CBBE vs. UNP

nightrox1

CBBE or UNP  

3967 members have voted

1. 1. Which do you prefer?

(...) when I look at UNP, I see everything that was wrong with how anorexic women were idealized. (...) lot of posts about how unrealistic CBBE is, but you are fighting dragons and casting magic.

It's a matter of taste and education : CBBE is DEFINITELY what you are describing with its abnormal boobs : idealizing another impossibility is pretty wrong, as too many women go to the surgeon because of that deviant fashion. Why are men so mean with their ladies? Too many of them are getting dumber and dumber, like spending gazillions of dollars at the surgeon just to feel normal... Deviant. But again it's a matter of taste so... I won't promote something that's only possible via plastic surgery.

I grew up reading sword and sorcery comics.

Ah that's why! As I wrote it's a matter of taste, and mostly of education... rotfl. ;)

• Replies 265
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i use both UNP and CBBE actually. UNP comes with some of the standalone followers so i dont change that and let they stay how they are to get diversity. For CBBE you get more size on body parts as well as more clothing options in my opinion. Also most tattoo and skins etc. You can also take the CHSBCH and turn that into CBBB which works just like CBBE with now just jiggle and the clothing and armor meshes will stay working the same.

So... This is like a hipster tread? I like UNP because i like seam lines on my chars and they are like so slim! /sarcasm

I dont think that would even be a choice but ok... CBBE BodySlide and Texture Blender alone take this. But it doesn't end there... Caliente still have slim and nevernudes in addition to curvy, also have support for female Khajiits and loads of armors. etc

UNP has nice vaginas and breast i guess... I usually use armor in game or at least some cloth so i don't rly care... I find them kinda skinny for Dovahkiin. Its still good but that's it.

In the end is all IMO, so take it as you want.

Edit: That CBBE boobs crap is like some of the most idiotic comments I've read in this tread... Do you ppl even tried CBBE?

Edited by neckes

Edit: That CBBE boobs crap is like some of the most idiotic comments I've read in this tread... Do you ppl even tried CBBE?

I give them the benefit of the doubt, and I say they did. That's their opinion. You've got yours. Now if you try to flame them... that won't end well. For you.

I give them the benefit of the doubt, and I say they did. That's their opinion. You've got yours. Now if you try to flame them... that won't end well. For you.

I don't care... As I said I think its stupid... My opinion bout their opinions... We are entitled to them rgt?

On the other side I do care when you accuse me of flaming. Like its personal or something... Then is that some kind of threat in the end?

What next? Do I need a lawyer? PM me if I do... Or not... I'm out.

I don't care... As I said I think its stupid... My opinion bout their opinions... We are entitled to them rgt?

On the other side I do care when you accuse me of flaming. Like its personal or something... Then is that some kind of threat in the end?

What next? Do I need a lawyer? PM me if I do... Or not... I'm out.

I warned you because I am a moderator and it is my job to stomp out potential flame wars. Since you did not take my hint, and decided to sass me, I give you a two-week posting suspension. You are definitely entitled to your opinion, however, expressing it is entirely optional. And as it is a private site, we have the right to tell you what is acceptable and what is not.

On a final note: obviously everybody has the right to prefer one body mod over the other. That is normal, tastes differ. However, just because some people have a different opinion, it does not give you grounds for calling those opinions idiotic. It is like calling people dumb because they prefer, let's say, brunettes over blondes or clean-shaved guys over bearded ones.

-LM

• 1 month later...

Just my two cents ...

CBBE breasts (as long as they are the curvy mod and not the watermelons) look a bit more natural to me ... but in my opinion UNP looks better for an elf and CBBE looks better for a human

The UNP vag looks much better ... if you spend your time looking at that instead of playing the game ...

But the clincher for me is that (in my opinion) the fitness body looks better with UNP ...

Both are nice ... both have nice armor mods (I like UNP armor mods a little more) ...

Final thought is that the excellent Immersive Armors only works with UNP and that is important to me ... but to each his own; at the end of the day, I don't think you can go wrong with either if you want a sexy vixen running around Skyrim.

Back in Oblivion, I resisted downloading the female body replacers for a long time because I wasn't a fan of objectifying bodies for the sake of sexuality. The whole nudity thing really threw me off, and it wasn't until I learned that you could attach "bikinis" for underwear that I I considered using them. Even then I downloaded the "skinnier" version because of two reasons:

1) Personal taste: I'm impartial to curves.

2) I found the heavier sets to be outside of the vanilla means.

Now in Skyrim, you have a similar set up: "skinnier" bodies versus curvier bodies, or UNP versus CBBE. Now, both offer underwear versions, so for a time I considered CBBE for its excellent coverage of skinny and heavy side of things with the weight slider device. However, what turned me off was that, even on the skinniest mode possible (which is no where near anorexic in my opinion, contrary to some people saying otherwise) the characters had these REALLY big butts and hips, to the point that they didn't match the skinny figure of the character. So I picked UNP because I found that a) it was nearest the vanilla shape while offering HD textures and improved shapes, and b) it didn't look absurd or too curvy to me.

Now, it's totally fair to defend CBBE, because it does offer variance. But we all know that CBBE is used for excessive proportions of butts and breasts at a majority. That is what it was designed for. So that's why I prefer UNP - because that's not my tastes.

But to defend UNP, I have never felt that it was "too" skinny or representative of today's unhealthy standards of skinny people. And it's not as if CBBE is an exception from the objectification of women's bodies - it's just as guilty in the community.

However, I think both offer quality mods, and each deserve their reactions in the community.

I have to disagree with you Jaradin...As a woman who spent the first 30 years of my life trying desperately to put weight on...I was bony and underweight, in my opinion very UNP...Though during my third and final pregnancy something changed drastically and I have fighting weight since then for the past ten years with the opposite problem now, battling to keep excess weight off. I personally feel the UNP looks extremely unhealthy, too thin...whereas the CBBE though still idealized 'yes' does offer the much more rounded healthier (child bearing) shape...as a very hetro female, I don't give a damn about big butts and boobs, they do nothing for me, but what I do give a damn about is seeing healthy weight in the females around me in RL and in my games....It is a very interesting fact that our Western Culture does stand out as rather unique that it 'idealizes' thin women, the majority of other cultures both old and current tend to encourage heavier woman.