Creation Club Summer 2017

N7R

Your not paying the creator, your paying bethesda, Who pays the creator a set amount based on development milestones. So if its incredibly popular mod, creator wont see any extra money.

Work-for-hire mods. Bleah. No thanks. Unless they can pay more on an hourly basis than what my actual job pays, no way am I giving them my free time and hard work in exchange for a pittance so that they can rake in sales.

• Replies 496
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Because if this is just, you know, optionally paying the creators then I'll love that and will throw some money towards the mod makers but I don't necessarily agree with a paywall system.

You can do that now. If you really like someone's work, toss them a Donation.

The author will probably be quite pleasantly surprised, given how few people use that button....

Bethesdas whole conference was horrible and then this came out. Giving us s#*! we didn't ask for. I dont think Bethesda will be happy until they divide the community so much that it eventually dies. It just kills me that they are hiding behind the whole we are trying to support the community speech. I have to ask them how? By stabbing it to death.

You'll halve to excuse me if I don't believe Bethesda when they say quality mods only. Because some sort of garbage will always slip through not to mention how do they plan to pay teams of modders working on one project? What is their idea of quality? I mean do they realize that some of the best mods take a year or two before they are perfected or completed. They claim they'll pay modders but how much and how does it work.

Right now the only group of people I see this being geared towards is Xbox players. Ps4 can't have custome assets so that's gonna limit mod authors on what they can/want to make. Pc players have the script extenders so the quality of mods will always be greater/more complex.

Bethesdas whole conference was horrible and then this came out. Giving us s*** we didn't ask for. I dont think Bethesda will be happy until they divide the community so much that it eventually dies. It just kills me that they are hiding behind the whole we are trying to support the community speech. I have to ask them how? By stabbing it to death.

You'll halve to excuse me if I don't believe Bethesda when they say quality mods only. Because some sort of garbage will always slip through not to mention how do they plan to pay teams of modders working on one project? What is their idea of quality? I mean do they realize that some of the best mods take a year or two before they are perfected or completed. They claim they'll pay modders but how much and how does it work.

Right now the only group of people I see this being geared towards is Xbox players. Ps4 can't have custome assets so that's gonna limit mod authors on what they can/want to make. Pc players have the script extenders so the quality of mods will always be greater/more complex.

That whole speech is the thing that gets me.

They marketed both this and the first attempt as trying to support mod authors yet outside of the actual CK and dev tools Ive legit never seen beth actually support mod authors.

I.E. they didn't do anything when authors mods were being stolen and uploaded to their own mod hosting site. But I guess they want to support the community when they can make some money from it though.

Your not paying the creator, your paying bethesda, Who pays the creator a set amount based on development milestones. So if its incredibly popular mod, creator wont see any extra money.

Work-for-hire mods. Bleah. No thanks. Unless they can pay more on an hourly basis than what my actual job pays, no way am I giving them my free time and hard work in exchange for a pittance so that they can rake in sales.

It depends if sales targets are a development milestone and what the payment from Bethesda is at each milestone (Not gonna know that one unless someone leaks it). Ifs it a fixed rate with no sales targets then don't expect huge mods likes a falskaar, because its not worth it for the creator. If its a scale payment based on the size of the project and/or if there's sales target milestones then its could work in both party's favor.