Creation Club Summer 2017

N7R

Bug free means no bugs, let's not fiddle around. You cannot claim games are bug free, all software is subject to all sorts of bugs. And QA for a small game by a small company with no deadlines or pressure is peace of cake, QA for a giant open world game is not. Could there be more? Hell yea. Could it be a bug free game? Please do make it and tell us how it went.

• Replies 496
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

ÃÃÃÂ

I can already see the blog post they ÃÃÃÂ will release in the future.

"To ensure maximum quality and experience that we want for ALL PLATFORMS , we have decided not to release the creation kitt to public. Only our registered/recognized creation club members will be able to use the 'Online only creation kitt' and upload mods for review before finally being released into the common bethNet store. This will ensure all platforms have the same mods,experience.ÃÃÃÂ

Further promoting high end mods that help raise the experience the way we imagine."

And boom, Just like Take-Two took out gta community,ÃÃÃÂ

And since they make most sales on consoles, they will lock the system too. It will stop from console users wanting thousands of pc only mods, which they cant get due to platforms restrictions.ÃÃÃÂ

ÃÃÃÂ

this is my fear.

don't forget that Topware have locked the developers console so that console commands can no longer be used but you can purchase cheats through microtransaction.

ÃÃÃÂ

Couple problems with that.

ÃÃÃÂ

First, beth is expecting the 'amateur' mod authors to apply to become members of CC. If there are no amateur modders, their labor pool just dried up.

ÃÃÃÂ

Second, beths' whole premise for releasing the CK is so that PLAYERS can have the experience THEY want. Beth's vision doesn't come into it at all.

ÃÃÃÂ

Third, beth doesn't care about 'equal access'. Sure, they would like to see that happen, but, that's between Sony, and Beth.ÃÃÃÂ Consider that for the last decade and change, consoles haven't had mods. This is a new experience for console players. The playing field has never really been level. And the consoles are still restricted more so than PC. Beth isn't going to restrict PC's to X number of mods...... At this point, they can't. Will they for the next game? Doubtful. There is no advantage to beth in it.

ÃÃÃÂ

It is most certainly to beths advantage to have a healthy free-modding community. That is where they expect most of their CC members to come from. Why on earth would they cut their own throats by gutting it?

We have to keep in mind that when bethesda released the creation kit, their success was on a different level, and they also have zenimax to answer to. with the success of fallout 4, the way consoles have gone, as well as micro transactions, I don't think the above post is beyond the realm of possibility. certainly Noone knows for sure but it is possible.

even if the entire pc community stopped buying their games, they would still be well off with sales from consoles, not to mention if any mods had to be bought through them. also throw in the bigger variety of games being released under bethesda Softworks, wolfentein, doom, evil within, prey , Starfield etc. in my opinion it's safe to say they wouldn't care these days about pissing off our little pc modding community.

if the next FO or ES game comes out with the creation kit and our mods stay free, I would be very surprised and would gain quite a bit of respect for them for ignoring that piece of a money making machine.

The thing is, MA's take time to learn the tools, as they change from one game to the next. Beth isn't going to want CK noobs in CC. So, I would expect that Beth will continue to release the modding tools, so their potential labor pool will be at least passingly familiar with them.

If they stop support free modding, they won't have a labor pool to draw from.

ÃÂ

ÃÂ

ÃÃÃÃÃÂ

I can already see the blog post they ÃÃÃÃÃÂ will release in the future.

"To ensure maximum quality and experience that we want for ALL PLATFORMS , we have decided not to release the creation kitt to public. Only our registered/recognized creation club members will be able to use the 'Online only creation kitt' and upload mods for review before finally being released into the common bethNet store. This will ensure all platforms have the same mods,experience.ÃÃÃÃÃÂ

Further promoting high end mods that help raise the experience the way we imagine."

And boom, Just like Take-Two took out gta community,ÃÃÃÃÃÂ

And since they make most sales on consoles, they will lock the system too. It will stop from console users wanting thousands of pc only mods, which they cant get due to platforms restrictions.ÃÃÃÃÃÂ

ÃÃÃÃÃÂ

this is my fear.

don't forget that Topware have locked the developers console so that console commands can no longer be used but you can purchase cheats through microtransaction.

ÃÃÃÃÃÂ

Couple problems with that.

ÃÃÃÃÃÂ

First, beth is expecting the 'amateur' mod authors to apply to become members of CC. If there are no amateur modders, their labor pool just dried up.

ÃÃÃÃÃÂ

Second, beths' whole premise for releasing the CK is so that PLAYERS can have the experience THEY want. Beth's vision doesn't come into it at all.

