CBBE vs. UNP

nightrox1

CBBE or UNP  

3967 members have voted

1. 1. Which do you prefer?

CBBE user here. My brother has been using UNP, but after seeing my CBBE custom-slider body, he's liking it more. Years of using Poser have left me with a good eye for balancing between fantasy and realistic. While the bewbs can get stupid, they can go as pancake as you want but still retain the roundness of a woman who doesn't know what a training bra is for.

• 3 weeks later...
  • Replies 265
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I used CBBE the first time I modded Skyrim and I thought it looked amazing in an arousing sort of way. However I came back to installing mods on Skyrim and I went with UNP this time for a more realistic styling.

CBBE was what I used when I grew bored of Skyrim and wanted to have sexy time (not even denying it).

• 2 weeks later...

I've tried both, and as a 54 year old married male I like the mild day-dream fantasy trance CBBE induces :happy:. It takes my mind off the world. But more seriously, I had a few issues with some UNP armour and clothes mods fitting with the UNP body and kept going back to CBBE which I felt made a better fit, look and finish, and that's not with silly boobs. In fact I load XP32's UNPB body with a custom skeleton and overwrite with CBBE's. Gives me the best of worlds including the VHH 360 walking view and so far my character has not exploded mid-game (it's a bit fiddly remembering which bit goes over which...) It's interesting to see the vote is neck and neck.

I played vanilla for the longest time but decided I wanted to try something different. As a female gamer, I'm a bit fussy. I went with Dimon's UNP body, followed by XP32's UNPB body (and his skeleton). Then I discovered Sevenbase. I use that with Coverwomen.

Due to the neclkline problem, I use http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/30050/? which works out well. It's actually for Dimon's UNP body with Coverwomen.

I like to show a bit of skin at times and use the Seraphine armour mod. Otherwise, it's Northgirl or the Sleek Steel mods. I play a Nord so the Sevenbase fits well.

• 3 weeks later...
I'm relatively new to Skyrim modding, having come from Oblivion modding, so I haven't done anything to my female bodies or clothing yet. Not to give away which mod I'd leaning towards, I'm not looking for skimpiness but I am looking for curves.

But after doing research for the "perfect" female body/clothing/armour mod combination the choice between CBBE and UNP is looking like the choice between the Imperial Legion and the Stormcloaks. :armscrossed: I'm very keen on sticking with Vanilla for now.

Frankly, part of the reason I've been turned off from both mods is the behaviour of some of their users.

• CBBE: Hundreds of posts on hothtrooper's Immersive Armours mod asking for CBBE conversions, even though it says right in the mod's description that hothtrooper will not make such conversions himself due to how much work that would be (the UNP conversions for Immersive Armors weren't done by hothtrooper himself either).
  • UNP: Lots of users who love to assert their moral superiority for not liking giant breasts.
As for the technical aspects, If I use a body mod I'd want conversions for all Vanilla+DLC armours and clothings, like EVE HGEC for Oblivion. As far as I can tell, this doesn't exist yet for CBBE. We might see it for CBBE now that Bodyslide 2 is released, but I'd give it a year from now at least. I have no idea what UNP has, other than the Immersive Armour conversions. I have no time to do any conversions myself. Hell, even Oblivion's EVE mod missed a few outfits.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

UNP for me - looked at both - tried both prior to settling in on which I'd be using.

IMO There's a certain campiness to the CBBE, that's not a bad thing, just not my cup of tea.

specifically - I'm using the following:

UNP BASE Skinny body V1dot2-6709 (aka UNP slim)

Sporty Blessed UNPB - Athletic muscle map-13377-1-02

The look is lean a lean toned hard-body that actually looks like she can pull off the amazing feats physical feats she does. Like back flips, front flips and out running wolves >.<

Besides, A cups are awesome. My only complaint is that several of the UNP tops cause my character to put on weight (the slider) while wearing them to make her fit them (okay clearly she just stuffing her bra). Though, I suppose this is better then simply not being able to use them at all.

Both mod's *can* look pretty real if fiddled with some. So really I think the only way to decide which one is right for you - is to try them both out, and see which one makes you go, "wow" that should be the one used ;)

Edited by Lobbo28