Creation Club Summer 2017

N7R

how can content creators trust bethesda about the revenue their mods are making? they can just discourage them by saying your mod is not doing well while in reality they're keeping the money. It doesn't even need to happen, the fact that it is POSSIBLE it's the most insulting part.

From what I've read they don't get money based on downloads they get paid based on development miles stones. Pitching the idea, entering alpha, beta, final release. They wont get paid based on downloads. Which is fine if your mod isn't that great but if you have a popular mod you are loosing out on money.

And considering the "curating" that supposed to happen this mean the best of the best will make it through which ultimately means most will be popular. Its not the idea behind the mod that makes it popular it the hard work that goes into it.

The chosen creators are missing nothing. Most are getting nothing currently, so they'd get a better deal than the current one.

• Replies 496
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Oops, not sure what I thinking...something about 'furry' but that has nothing to with this topic. :cool:

Now now, this is a public forum, the truth could cause a riot.

Oh your absolutely right SMB, I just saw that our friend posted again and then I lost my train of thought and just had the words "furry" and now something about "littleponies" come to mind. I'm certain it is relevant to the panic going on here, but it's late, I'm tired and old so who's to say.

Money money money...I don't have any.

how can content creators trust bethesda about the revenue their mods are making? they can just discourage them by saying your mod is not doing well while in reality they're keeping the money. It doesn't even need to happen, the fact that it is POSSIBLE it's the most insulting part.

From what I've read they don't get money based on downloads they get paid based on development miles stones. Pitching the idea, entering alpha, beta, final release. They wont get paid based on downloads. Which is fine if your mod isn't that great but if you have a popular mod you are loosing out on money.

And considering the "curating" that supposed to happen this mean the best of the best will make it through which ultimately means most will be popular. Its not the idea behind the mod that makes it popular it the hard work that goes into it.

The chosen creators are missing nothing. Most are getting nothing currently, so they'd get a better deal than the current one.

The problem is they are trying to fix a problem that didn't exist. IF a mod author felt they should be paid they just didn't bother. What make the modding community great is that its free. Everyone is welcome. The sheer number of downloads allows mod authors to gather valuable feedback and hone their craft, and allows mod users to open the author up to new ideas. Not to mention the pressure on mod authors at this point its not a hobby its a job you have deadlines you will have customers who have problems with your product and you will be expected to fix it (this will be worse than how it is now) I am sure that the mod authors will have to agree to some stipulations and will be held accountable by Bethesda.

No matter the place, no matter the time, no matter the system, no matter the product if you introduce money you welcome corruption.

I have one simple question i'd love for bethesda to answer at some point. When the Creation Club launches, how much Bethesda made new content will be on it at release? Not mod creator made, not content made by some other team, but content made by bethesda themselves?

I feel that if they aren't going to lead by example and support the system themselves at the start, they give me and others no reason to trust they have any good intentions with this system.

This is Zenimax attitude I guarantee it. "Oh they not currently getting anything, give them some crumbs so we can rake in the millions of their works". Better off leaving it free, no qualms then. I fear a lot of the modders that will go for it will be those who may be in need of some financial boosts, especially those who are in school, sure it's a bit of a bonus for them but at the end of the day this is another fine example of corporation taking advantage of the little man.

So let's say modder gets into CC, complies with everything Bethesda asks for, alpha, beta, etc.....mod gets launched and he/she gets pay whatever they pay.
Then that mod becomes super popular, lands over a million downloads (like many of nexus masterpieces had) at $5.....that's 5 million for Bethesda and I doubt the modder will see any of that profit other than his initial payment.
Hell in the end he/she might had made a bigger income out of donations if he stuck with Nexus

Thats whats gonna result in modders cracking. They'll be happy with thier pitance of whatever Beth/Zeni gives them until they see how much money Beth made off of it. This seems like an overall worse model than the original Modgate, and it's clear the suits up at Zenimax don't give a flying, the E3 ad for CC sounded like it was being delivered by a snake.

I can imagine the face of the first modder that will see 5 millions sale for one of his mod while receiving his 80$ check for making it!

Edited by dovapix

Another thing that rubs me wrong is, can we really trust Bethesda to guarantee mods working and not conflicting which each other?
Lets say a modder releases something, Beth approves, checks the mod works with patch 1.6.01. But then, Bethesda has to release 1.6.02. which breaks the mod.
How does it go from there?
• Does Bethesda wait for the creators to update or fix their content that broke before launching the update?
• Or do they both stay in contact constantly while working on the new patch?
• What would be the consequences if the creators can't fix their content in time, or if they don't plan on updating cause they've retired from the mod scene or the game? then you get customers that bought said content because you guaranteed it would work but now they can't use it because it's outdated?
Edited by gabrielsquall

I bet there is no refunds on incompatible content. But I would think if they mostly gonna have custom micro content like new armor etc, they won't have many problems in the way of compatibility, and they'd be silly not to list any potential incompatibility with any large scale mods but I wouldn't put it past them.