ÃÃÃÃÃÂ

Third, beth doesn't care about 'equal access'. Sure, they would like to see that happen, but, that's between Sony, and Beth.ÃÃÃÃÃÂ Consider that for the last decade and change, consoles haven't had mods. This is a new experience for console players. The playing field has never really been level. And the consoles are still restricted more so than PC. Beth isn't going to restrict PC's to X number of mods...... At this point, they can't. Will they for the next game? Doubtful. There is no advantage to beth in it.

ÃÃÃÃÃÂ

It is most certainly to beths advantage to have a healthy free-modding community. That is where they expect most of their CC members to come from. Why on earth would they cut their own throats by gutting it?

We have to keep in mind that when bethesda released the creation kit, their success was on a different level, and they also have zenimax to answer to. with the success of fallout 4, the way consoles have gone, as well as micro transactions, I don't think the above post is beyond the realm of possibility. certainly Noone knows for sure but it is possible.

even if the entire pc community stopped buying their games, they would still be well off with sales from consoles, not to mention if any mods had to be bought through them. also throw in the bigger variety of games being released under bethesda Softworks, wolfentein, doom, evil within, prey , Starfield etc. in my opinion it's safe to say they wouldn't care these days about pissing off our little pc modding community.

if the next FO or ES game comes out with the creation kit and our mods stay free, I would be very surprised and would gain quite a bit of respect for them for ignoring that piece of a money making machine.

ÃÂ

The thing is, MA's take time to learn the tools, as they change from one game to the next. Beth isn't going to want CK noobs in CC. So, I would expect that Beth will continue to release the modding tools, so their potential labor pool will be at least passingly familiar with them.

ÃÂ

If they stop support free modding, they won't have a labor pool to draw from.

At the same time, even if were taking them at their word, we have no idea how much content they plan to pump out. they did mention that they're own developers would be working on the mods that CC puts out, as well as Vetting the authors that apply for CC. if they end up with the best modders that make mods now, along with their own developers, they can easily put out a decent amount of mods at a steady pace. especially if they're curating everything as they say they will. I know I've read in interviews that their own team has had plenty of ideas that they didn't have time to finish, along with their "game jam" or whatever it's called.

my point is that hopefully you're right about that, but at worst you're being overly optimistic, and they don't feel that they need a huge amount of mod authors to being into their projects. especially if they're actually paying them throughout the process of content being made.

Edited by wanderer3292

Bug free means no bugs, let's not fiddle around. You cannot claim games are bug free, all software is subject to all sorts of bugs. And QA for a small game by a small company with no deadlines or pressure is peace of cake, QA for a giant open world game is not. Could there be more? Hell yea. Could it be a bug free game? Please do make it and tell us how it went.

that's nit picking.

plenty of games in the past ran from start to finish with no problems. in my experience, most of the problems have been hardware rather than software; dodgy azimuth alignment of tape heads on the C64, having to find the precise angle to balance a PS1 so that the disk would read, overheating CPUs, slightly damaged CD shattering in the drive smashing the front off the tray.

it is a recent development where games are released before they are finished, then finished/ bugs patched via updates. this was impossible before widespread high speed internet. before that, the majority of games from major studios worked out of the box. they had to.

but my golden years of gaming were on Commodore machines (C64, A500, A1200) and because the programmers only had code for a uniform chipset, the games worked across the platform.

what is driving me mad is the examples they're showing, a fcking dwarven mudcrab for 300 creds? or the backpacks?! while they keep babbling about ''DLC'' content wtf, a new pet isn't a dlc is a damn micro transaction, i can see this system as a good idea to help huge projects like ''tales of two wastelands'', ''skyblivion'', ''Falskaar'' or ''fallout miami''. those can be considered DLC and maybe could use some help from beth to make it possible, i would definetively pay 10-20 bucks for a skyblivion or a skywind mod. but to pay for a fricking dwarven mudcrab pet? no way!

what is driving me mad is the examples they're showing, a fcking dwarven mudcrab for 300 creds? or the backpacks?! while they keep babbling about ''DLC'' content wtf, a new pet isn't a dlc is a damn micro transaction, i can see this system as a good idea to help huge projects like ''tales of two wastelands'', ''skyblivion'', ''Falskaar'' or ''fallout miami''. those can be considered DLC and maybe could use some help from beth to make it possible, i would definetively pay 10-20 bucks for a skyblivion or a skywind mod. but to pay for a fricking dwarven mudcrab pet? no way!

Skyblivion, Skywing, To2W, FO3inFO4 could benefit from CC, but only because if Bethesda are selling it they might allow the use of game assets which would save a lot of time creating the land masses. they might even be able to use the original NPC voices.

I am pretty sure all of the assets for FO3, were also in the NV archives. :D

Many of them were but from what I remember from forum lurking during development there were a large number that had to be extracted and converted or rebuilt but that's from memories that are several years old.