New Nexus Mods design launched

Dark0ne

It would have been nice if all the old links carried over. All the mod page links I bookmarked no longer work and now I have to manually search for them again.

And, to top it off. Mods just wont download via the manager anymore. I really don't like how this is rolling out.

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

In response to post #54681838.

HentaiGnome wrote: I rarely post comments but I feel like I have to chime in to counter all the hate that's going around right now. Good job, Nexus team. Thanks for maintaining this site as a go-to hub for modders and fans. Remember that the path to progress is moving forward, not backwards and holding onto old ways. Don't listen to the haters; given enough time, everyone will get used to the new layout and all the bitching and moaning will end.

You know what I actually "hate?"

The fact that these days, especially on the Internet, any criticism, even constructive criticism, is described as "hate."
There are some very legitimate issues with the new design, and there is really nothing wrong with people articulating their concerns.
Moreover, "progress" and "new ways" are not necessarily "good" in any given context.
Edited by Sonja

It's a good design for a completely mobile version of the site.

Info pop-ups should be reintroduced when hovering over thumbnails for the small descriptions.

Or at least add a "..." button to expand the small description that are below the thumbnails.

Because already some mod descriptions get cut off in the thumbnail.

I get that flat UI/UX designs are 'trendy' but it just kinda takes away from the visuals of the website, imo. Makes it a lot duller in general.

Ignore the pure negative comments dev team, this new layout looks slick and is intuitive to boot. Handles well and is a vast improvement upon the old design. That being said, it would be worth reading over some of the more critical comments, the deeper critique is worth noting. Lotta whining babies commenting on here.

The mod manager no longer downloads mods, when activating a download on the new site, it goes into the mod manager and an error message is displayed where the mod name would be, and the download status is incomplete. This is the same for every mod I try. My launcher is 0/63.14 and I'm downloading from the fallout 4 page, to nexus. I could download perfectly fine just yesterday, on the old site.

In response to post #54682203.

oscardaguy wrote: Ignore the pure negative comments dev team, this new layout looks slick and is intuitive to boot. Handles well and is a vast improvement upon the old design. That being said, it would be worth reading over some of the more critical comments, the deeper critique is worth noting. Lotta whining babies commenting on here.

It's hardly intuitive. Right now it's a step back from the old design.

The mod manager no longer downloads mods, when activating a download on the new site, it goes into the mod manager and an error message is displayed where the mod name would be, and the download status is incomplete. This is the same for every mod I try. My launcher is 0/63.14 and I'm downloading from the fallout 4 page, to nexus. I could download perfectly fine just yesterday, on the old site.

Can confirm, this is happening to me as well.

In response to post #54682118.

baruch88 wrote: It would have been nice if all the old links carried over. All the mod page links I bookmarked no longer work and now I have to manually search for them again.

And, to top it off. Mods just wont download via the manager anymore. I really don't like how this is rolling out.

The old links will carry over. The reason they're not working with the new site at the moment is because they had to use a different web address to have both the new and old sites up at the same time.