CBBE vs. UNP

nightrox1

CBBE or UNP  

3967 members have voted

1. 1. Which do you prefer?

I tried CBBE first and then UNP, stuck with UNP. I am surprised at the results for this poll; I thought CBBE was more popular as it seems there are more armors and clothing for that than UNP and CBBE is more often downloaded

• Replies 265
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i can't care less about either one..the only reason i'd use one or the other would be to use a custom armor...

that said, what i would like to see is that all the modders working on and releasing body meshes would arrive to a concensus on the texturing. that is detach the whole texture issue from the model itself and focus on that, so all of the bodies use one texture and the decision is reduced to what shape do you like the most without alienating players from a number of armors in the proccess

and when that is resolved we can choose to have the texture of our liking in whatever shape is available.

• 2 weeks later...
I don't understand why there can't be a compromise? There must be a way to keep both skins and have them be able to switch within the game. Or at least have the bot use the same skin map and pinch one of them to fit the other. It's tedious but would well be worth it.

I don't understand why there can't be a compromise? There must be a way to keep both skins and have them be able to switch within the game. Or at least have the bot use the same skin map and pinch one of them to fit the other. It's tedious but would well be worth it.

Unfortunately, it is not really possible to do that. The size differences between the two make armour unusable depending on which body mod and which armour mod you choose to use.

The way Skyrim works, apparently, is that the entire body is required to make the armour "fit" properly. ALL armors out there REPLACE the default body, with whatever body mod the armor creator chose to use. You are not "adding" armor to the body, but actually replacing the default body with the armor/body combo.

So far, no one has posted a way to create clothing/armor that does not require an underlying body, either the default Skyrim body, or one of the various other body mods out there.

BodySlide An application that allows you to mix and match various options included in CBBE; for example, with it you can have the Curvy body's hips/bottom at maximum, with the Slim body's breasts at minimum. This tool also has the 'Super Silly Huge' sizes, and the Breast and Butt Physics option; if you wish to use BBP, you must install another mod before you install any part of CBBE/BodySlide to prevent CTDs. Also for BodySlide is an 'Extra Presets' pack, which includes twelve presets where the shape is 80-90% identicle to various Oblivion and Skyrim female body mods, such as HGEC, UNP, ADEC, etc.

Highly recommended is the More Sliders mod by Moonballz, which has 15+ new sliders to customise your CBBEv3 bodies with.

I dont see why people would use UNP when you can use CBBE V3 and the bodyslide tool. plus you can tweak the UNP shape in Bodyslide to fit exactly how you want it.

Armors are compatible regardless of what body you use except the shape may not be the same and if the armor shows details like whats between the legs or nipples then you will have a problem. That's the only real time to worry about an armor's compatibiity.

So far, no one has posted a way to create clothing/armor that does not require an underlying body, either the default Skyrim body, or one of the various other body mods out there.

Since nobody has posted how, then here is a workaround for the textures, change the bodies texture filepaths in Nifskope to the same as the armors, throw the relevant .DDS files in there. Done.

Edited by jet4571

• 2 weeks later...

Hi, I'm actually still using the vanilla body, but I want to switch to either UNP or CBBE body.

Can anyone tell me, if the vanilla armors and outfits fit better to UNP or CBBE?

Besides, has anyone find out the difference bezween UNP and CBBE-Slim?

According to this topic, the UNP is slimer than CBBE, but what about CBBE-Slim`?

the slim version of CBBE I think has a bigger butt than UNP aside from that its just some details in the mesh or normal map and maybe the waist and boob size. you can use the Bodyslide and the preset to get CBBE to have the same dimensions as UNP or just about any shape you want.

As for Vanilla armor it wont matter which body you use because Bethesda has chosen to have the body as part of the armor, this means that vanilla armor is still going to look like you dont have a body mod installed but this also allows people to use armor made to fit the shape of any body mod as long as the details like nipples or crotch is covered. That means you cant use a CBBE armor that doesnt cover the boobs when you have UNP installed unless you dont mind the texture on the boobs looking like plastic surgery gone bad in the worst way.

Caliente has a vanilla armor mod that is bodyslide compatible, so if you choose CBBE and use Bodyslide you can use that armor pack to get vanilla armors to have the same shape as the body.

i voted for cbbe because of the bodyslider and some of my fav armour mods are for cbbe. (useing slim version)

if the only reason you dont like cbbe is because of the unrealistic boob sizes or something why not just use the slider to edit it to be more "reaistic"?

i know very little about modding but i am curious though, couldnt we just use calentines bodyslider to edit the cbbe shape to look like unp then use mods created for both bodyshapes? since it would be cbbe mod with unp body? also does unp have its own sliders? last time i checked it didnt.

lastly, i have noticed a newish bodymod that, atleast to me looks more realistic then both cbbe and unp, but maby its just me. http://skyrim.nexusmods.com/downloads/file.php?id=15416#content

Edited by malfusion

I started off using UNP then switched to CBBE just because the latter has many more armour choices.

I disagree with those saying CBBE is for big boobs, I use CBBE Slim with the boobs set at probably an A cup ... I don't like big boobs IRL or in game.

I have to laugh at people choosing UNP for 'realism', which is the exact opposite of what Dimon intended. ... "this mod. Which does NOT pretend to be: realistic,beautiful,eyecandy,it even does not pretend to be human-like."

At the end of the day its personal preference, I don't understand how people find K or H cups cups appealing, just as they probably dislike A & B cups. Both UNP & CBBE have their good points and bad points imo. Thinking about it ... maybe someone should combine the two then we can all use every armour set lol