CBBE vs. UNP

nightrox1

CBBE or UNP  

3967 members have voted

1. 1. Which do you prefer?

UNP because there are as far as I know a lot more skins for it that has some proper texture to it. UNP at least has some textures where you can see some density. CBBE textures to my knowledge it all looks like plastic. I even tried some sweat on it but didnt help much.

They are the same except the proportions are different. Your bias is clouding your judgment.

• 1 month later...
  • Replies 265
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 3 weeks later...

I have only ever used CBBE, not sure the difference between all the different body mods, all i know is cbbe, unp and something else i forget the name, but the titties bounce lol.

on my cbbe i use slim/petite whatever the name is. as i prefer that body and i dont like big boos much. I also use an athletic body on females so they have abs haha.

cbbe has more armor mods from what i see, i may be wrong because i dont use unp. but i think when i upgrade my rig later this year i may switch to unp.

currently not playing skyrim but still in touch with keeping up on mods and stuff.

• 1 month later...

I see the word Realistic thrown around a lot when it shouldn't be.

CBBE=The breasts look like they may possibly have implants, the butt looks like it has implants.

UNP=a bit more natural forms.

UNPB=the breasts are shaped like they have implants again(crossing over a size threshhold with no increase in sagginess).

None of the above statements about naturalness have anything to do with sizes, only with shape.

As for textures, you can get your own separate textures, normal maps and such to suit your tastes.

As for the CBBE bodyslide thing, I havent tried it but it's possible that you may be able to adjust the sizes if that is something that worries you. But if you want a more believable natural look then UNP is your best bet.

Needs a `vanilla' option.

Morrowind had pretty bad bodies, so Better Bodies was practically essential. Oblivion had awful bodies, so you strongly benefited from something (personally, I used one of the less-popular ones). Skyrim bodies are fine, aesthetically. Are they supermodels? No, but that is not the game I want to play either. I am not sure if vanilla bodies are good/bad for texture/armour moders to work with (perhaps body mods allow moders more flexibility?), but for my own personal

I once tried a custom race that used CBBE and thought it looked plastic (like a creepy doll). I have also tried one that used UNP which looked a lot better (IMO), but still did not seem worth the fuss of using over vanilla.

If I had to choose I'd go with UNP. I like the look more. However with that body change mod I don't have to choose and can have them both installed in Skyrim at once which is great for having different style characters.

• 2 weeks later...

as being inobservant and unwilling to look for the differences, i was wondering, how are cbbe and unp different? and if so, which one is better in what various aspects?

Here's my 2 cents worth ..

I have modded Skyrim from zero mods to way over 200 about 5 different times now. ( modding the game IS the game to me in some ways )

Anyhow... I've used UNP , CBBE , and SevenBase , etc. With these I've done many differnt combinations , such as Muscle mods , gloss , wet look etc etc etc.

Synopsis

UNP

If I were to recomend one for the guy who just wants a dozen or so mods to to upgrade the game and roll with I'd say go with UNP for simplicity. UNP is a great looking mod and is compatible with tons of mods.

SevenBase

Freaking AMAZING work. but... it is not something I'd recommend to newbie modders for a couple of reasons.

If you are starting from a clean slate it's easier though. Also , in comparison to the other two , not as compatible right now. ( That will change for the better over time no doubt as more mod creators jump on the band wagon )

CBBE and CBBE BP (Breast physics)

This is my choice after having tried everything in just about every possible ( and sometimes impossible ) combination.

Why CBBE?

There's a metric-crap-ton of compatible mods.

Body slider built in. ( It's a program window that lets you micromanage a character body to your exact specifications. Just slide the bars for "thighs" , for example , left or right to where you like them )

Additionally you can then change all the armors to fit and match the new body size you just created.

I could go on and on for days about all of these but wanted to keep this fairly short.