New Nexus Mods design launched

Dark0ne

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

When I first saw the new design a few days ago my instinct was to dislike it since most people and I have to deal with website redesigns a lot, particularly from YouTube, and it's a pain to figure out how to work the new layout. I wasn't happy with it at first, went to work, came back home and actually used the redesign for a while and now I like it a lot.

I like that I can save other sections of the Nexus and go to an other game quickly instead of having to go to Bookmarks, scrolling through that, and finding the link. The bigger images are helpful, too, and I quickly figured out how to use the new layout and everything with it. So, kudos for the work and thanks.

A side note, some people mentioned before that they liked the term Hot Files instead of Trendy and I agree with them on that. Trendy is just an annoying term to me.

In response to post #54702473. #54702578, #54723533, #54723878, #54726463 are all replies on the same post.

Cha0sC0re wrote: Maybe I'm just too used to the old design, but I just can't use the new layout, looks "off" to me.
Is there a reason we can't just keep the option of changing between the new and old designs?
CNR4806 wrote: Maintaining the functionality of two very different web designs sharing the same content is very costly and inefficient.

There can only be one.
slash197 wrote: Hopefully the original design (and NAME, holy hell) will decapitate the new one and absorb its resources, then.
Zaldiir wrote: The new design is here to stay, so if I were you, I would try using it as much as possible now (i.e, don't hold on to the old one), so that you get used to it. Once you do get used to it, believe me, you're going to love it so much more than you liked the old design.

And what about the name? It stays the same.
Xhelius wrote: Well, that's unfortunate. Cannot stand the new version.

Unfortunatelly I know I will be forced to use the new layout. But I really hope the you (page owners) fix the size of the videos on mod description, to make possible to put 2 videos in the same "line"..... Edited by phoenixfabricio

A side note, some people mentioned before that they liked the term Hot Files instead of Trendy and I agree with them on that. Trendy is just an annoying term to me.

It also reeks of "pander to the social media crowd". I'm abandoning ship because every site I've seen do this in the past five years invariably went straight down the tubes afterwards.

I feel the administration is not coming clean as to why this obviously mobile-pandering design is being forced on a demographic entirely of PC users. I'd like an answer to this question; "Are you doing this because sponsors or search engines twisted your arm?"

Edited by LenKagetsu

Big fan of Nexus but not a fan of the new design at all.

It is not intuitive at all, if anything it is anti-intuitive.

I get it might be better on a phone but who downloads mods with their phone?!

Please have the option to keep the old design.

In response to post #54731743.

LenKagetsu wrote:

It also reeks of "pander to the social media crowd". I'm abandoning ship because every site I've seen do this in the past five years invariably went straight down the tubes afterwards.

I feel the administration is not coming clean as to why this obviously mobile-pandering design is being forced on a demographic entirely of PC users. I'd like an answer to this question; "Are you doing this because sponsors or search engines twisted your arm?"

maybe because more and more people are looking for mods on other sites other than the nexus and they thought this would win back those users? People just want a download link to the mods and don't care so much how cool the website looks

People don't like change. And it shows right here. (And are simply mean too, I can't believe what I just read in the comments. It's not even constructive.)

Keep up the good work. This newest design/UI *is* the way to go. It's refreshing, easier to navigate and feels like a modern platform.

Love the news for Vortex. I can't wait to see how it'll be like! (:

Edited by AliasNick

In response to post #54732143.

AliasNick wrote: People don't like change. And it shows right here. (And are simply mean too, I can't believe what I just read in the comments. It's not even constructive.)

Keep up the good work. This newest design/UI *is* the way to go. It's refreshing, easier to navigate and feels like a modern platform.

Love the news for Vortex. I can't wait to see how it'll be like! (:

if people on this site weren't open to change then they would be playing the vanilla games rather than modded games.. just saying.. Edited by Ashes2Asherz

maybe because more and more people are looking for mods on other sites other than the nexus and they thought this would win back those users? People just want a download link to the mods and don't care so much how cool the website looks

Yeah, from all those other sites with 13+ million members (an over 30% increase in the past year) and over 237,000 files for over 470 games.

People are just flocking to them.