Creation Club Summer 2017

N7R

I wonder how creation club will do for talent scouting to offer an actual job for the better/more reliable content creators ;>
THIS IS SOMETHING PEOPLE HAVE MISSED. GAME DEVELOPMENT ISN'T JUST CODING, IT'S ART AND DESIGN TOO

literally was one of the things I had in mind when I suggested what is basically the system bethesda is rolling out, minus the quite ingenius part of having their own internal currency to avoid the problems of regionalization while also (hopefully?) enabling some sort of moddables system for PS
sorry I can't find the actual posts on it to link and prove it (I already sifted through my posts), but anyone that's seen me spazz out before knows I'm not going ot lie about something like that and that I do in fact come up with ideas

remember that the content creators themselves were the ones complaining about not being able to get paid for work done, so if you're "losing top tier content creators" maybe that's because they found someone that'll treat them better ;p
or, maybe there'll be some work done, some hobby stuff crafted, and hopefully, the main thrust of this I'm hoping for is it serves as a meritocratic sieve for the better/more reliable ones to get into bethesda as employees

you think I'm joking but it hit me like a sack of bricks that adam adamowicz was that good when I I read up the description on the X-02 mod, and then saw his work, that sort of pure... vision in terms of things one wants to do artistically is something that while I feel it's not missing in bethesda, is missing compared to how it could be, for fallout considering he's pretty much a colossal titan in terms of imagination from what I saw, kind of similar to how blizzard had those two guys, metzen and samwise, but also a 3rd person in the early days for diablo 1 and basically coasted since on their talents

so basically this is my plot to get skilled modders hired by bethesda for better works in the future, because I hope that fresh passion/drive/vision that's verifiably skillful and potent is injected in

• Replies 496
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Imo, even the old mod system was better than that. At least for modders. They have their own shares from their mod.

With the new system probably not, as they get paid for milestones. Lets say you earn $10,000.00 from all milestones and the DLC gets sold more than 1 mil copies. As its a major addition to the game like Far Harbor/Nuka World. That is not unrealistic. This is a joke. This would be a gigantic win for Bethesda.

Also, the promise that all CC Mods will be compatible with your save game, is straight a lie. Everyone who knows a little about it, know that this is not possible. I don't trust them.

Imo, even the old mod system was better than that. At least for modders. They have their own shares from their mod.

With the new system probably not, as they get paid for milestones. Lets say you earn $10,000.00 from all milestones and the DLC gets sold more than 1 mil copies. As its a major addition to the game like Far Harbor/Nuka World. That is not unrealistic. This is a joke. This would be a gigantic win for Bethesda.

Also, the promise that all CC Mods will be compatible with your save game, is straight a lie. Everyone who knows a little about it, know that this is not possible. I don't trust them.

CC content will be compatible with all other OFFICIAL content. Beth is well aware that they have no control over the free mods folks may install.

CC content will be compatible with all other OFFICIAL content. Beth is well aware that they have no control over the free mods folks may install.

and how often do we see people having problems with the vanilla game because of something included in an official patch or the DLC?

just look at how many problems are caused by the HD textures alone.

and how often do we see people having problems with the vanilla game because of something included in an official patch or the DLC?

HD textures alone are fine, they do however not play nice with a lot of free market mods.

HD textures alone are fine, they do however not play nice with a lot of free market mods.

yea, ALL the official content from Beth is bug free and works out the box with no problem.

the only ray of sunshine in all this is that Bethesda might start picking up the practice of fixing bugs in testing BEFORE releasing the mini DLCs, and if bugs do get through, working with those affected to fix them.

• 1 month later...

Bethesda has made their position clear in their announcement here... https://creationclub.bethesda.net/en

This will be more in the way of official content, basically DLC, that may also be made by those not normally employed by Bethesda. However, modders who do have project proposals accepted by Bethesda will be paid for their work. They must create completely new content and must comply with a production schedule which will include thorough testing. Sounds like a win-win to me.

Win-Win? The bill goes on us mod-users!

I create mods, because the game inspired me or something bothers me in the game. When I decide to change these things for myself, why should I take money for it? I share my work, so other gamers who think in the same way could enjoy my creation.

I think thats a win-win! You created something for your self and share it with other people for free.