves that I rarely go back to old games, but .... "hey I have it when I want it".

Just my 2 cents.

Your words are malign without reason. Did I mention the 30 day GOG money back guarantee? I have a GOG library of some 30 or so games from them. I don't know if the guarantee is any good as I've not had a reason to use it in the past 20 years or so that I've been buying at GOG. Or the fact that gamers like GOG because it lets them be free of Steam. Or how about the words from our very own staff:

http://www.nexusmods.com/games/news/13287/?

The Rabbit

Gog is a fairly massive retailer with good quality and product credibility. They're not G2A, they're GoG. It's even better than steam since no DRM, good prices and constant deals. Btw, I played any and all fallout games almost exclusively on Win7, and never had any issues, even when streaming or recording them.

I would caution whoever buys this game from this server to read the fine print. A lot of these discount small webstores give you like 30 days to download and close the link forever. Which means you are stuck having to hold on to your digital copy. Disk space is never a problem, but we often get things lost in our old HDD. I worked in IT with very good backup habit and still lost a lot of personal stuff (stashed away somewhere and forgot where I put them).

Personally, I would wait for sales on Steam because Steam will keep your digital right forever (as long as you don't lose your Steam account). That is a peace of mind knowing my purchase is at my finger tip, even though history proves that I rarely go back to old games, but .... "hey I have it when I want it".

Just my 2 cents.

Please don't spread misinformation. GOG is not a "discount small web-store," it is a large, credible, well funded storefront owned by CDProjeckt, the people who make the Witcher games. They are no more likely to revoke your download rights than Valve on STEAM, or Blizzard on Battle.net. AKA, not very likely at all. Just because you have not heard about it before does not mean that it is not trustworthy.

Even if GOG did go down for some reason, they would probably let people continue to install their old games, much like Games for Windows Live did.

Edited by EnderDragonFire

I thought about playing new vegas but the animations are something I just can't stand to look at and the bugs are really bad in some quests. I can't figure out which mods to get for fixing things and there doesn't appear to be any unofficial patch for new vegas. Even worse the power armors look like crap in new vegas did anyone fix those things?