CBBE vs. UNP

nightrox1

CBBE or UNP  

3967 members have voted

1. 1. Which do you prefer?

I don't play female characters in skyrim so I did not use any body mods for some time but then I found some good armor mods for CBBE and installed it. I gave the Armors to my followers. Recently I found the mature skin mod. At the beginning it was only for UNP and therefore I changed the body again. I really love the skin and the variations. Now the mature skin mod already exists for CBBE but I prefer the breasts of the UNP mod.

• Replies 265
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I pondered using CBBE or UNP, but since neither seems to support the vanilla armors without bugs, I have stuck to XCE for an improved Vanilla body that has no conflicts with the vanilla armors and better support for various other armor mods I use.

• 5 weeks later...

I really dont understand how "realism" is your argument for body choice since this game is based on dragons, magic, assassains, swords and what not. But aside from that, CBBE and UNP are the top 2 body mods on the nexus, I personally prefer the CBBE because, well, i like tits... We should all just get along, I love the individual armor sets UNP modders make, but i got a s#*! ton on CBBE stuff on here as well which makes it a real shame. Instead of arguing which body is better. Can the fellow armor modders plz just make your goods available for both types.

• 2 weeks later...

I prefer the UNP normal and slim bodies, because it's more realistic and prettier for me. The main problem on CBBE is that the hips are extremely unrealistic and the oversized boobs are only unrealistic, because the plastic surgery in Rifton has no boob implants, but I wouldn't get it why a woman in The Elder Scrolls should have implantats in her breast, as there are only "real and tough men" everywhere, that see the true nature of a womens body. I don't know where you all are coming from, but if you aren't from somewhere in america where pretty people make themself ugly with plastic surgery to look like a made flesh human failure, there is no place on earth a woman looks like this. I don't look on boobsize, but I prefer realistic sizes. In armors you can't see the boobs/textures most of the time, but you can see the extremely unrealistic megahips in the armors, that transform the ass into a big mega bubble butt and a bubble butt on slim person is very unrealistic, if it's not a "duck butt". The problem here is, that a "duck butt" is a genetical failure of fat-distribution. If it was a dragons ass I won't notice it, but a human is a human and I see human bodies in all variations for more than 27 years now. CBBE is definitely not a human body. A human body wouldn't have such big silhouettes, if the fat of the body wouldn't fit. The elven bodies etc. I don't judge, because I've never seen a real elf and only know the ones from fantasy books and movies.

This is the only thing why the CBBE is unpretty for me - the unrealistic silhouettes of the human body.

It's a funny thing as I read D00msday's post....our individual perceptions on 'realism'...Granted neither UNP or CBBE are very realistic, they are both idealized versions of a woman's form. But some of us seek as much realism as we are able to find for our games....myself included....thus I use the CBBE in my game.

My reasoning, though both body types are not exactly common day realism....their both being much more the unusual than the norm, I guess maybe the end of the day it's what those bodies say to us. I use the CBBE due to the rounder form, large butt, fuller body, etc....as it is important to me that a woman looks like she is eating....I am a 43 year old woman with teenage daughters, the pressure I see put on my girls through advertising, etc...to starve themselves to fit the idealized rail thin under fed body type so revered within the Western Culture....the UNP is just too thin for my preference, looks under fed, doesn't look fit and healthy to me....I would rather see the big butt in my game, than rail thin.

Any reasons why I should switch to one of the other body mods? Because right now, I intend to stick with Vanilla no matter what.

There's no reason what so ever....it all just comes down to personal choice as to what we wish to have in our Games....Me, I'm a 'realism junkie' and so anatomically complete bodies with no glued on underwear is important to me....As an older adult I also do not take kindly to the silly morality of graphic beheadings, arterial blood spray, etc...are completely acceptable, but breasts, male and female sexual organs and sexuality is not.....And so I have complete bodies as par for the course in my game.....It's all just personal choice and what you want.

With Caliente's body slide tool, you can pretty much make whatever body you want. However it unfortunately requires that armors are adapted to support bodyslide, which sadly is rarely done(and if they are, it is still skimpy armor adaptations).