New Nexus Mods design launched

Dark0ne

In response to post #54700358. #54700433, #54701393 are all replies on the same post.

JimBourneSmith wrote: HI, great work and modern looking, but just a few thoughts.Thousands of YouTube mod review and tutorial videos have links in the description to mods that will bring to the modders page using the old domain links i.e nexusmods.com/link to mod. This new site currently has a domain name rd.nexusmods.com/link to mod. I suspect RD stands for redone The existing YouTube links will of course link to the old design URL not the new. So, should YouTube folks put a link to both sites in YouTube descriptions meantime, or will the old site be discontinued in future and the old links match the current links in thousands of YouTube descriptions. I am assuming the domain for the new design will revert back to nexusmods.com when everything is finalised, and domain links to mods will match the previous URLs.

cheers and kudos to this new design, well done.

Jim McCambridge
Dark0ne wrote: RD will soon be moved to nexusmods.com. As such, people should NOT link to rd.nexusmods.com on a permanent basis.
JimBourneSmith wrote: ok thanks..:)

So existing mod link Urls will match, great news

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

In response to post #54698908. #54700933, #54701158, #54701738 are all replies on the same post.

Rigmor wrote: Loving the new sleek design, already changed over fully to accommodate the new site. However...ONE THING
change the word "Trending" back to "Hot Files" this isn't youtube, it's the Nexus.

"Trending mods" is so bland and cheesy. It has to be HOT FILES ;)

(bows to audience)
abc123guy wrote: Well the entire design is trendy. Like every website is starting to copy eachother.
EnderDragonFire wrote: I concur, although its a minor and cosmetic thing.
Hexrowe wrote: HOT MODS, you mean. The borderline pun is a bonus! :)

But yeah, I hate the word "trending". It tastes of focus groups and target demographics, and always makes me feel like I'm talking to an inbred marketing department.

I thought you were joking at first, but I wholeheartedly agree.

Hot Files is a wonderfully unique thing to Nexusmods and/or a few other modding sites.

It is worth so much more to me to keep the identity of a site rather than looking "trendy" to the general public. It's what makes a site for enthusiasts truly theirs.

In response to post #54701433. #54702813, #54702858 are all replies on the same post.

srckidd wrote: I turn 62 in Dec. I like the new look & layout. Right now I have 4 links to the Nexus for the 4 games I play(3 Fallouts & Skyrim), now I only need 1. It took me about 5 mins to figure it all out. So all I can say is; "Maybe it's true what they say about public school". I love mods, therefore I love Nexus. long live modders.
JimBourneSmith wrote: You are just a boy, I am 67..smiles
printerkop wrote: you're an old farth, i'm 51.. ;)

Hey as Rabbie Burns said, wherever you be let your wind go free..:)

I assume you meant old fart Edited by Guest

In response to post #54700723.

Genin32 wrote: Here are some of my suggestions: https://imgur.com/a/PvRw4

The reason why the old design was so good was because it was compact and comfortable to use. This new design has a lot of crucial areas empty, instead placing information all round. This causes the user to scroll around and search for something that's supposed to be in one place.

Tags should be moved over to a new tab.

"About this mod" section should be removed from main description as it's just a short version of the full description. It should only show up in mod preview.

Share button should be moved over to the front header.

I wish there was a way to rank my approval of a comment but I suppose this reply must suffice.

I am in the same boat regarding the new design. It's just too "busy" and the words over content approach contradicts the entire point of having screenshots for mods. The preview screenshots are even crushed into an aspect ratio that leaves them distorted and more or less useless to use at a glance.

I am also at a loss as to why you decided to put all of the mod sections ( Description, Images, Posts, Changes, etc..) into a dropdown menu so that navigating to them is an even more difficult affair.

This new design may be "efficient" to use but it is rather painful as well.

I honestly love the new design! Can't wait for it to become permanent. Even though I have used this site for years, I still find it much easier to navigate and a lot more fun to look at at any rate.

Great work! :)

In response to post #54698908. #54700933, #54701158, #54701738, #54702993 are all replies on the same post.

Rigmor wrote: Loving the new sleek design, already changed over fully to accommodate the new site. However...ONE THING
change the word "Trending" back to "Hot Files" this isn't youtube, it's the Nexus.

"Trending mods" is so bland and cheesy. It has to be HOT FILES ;)

(bows to audience)
abc123guy wrote: Well the entire design is trendy. Like every website is starting to copy eachother.
EnderDragonFire wrote: I concur, although its a minor and cosmetic thing.
Hexrowe wrote: HOT MODS, you mean. The borderline pun is a bonus! :)

But yeah, I hate the word "trending". It tastes of focus groups and target demographics, and always makes me feel like I'm talking to an inbred marketing department.
Makron8 wrote: I thought you were joking at first, but I wholeheartedly agree.

Hot Files is a wonderfully unique thing to Nexusmods and/or a few other modding sites.

It is worth so much more to me to keep the identity of a site rather than looking "trendy" to the general public. It's what makes a site for enthusiasts truly theirs.

Hot? nagh, I am hot, you are hot, make it "Red-Hot "..:) Edited by Guest

I can see merits of this 'modern' 'sleek' 'corporatebullshit' design, but its a bit worse in terms of functionality. As far as i see i can't mouse over a frontpaged file to see its short desription, and there is kinda too much wasted blank space in the design.

Overall with a little polish to avoid wasting space and having all the functionalities of the previous version (or even more, but never downgrade) i can get behind it.

My only real issue with the re-design so far is that it completely broke the mod manager and all files have to be downloaded and installed manually now until they fix the download with manager system :( everything else seems fine, it looks cooler and more organized somehow now. Edited by LordDracul

In response to post #54701433. #54702813, #54702858, #54703063 are all replies on the same post.

srckidd wrote: I turn 62 in Dec. I like the new look & layout. Right now I have 4 links to the Nexus for the 4 games I play(3 Fallouts & Skyrim), now I only need 1. It took me about 5 mins to figure it all out. So all I can say is; "Maybe it's true what they say about public school". I love mods, therefore I love Nexus. long live modders.
JimBourneSmith wrote: You are just a boy, I am 67..smiles
printerkop wrote: you're an old farth, i'm 51.. ;)
JimBourneSmith wrote: Hey as Rabbie Burns said, wherever you be let your wind go free..:)

I assume you meant old fart

well kids you can stop arguing cuz I am 72 and for my part there good and bad points to the changes. It is slower to load, both initially and page to page on the other hand the visuals are better. Unless they paid you a lot of money to do it there is no reason I should have to look at advertisements first before I can get to the mods, move the ads to the bottom or the side. Actually unless there are behind the pages improvements that are unknown to us, from a users perspective it seems to be a wash. I never had a problem with the old version and you could probably have done a better job of using the talent you have on more important issues.