So the Creation Club just launched...

Deleted631007User

And achievements are again disabled. WTF

I tried using shadowman's updated achievements mod enabler (the one you download manually and doesn't require F4SE) but it won't copy to the Fallout 4 folder. Even though it is updated for the Creation Club as the notes say.

It would be more useful to report that to the mod author rather than here.

I had to use 7-zip to extract it properly, my fault. All is well.

Edited by rowdyraginrosco

• Replies 153
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

They should sell Fallout to Obsidian. Bethesda is slowly approaching the point of horse %^#@ by destroying their fan base of modders. Could it be in retaliation for modders restoring cut content and bashing them during New Vegas? possibly. one thing is for certain. THEY ARE DESTROYING THEIR FRANCHISE. Having a community of modders separate from a game is what attracted modders in the first place. by turning it into a cash avenue to better their investments they are destroying a fan base. People will not mod if they have to pay for it. Free mods encourages creativity and growth. look at Skyrim. The whole reason for this is because modders making money because the idea of it hitting game consoles pissed off larger companies. The corporations are really to blame. Its greed all of it. Ive been modding videogames since fallout 3, in that time ive seen them go from m3h to awesome. Skyrim mods were the latest and greatest but fallout 4 seems like it was specifically designed to prevent any type of creativity from making its way into our heart and making crap content better. Fallout 4 had a thin story line. Great graphics and game play but the whole point of mods is to tailor your game play experience to your preference. Essentially they are trying to morph all modders into secondary employees so they can slack on a crap game and make the fans do all the work. sure modders make a few dollars but they claim royalties. how backwards is this? Ask Todd Howard. Him and his staff have slowly turned the Fallout franchise into a homeless shelter Goulash made with feces.

When they started this, a portion, large, started boycotting it. who? the fans from PC, who mod. Console gamers wont care, they dont mod. theyll gladly smile and participate in something they can not do from a PC. Why? demand. Modders need to control it and keep in mind they are part of this as much as the people who do not mod. Is modding for commercial gain? or for the players experience?

They cant even support the script extender.

And then to top it all, somebody said they can extract the bsa files and have the new paid assets anyways. Looks like a really dumb___ screwup for Bethesda yet again. Seriously I have no need or want for Bethesda storing any file on my hard drive that I'm not able to use especially since I have already paid for the game anyways. I surely don't want some 2Gig plus file taking up space on my hard drive that's not usable unless I pay extra money for it, kinda sounds like " Hey consumer, I'm going to store a growing in size file on your rig that you cant use unless you pay for it?????" Can you say blackmail on your hard drive???

Well their updated broke my game, can't play through F4SE of course,but it also won't let me start through Steam... $%^&*&()*&^

Great. I just noticed the update downloading. 2.1 Gigs of gamebreaking additions as it seems.

Edit: F4SE not working, but at least I'm one of the lucky ones still being able to start from the launcher.

Just wanted to throw that out there again:

You can still play if you're using the 1.9.4 fallout.exe.

I didn't have them anymore but apparently installing a 1.9.4 crack works too.

That's how I got it working.

Hmmm... I get an error upon launch complaining about not being able to find LibSecPad.dll even after replacing the updated esm and bs2 files with the previous version.

Never mind, talk about not seeing the wood for the trees... is not what the update has added or changed, is also what it has deleted... what about I copy that library too? Oh yes! now it works.

They should sell Fallout to Obsidian. Bethesda is slowly approaching the point of horse %^#@ by destroying their fan base of modders. Could it be in retaliation for modders restoring cut content and bashing them during New Vegas? possibly. one thing is for certain. THEY ARE DESTROYING THEIR FRANCHISE. Having a community of modders separate from a game is what attracted modders in the first place. by turning it into a cash avenue to better their investments they are destroying a fan base. People will not mod if they have to pay for it. Free mods encourages creativity and growth. look at Skyrim. The whole reason for this is because modders making money because the idea of it hitting game consoles pissed off larger companies. The corporations are really to blame. Its greed all of it. Ive been modding videogames since fallout 3, in that time ive seen them go from m3h to awesome. Skyrim mods were the latest and greatest but fallout 4 seems like it was specifically designed to prevent any type of creativity from making its way into our heart and making crap content better. Fallout 4 had a thin story line. Great graphics and game play but the whole point of mods is to tailor your game play experience to your preference. Essentially they are trying to morph all modders into secondary employees so they can slack on a crap game and make the fans do all the work. sure modders make a few dollars but they claim royalties. how backwards is this? Ask Todd Howard. Him and his staff have slowly turned the Fallout franchise into a homeless shelter Goulash made with feces.

When they started this, a portion, large, started boycotting it. who? the fans from PC, who mod. Console gamers wont care, they dont mod. theyll gladly smile and participate in something they can not do from a PC. Why? demand. Modders need to control it and keep in mind they are part of this as much as the people who do not mod. Is modding for commercial gain? or for the players experience?

They cant even support the script extender.

A bit overdramatic, perhaps? I'm not a Fallout modder, though I've modded other games and understand the commitment it takes. I tend to be quite picky with the mods I enable, usually going for the most endorsed ones - why? Because they are updated regularly and work. There's some really good mods on nexus that are just too out of date/don't work properly - I don't have time to make it work - and when I do (like yesterday) I pay the price, I had to restart my whole game several times - making a decent looking character, setting up his stats and getting out of the vault to a bed so I can save takes about 25-30 mins - would I pay for convenience - yes, I would. Would I prefer to pay the mod authors here? Yes, if a proper system was set up - but I'm not sure they can legally or what the status is on that. So the creation club is the bare beginnings of something, and Nexus is also evolving in its own way. They both have some way to go, that much is obvious.

It's quite crappy only in that Bethesda came across as money-hungry EA by really dropping the ball with the starting lineup.. complete garbage other than the backpack, maybe. And I guess the Prey character looked like a neat idea, but I haven't had time to play Prey yet, so.. If they offered something good the reaction wouldn't be so bad.. idiotic.

It seems counterproductive to break 70% of the most popular mods when you so aggressively try to cornor and takeover the niche, and we all know they are gonna do it again at some point, it just never ends with those people.

But that is the least of our problems.

If this takes root and there is just the slightest revenue for the shareholders, the next beth game will be launched with some sort of locked files only accessible through an approved version of the creation kit, and only on bethnet. When that is done beth will most likely unleash the lawyers on sites like loverslab and nexus.

We ARE gonna get screwed over,some way or another, that is what logic dictates in a world where water is bottled and sold.

Edited by Arneercool