New Nexus Mods design launched

Dark0ne

In response to post #54700838.

printerkop wrote: OK, new layout worked today, it's too flashy for my taste, i've spend an hour on the new layout and i was tired of tons of pictures, it kinda tires me a lot more then the old layout, so i switched back.
Sure hope you guys keep that available in the future, much easier on the eyes, easier to find stuff rightaway, i'm sure that will even hold up after one gets used to the new layout.

Don't get me wrong, the new layout looks good, modernized, but all those pics and hundreds of colors and a lot of small descriptions on the screen at once is just very distracting, that's actually becoming a trend on the internet, to shove as much links into a page as they can.

That's what I was saying. I guess one can get used to it, but the old design is just fine, as far as usability, simplicity, and overall visual.

Everything has to be trendy and hip at some point. lol

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

In response to post #54700358. #54700433 is also a reply to the same post.

JimBourneSmith wrote: HI, great work and modern looking, but just a few thoughts.Thousands of YouTube mod review and tututorial videos have links in the description to mods that will bring to the modders page using the old domain links i.e nexusmods.com/link to mod. This new site currently has a domain name rd.nexusmods.com/link to mod. I suspect RD stands for redone The existing YouTube links will of course link to the old design URL not the new. So, should YouTube folks put a link to both sites in YouTube descriptions meantime, or will the old site be discontinued in future and the old links match the current links in thousands of YouTube descriptions. I am assuming the domain for the new design will revert back to nexusmods.com when everything is finalised, and domain links to mods will match the previous URLs.

cheers and kudos to this new design, well done.

Jim McCambridge
Dark0ne wrote: RD will soon be moved to nexusmods.com. As such, people should NOT link to rd.nexusmods.com on a permanent basis.

ok thanks..:)

I turn 62 in Dec. I like the new look & layout. Right now I have 4 links to the Nexus for the 4 games I play(3 Fallouts & Skyrim), now I only need 1. It took me about 5 mins to figure it all out. So all I can say is; "Maybe it's true what they say about public school". I love mods, therefore I love Nexus. long live modders.

In response to post #54698908. #54700933, #54701158 are all replies on the same post.

Rigmor wrote: Loving the new sleek design, already changed over fully to accommodate the new site. However...ONE THING
change the word "Trending" back to "Hot Files" this isn't youtube, it's the Nexus.

"Trending mods" is so bland and cheesy. It has to be HOT FILES ;)

(bows to audience)
abc123guy wrote: Well the entire design is trendy. Like every website is starting to copy eachother.
EnderDragonFire wrote: I concur, although its a minor and cosmetic thing.

HOT MODS, you mean. The borderline pun is a bonus! :)

But yeah, I hate the word "trending". It tastes of focus groups and target demographics, and always makes me feel like I'm talking to an inbred marketing department.

Love the new site design guys, its quite different from the old one but to my mind, for the better. I study Creative Computing myself and find the sites new Bootstrap-esque layout to be rather inspiring, and I can see how much work clearly went into it, plus the benefit of being able to add and remove functionality with less hassle is great on the back end. Here's hoping people will learn to live with the change and, perhaps, even come to prefer it. Kudos Nexus team! Looking forward to seeing what happens with Vortex :)

In response to post #54702473.

Cha0sC0re wrote: Maybe I'm just too used to the old design, but I just can't use the new layout, looks "off" to me.
Is there a reason we can't just keep the option of changing between the new and old designs?

Maintaining the functionality of two very different web designs sharing the same content is very costly and inefficient.

There can only be one.

In response to post #54701433.

srckidd wrote: I turn 62 in Dec. I like the new look & layout. Right now I have 4 links to the Nexus for the 4 games I play(3 Fallouts & Skyrim), now I only need 1. It took me about 5 mins to figure it all out. So all I can say is; "Maybe it's true what they say about public school". I love mods, therefore I love Nexus. long live modders.

You are just a boy, I am 67..smiles

In response to post #54701433. #54702813 is also a reply to the same post.

srckidd wrote: I turn 62 in Dec. I like the new look & layout. Right now I have 4 links to the Nexus for the 4 games I play(3 Fallouts & Skyrim), now I only need 1. It took me about 5 mins to figure it all out. So all I can say is; "Maybe it's true what they say about public school". I love mods, therefore I love Nexus. long live modders.
JimBourneSmith wrote: You are just a boy, I am 67..smiles

you're an old farth, i'm 51.. ;) Edited by Guest