The Creation Club - How to make it helpful to the Modding community, not destroy it

MrJoseCuervo

They want a new revenue stream.

They want more control over the end of life of their titles.

They want to focus more on consoles.

Game development stopped being an art form for them awhile ago, its all about the profits now.

• Replies 203
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Game development stopped being an art form for them awhile ago, its all about the profits now.

You would almost think that they were in business to make money........

You would almost think that they were in business to make money........

that is their prime directive. games are just the means.

when Zeniax Media and Bethesda Softworks were created the emphasis shifted from creating quality AAA titles to maximising profits.

game isn't ready... release it anyway.

if sales are high enough... release a patch.

release cut content as DLC.

rinse IP until the canonical lore is meaningless.

move on to new IP.

They will keep putting their products out as is, and they'll continue to do what they want for as long as you keep feeding them your money. So because that will never change, trends like this will continue. Money talks, and when there isn't enough, businesses will start wondering why. Beth has never had to wonder why.

Edited by TheDungeonDweller

They will keep putting their products out as is, and they'll continue to do what they want for as long as you keep feeding them your money. So because that will never change, trends like this will continue. Money talks, and when there isn't enough, businesses will start wondering why. Beth has never had to wonder why.

agreed

but Zenimax only has the money to think about and they have shareholders who care only about return on investment.

what happens when the return on investment for the Creation Club isn't as high as projected because people are getting the free Chinese Stealth Suit from the Nexus instead of buying the Creation Club version?

agreed

but Zenimax only has the money to think about and they have shareholders who care only about return on investment.

what happens when the return on investment for the Creation Club isn't as high as projected because people are getting the free Chinese Stealth Suit from the Nexus instead of buying the Creation Club version?

I don't think CC will be able to help NOT making money. This isn't like the original paid mods scheme, in this instance, beth pays modders while work is in progress, once it is uploaded, and released for sale, the modder is no longer in the picture, and beth keeps 100% of the proceeds. Given that this will be the only way the PS4 folks will be able to get new content, I suspect they are going to be the largest group patronizing CC.

CC isn't going to make money right away, but, as the content available there expands, so will profits. And it will also be there for the next round of games.

i think their decision should be console users pays for mods for why should we get free stuff for choosing cheaper systems

we dont get free dlcs so why shouldnt cc be best thing for then mod authors can contribute and be rewarded for it

but cc shall never enforce payment on pc users due too if they stopped making mods the idea of mods on console is as good as dead

You ask why i am so against this "Creation Club".

Looking at the history of Fallout ever since Bethesda picked it up (since fallout 3) speaks for itself, since the publishers were never interested in the game, they were only interested in the money, and This Creation Club will give them a better revenue than going trough the troubles of making a solid game, meaning that IF they will ever bother to release a new game for Either Fallout or TES, it will keep going down hill in quality.

The only step back towards the fun Roleplaying Fallout feel for the series was with Fallout New Vegas, which seemed to go back to the original feel of the game, but then again it crushed the Fallout Feel of the series with Fallout 4.

Even Todd Howard admitted that fallout 4 is just a shooter with World exploration aspects (proof of that in the video i will put a link to).

This video explains it in far more detail than i ever will be able to.

Bellow is the same comment i left on the video:

I cant help but feel frustrated after this video. You put in words everything i felt about fallout these days. I never thought i would say this about a fallout series, but i regret buying fallout 4. After 2 years i still never finished the game, as it just lives me cold and with a bad taste in my mouth, its still installed on my pc, but i hardly ever bother to play it. I wont judge bethesda too much for fallout 3, as it was a huge step from the 2d aspect of the series, and moving the game to what it was might have brought some difficulties remaining faithfull to the style of the series. I will say that between Fallout 3 and Fallout 4, Fallout New vegas was by far the best one , a game i finished at least 4 times un-modded. This leads me to think that while bethesda managed to make big money off the series, they still aren't the best publisher suited for the Fallout series, this making me hope that Obsidian will get full free Reign at the next title and take it a step back to the old series, maybe not in the game mechanics, since they were the only good thing about fallout 4, but in the gameplay style, Storyline, Character building (perks and skills), choice freedom and world environment. Thats all that the game needs really, oh and drop the character voice acting, it ruins the RPG feel of the game a lot. I will admit that i was kinda into the ideea of voice acting at first, but i found it very limiting . The only way you could add it into the game would be if they used at least 20 different type of voice actors using a huge amount of dialogue options for every situation you can encounter, and we all know that would cost far too much. Or maybe a ground breaking technology that allowes you to get your own voice into the game, but i am getting a bit off topic. Bottom fact is, Bethesda , you need to think more about our long term experience , than the quick selling one that dissapoints later on.

Edited by HeArTBeaT15

There is no such thing as a free lunch.

They WILL suck you dry and discard you. That is what i would do had i a board and an annual estimated revenue to answer for.

You as a modder are nothing more in their eyes than an opportunity to squeeze a few extra pennies out of a bugged game.

They are gonna eff you soo hard that you head will spin, steal your s***, leave you mod and still penniless.

Go prove me wrong.

Edited by Arneercool

There is no such thing as a free lunch.

They WILL suck you dry and discard you. That is what i would do had i a board and an annual estimated revenue to answer for.

You as a modder are nothing more in their eyes than an opportunity to squeeze a few extra pennies out of a bugged game.

They are gonna eff you soo hard that you head will spin, steal your s***, leave you mod and still penniless.

Go prove me wrong.

I am sure folks will.