Creation Club Summer 2017

N7R

A lot of assumptions being made here, so I'll add my own. This looks like in-house DLC that will come from on staff devs and independent contractors who come to them with a proposal. Bethesda buys the concept, pays them to create it, and they go on their merry way. No asset retention and no (or situational) commission. The independent developers have the power to turn down unreasonable offers or poor compensation and, for those looking, it's a great way to beef a resume with official content from a major game house.

Will it turn out like that? Who knows. But it may not be all doom and gloom.

I think most people, once the shock wears off, are going to come to this very conclusion also. The more time you spend reading these threads or simply thinking about the realities the less scary this thing becomes. On the flip side the less interesting it becomes because while this is great opportunity for a select few ultra talented individuals it's not going to have any impact on most of us simply because most of us modders just aren't going to make the cut if even we tried, so well keep on modding for love/hate of it.

• Replies 496
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It may be very good, it also may be a big steaming pile of s*** that splits the modding community and wrecks the long term enjoyment of their single-player games.

I'm a pessimistic man.

:laugh: I started the day off the thinking the same way as you. Now I'm on the "Naa this isn't going to change much at all for most us." side of the fence.

Sad to see that even if a very talented modder get millions of download he will get nothing more than a low entry rate and bethesda will get the lion share, at least when it was on steam they got 25% so if they had a very successful mod at let's say 2$ bought by 1 millions people then you see what i mean here.

Add to this that you cannot sell your custom 3d models elsewhere and you quickly understand here that the modder is again the exploited one here.

Two things I want to know is does Bethesda own the mod content if you sign up and can mod makers release said content for free on the non-creation club mod files?

Because if this is just, you know, optionally paying the creators then I'll love that and will throw some money towards the mod makers but I don't necessarily agree with a paywall system.

I'm sorry but like, would it have killed them to expand on the FAQ and not leave it so short and vague? There are a lot of questions people have and this short list doesn't answer them.

Everything that isn't in the FAQ is going to disappoint us almost certainly. #1 no paid content, #2 all sorts of limitations on what actually gets uploaded to the service. #3, Bethesda is not going to pay the mod creators as much as they should earn, they'll still probably take 75% of the gross like last time and do their utmost to screw people over.

That is because Creation Club is not making mods.

It is making DLC for a microtransaction marketplace, similar to the Cartel Market on SWTOR or any other MMO game.

If mod authors are involved in producing DLC content for this new market, it is as freelance developers.

So, they are being paid like freelance developers.

You realize they have the chinese suit in their game files since f3 and all a guy would have to do is minor touches to get it up to date.

So are you saying the chinese stealth suit files are somehow burried in fallout 4 game files?

They own the damn files mate. They have the base .max files they can just open in the modeling program and work on.

IMO, i just think they should leave the community alone, they already manage to split the community many times now with bethesda.net, skyrim se, prizes etc... Each one should stick were their are good at, they are good in making games, the community are good in fixing the games.

But they are business, they need money, re-releasing the same game over and over should not be profit enough...

And i still remember "each update will have addons", "mods will never be charged", "our DLC will be based on the people feedback" etc... so much BS...