So the Creation Club just launched...

Deleted631007User

next step is bethesda games, even solo player games ie skyrim FO4, will only run in online while having a bethesda account running. so they can ban people who use mods from 3rd party platforms like nexus here. unfortunatly this have already happened for other game producers. they could legally claim their monopol for modding their games.

I dont think they can do that. They would risk MASSIVE playerbase loss. After reception like this one, I dont think that would happen. Bethesda understands that modders are the ONLY reason skyrim and fallout games are still alive and selling copies. They would be mad to try that.

That player loss would be only on PC, and they couldn't care less about that. Sure, right now they need the PC users to make mods for their XBoner customers, but the CCrap might be the first step to get rid of that, too.

Their next game will probably no longer come with a free editor. You will have to buy an SDK license, like for iOS, and the mods will only be available on the CC. The game after that will then be console only.

Thats bullshit, amount of money they would lose is astronomical, they will never do that. This is just another failed attempt to make a little bit of money where they can. It wont fly tho. How many players will buy a 5 dollar recolor, or something along those lines. I can tell you, not that many.

• Replies 153
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Modders i know its tempting but i Urge you not to buy into this crap, i get that we all dont donate enough money, i actually did a bit of donating to Modders in protest of this crappy system. If you dont buy into the creation club they'll have nothing to sell

Bethesda's content for the Fallout series hasn't been getting any better for the last 8 years and they pull this. They're not even going to try to hide their own obvious attempt to milk the community. It's so damn blatant that it's disgusting.

My hope is CC will not kill the modding community by incentivizing modders to contract with Bethesda (or other developers / publishers) to produce a micro-transaction economy like CSGO, TF2...when you monetize the passion to create, everyone loses. Support your favorite modders today. Our loyalty to them will hopefully keep them out of the hands of these corporations. We love all of you who sacrifice your time and resources to enrich our gaming experience.

Modders i know its tempting but i Urge you not to buy into this crap, i get that we all dont donate enough money, i actually did a bit of donating to Modders in protest of this crappy system. If you dont buy into the creation club they'll have nothing to sell

Maybe we should start donating more to show that we actually care?

The donation system is fine as it is now,but, and i am not familiar with the internal workings of it, but i would appreciate an Premium account option a few bananas pricier, that somehow gave some of those bananas to the top 100 and monthly/weekly hotfiles authors. All optional of cause. A complete reset of the endorsement system would be necessary, and i can see how top 100 authors would choke on that, because they would actually need to earn this and not just be the first to the buffet.

Maybe we should start donating more to show that we actually care?

The donation system is fine as it is now,but, and i am not familiar with the internal workings of it, but i would appreciate an Premium account option a few bananas pricier, that somehow gave some of those bananas to the top 100 and monthly/weekly hotfiles authors. All optional of cause. A complete reset of the endorsement system would be necessary, and i can see how top 100 authors would choke on that, because they would actually need to earn this and not just be the first to the buffet.

That really wouldn't do anything. There are modders with patreons that make them quiet a bit already, and they're still signed onto the Creation Club. Not going to name anyone in particular, of course.

Paid mods?

I don't know... I was expecting something more exquisit somehow. Something out of the ordinary. But so far I haven't seen anything I'd like to buy. The story doesn't get any better either with the mods they're offering.

I think Bethesda is trying to take over the mod community. The reason is a bit obscure, but I can imagine they want to remain one of the biggest game producers in the world. Integrating modders in this way would secure Bethesda a lot of ressources to draw from when they need them. At the same time they pull the activities closer to them selves and the games.

I find the mods on Nexus ten times more interesting though. Nexus even have adult related mods. I doubt we will see the open chest vault suit for sale in the Creation Club...

I was one of the people cheering for the Creation Club.

It's garbage. It is poorly thought out, poorly executed, and some assistant producer needs to be slapped. The project had potential, but what has been offered and the pricing are so ridiculous as to be insulting. This is like EA level of crap on your fan base.

I have disappoint.

Personally, I think this is going to go the way of the last paid mod fiasco, there's gonna be community backlash, not going to earn nearly as much revenue as they would have hoped (not sure about the console crowd though, although I do know the free chinese stealth suit was already on the consoles, so there's that), and its just going to fade into the corner as a failure. I doubt Bethesda is suicidal enough to encroach on the nexus or other free mod sites, after all, we are what kept skyrim on the popular games list for over half a decade. I think the biggest issue brought upon by this is the update that made f4se incompatible, but fixes are already out, and an update to that will probably be around soon enough.