[WIPz] Skyrim Script Extender (SKSE64)

ianpatt

Ok I'm pretty new to the modding scene so don't tear me a new butthole if i say something stupid. My game crashes immediately before the bethesda logo when i launch with skse64. Normal launch works just fine however. Last version of skse worked great, and now my game wont even start up completely. Any help?? I have already validated game files, and im doing a fresh install now to see if that works. I'll update if I figure anything out.

EDIT:

Ok so ive uninstalled every single mod that i have, and now skse launches fine. Does one of my mods need to be updated for the new skse or...? Sorry if these are stupid questions, im just trying to figure s*** out at this point.

Anything that has an skse plugin dll will need an update. Things like racemenu, ece, fisses, jcontainers, fuz ro d'oh....

Anything that depends on mods like these will also not work until they've been updated.

If everything hasn't been updated that you use, roll back to sse 1.5.23 / skse64 2.0.6. I believe there's instructions on how to do so earlier in this thread if you need it, or just google it :)

As for the questions on skse64 stability, it has been extremely stable for me even during alpha, and is now out of alpha with 2.0.7.

• 3 months later...
  • Replies 351
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have checked the SKSE site for a new SKSE64 version, but so far nothing new and only the SKSE64 VR version seems relative new.

Also, this Summer has been very hot and I understand if anyone wants to take a break from modding, but this bug has started to annoy me a bit lately. Could at least that bug be fixed? :smile:

Edited by leonardo2

I have checked the SKSE site for a new SKSE64 version, but so far nothing new and only the SKSE64 VR version seems relative new.

Also, this Summer has been very hot and I understand if anyone wants to take a break from modding, but this bug has started to annoy me a bit lately. Could at least that bug be fixed? :smile:

https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/17230

You may come across mods that don't work, I guess. I've been using it for many months now and it's very stable. There may be some that don't - I'd suggest checking each mod for any red-flag discussion talking about it not working correctly (I *think* one I can recall is Wet And Cold, had some issues? but might not have necessarily been SKSE related).

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks for the link, but no thanks.

Personally, I prefer a fixed SKSE64 rather than using another mod just to fix a bug in SKSE64.

Â

Â

Also, this Summer has been very hot and I understand if anyone wants to take a break from modding, but this bug has started to annoy me a bit lately. Could at least that bug be fixed? :smile:

Thanks for the link, but no thanks.

Â

Personally, I prefer a fixed SKSE64 rather than using another mod just to fix a bug in SKSE64.

You should be using SSE Engine Fixes anyway, it does a lot more than fix that specific bug. It also improves your frame rate and fixes different bugs. It seriously won't do you any harm.