Skyrim Castle MOD WIP

kane4355

File Management  

46 members have voted

1. 1. What would you prefer to download:

Well, I guess I could help you with your Navmesh problem. Im far from being an expert modder (VERY far actually) but I know some basics about 'em (considering I did some fully navmeshed rooms with patroling guards). Guess that would be a good opportunity to get back into the creation kit. Im usually not offering help because of my mediocre modding talents, but I really want this mod to be officially released. Edited by Swordmania

• Replies 194
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I want to say thank you to swordmania for his great help in starting work on the navmesh. it is greatly appreciated!

The mod is about 95% done (excluding possible beta testing) and there are two huge hiccups in the way : navmesh and the final boss scene. it is not going to be a simple 1 on 1 fight scene, it will be quite intricate, much like the Forbidden Legends end state in Reachwater Rock. It will still be go find this dude and kill him, but the fight scene itself will be intense, for both melee and magic. because of the fact that it is an intricate fight scene, i am seeking help from scripters to make it happen. anyone here who would like to help or look into it, here is the link to my brainstorm/asking for help.

http://forums.nexusmods.com/index.php?/topic/717952-creating-boss-fight/page__gopid__5735897#entry5735897

thank you to all the people who are looking foward to this mod, it means a lot and keeps me going. it may not have everything you want but i can try to include it once it is released and release additions through updates.

I want to say thank you to swordmania for his great help in starting work on the navmesh. it is greatly appreciated!

The mod is about 95% done (excluding possible beta testing) and there are two huge hiccups in the way : navmesh and the final boss scene. it is not going to be a simple 1 on 1 fight scene, it will be quite intricate, much like the Forbidden Legends end state in Reachwater Rock. It will still be go find this dude and kill him, but the fight scene itself will be intense, for both melee and magic. because of the fact that it is an intricate fight scene, i am seeking help from scripters to make it happen. anyone here who would like to help or look into it, here is the link to my brainstorm/asking for help.

http://forums.nexusmods.com/index.php?/topic/717952-creating-boss-fight/page__gopid__5735897#entry5735897

thank you to all the people who are looking foward to this mod, it means a lot and keeps me going. it may not have everything you want but i can try to include it once it is released and release additions through updates.

95% complete? holy s***! keep on working! take your time, do not hurry! better release it bugfree than too early :)

ill have to back that up to 90% still a lot of testing with bugs that need to be cleared with the questing and scripting. A bug, it seems, is haunting me. I cant quit eunderstand it or why it is doing it but i am not the only one experiencing it. Ironman5000 is also experiencing it with his mod currently. basically, npc's leveled or regular are experiencing something interesting and it is at random and i cannot pin it down. npc's are reacting or activating before a player reaches the trigger point, which they shouldnt. other specific incidents, such as draugr coming out of their sarcaphagus before the lid pops open - and only after they have come through does it pop the lid. some work perfectly fine and others do not. i cannot quite place where the issue is coming from. it has nothing to do with making sure they are parent activation only or whether the masterambushscript is checked for ontrigger (it is set to that on default). the quest is laid out it is just a matter of fine tuning and fixing ALL the bugs and there is quite a list. i am also working on the boss fight and need help with that.

ok so i found a solution to my weird acting npc's and it revolves around ai package data. once that was fixed they worked perfectly fine. it was just a matter of them having the right ai package data, were some had none so that they interacted as they were supposed to.

Boss fight is about 75% complete. minor tweaks here and there and then last phase. one more quest to do (short) then its all done, except for navmesh. depending on whether the navmesh is complete will determine when the mod is released. i want to give swordmanaia ample enough time to complete it, but if its not 100%, i can go with what is done.

Boss fight is about 98% complete. it works exactly how i wanted it to, with some minor cleanup and bug fixes. overall, it works perfectly :) of course it was tested with a level 1 god mode with 2 molag ball maces. it took about 20 minutes or so to complete the whole scene in testing.

is it possible to give like radiant quests so you can sit at your throne and people approach with challenge of duels, requests of defence or such things? this is one feature i would love in my castle and have yet to see a mod with such a feature as radiant quest style activities through out the grounds especially the throne room. btw good job on the mod so far :)

is it possible to give like radiant quests so you can sit at your throne and people approach with challenge of duels, requests of defence or such things? this is one feature i would love in my castle and have yet to see a mod with such a feature as radiant quest style activities through out the grounds especially the throne room. btw good job on the mod so far :)

As good as that sounds, i have to say i would be unable to work on that. i had to stop for a while on castle capabilities to work on the quest line to get the castle available and released with the time I have. If i have a chance I can work on that as well as other ideas on the plate. thank you for the idea!

just an update, work is almost done. the majority of the work that needs to be done will be the navmesh and if i get this done in time i can turn my attention as well to help swordmania so he is not alone.

for the beta phase, i am hoping i test it myself enough so there isnt much time needed to beta test. i need 2 more people willing and who have moderate modding experience to beta test for me. reason is i need that experience, is in the event a problem does occur they can give their opinion in how to fix it or an idea (kind of like real world game testers :P). for beta and for release, you will need to download skyrim monster mods (v7 to latest version is fine). It is a requirement to download this mod for certain parts of the quest to work properly (and to gain access to the castle). I suggest also being at least level 50 as some of the bosses are quite hard. any other mods that other anything between labrynthian and whiterun will conflict with this mod.

beta testers will need to give me their emails so i can send them the file to test. DO NOT expect what you get in beta test to be the final version. Some alterations or changes maybe needed or applied during beta phase.

compatibility problems: if you run into major issues the first thing you need to do is run it on a clean save game ( no active mods, I know its hard not to have any being lvl 50) and see if the problem persists. a lot of problems come from bad data in save games conflicting. Just because you turn off a mod and save a game later without it doesn't mean it removes it from a save game. There will also be some vanilla missions you will need to complete in order to fully get through the DK quests.

i will post and publish further information.

The first 2 people with qualified modding skills to message me will be opt in for the beta test. if i cannot get that, i will take some minor abilities in the creation kit.

Edited by kane4355