New Nexus Mods design launched

Dark0ne

In response to post #54702473. #54702578 is also a reply to the same post.

Cha0sC0re wrote: Maybe I'm just too used to the old design, but I just can't use the new layout, looks "off" to me.
Is there a reason we can't just keep the option of changing between the new and old designs?
CNR4806 wrote: Maintaining the functionality of two very different web designs sharing the same content is very costly and inefficient.

There can only be one.

Hopefully the original design (and NAME, holy hell) will decapitate the new one and absorb its resources, then.

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

In response to post #54702473. #54702578, #54723533 are all replies on the same post.

Cha0sC0re wrote: Maybe I'm just too used to the old design, but I just can't use the new layout, looks "off" to me.
Is there a reason we can't just keep the option of changing between the new and old designs?
CNR4806 wrote: Maintaining the functionality of two very different web designs sharing the same content is very costly and inefficient.

There can only be one.
slash197 wrote: Hopefully the original design (and NAME, holy hell) will decapitate the new one and absorb its resources, then.

The new design is here to stay, so if I were you, I would try using it as much as possible now (i.e, don't hold on to the old one), so that you get used to it. Once you do get used to it, believe me, you're going to love it so much more than you liked the old design.

And what about the name? It stays the same.

In response to post #54721518.

CoBE10 wrote: Just need to redesign NMM .

agreed most definitely need to change the design of that just to give it a more user friendly layout(not saying it isn't already but yeah) and to just give it a face lift too

After some more time browsing the new site i find that it is not as bad as i first thought, there are some really good changes like (just one example, there are more) the new image viewer , with the options for zoom, full screen, download and especially all the thumbnails at the bottom so you can change images easily, now that is user friendly.

Unfortunately; and this is just my opinion; it was clearly designed for mobile devices first that's why everything is so big, big images, big text and big tiles, yes you get tiles everywhere, even the so called "list" option in search and top files for example is not a list at all just a big horizontal tile. No option for a real "list" no just browse trough 20 big tiles at the time, how exactly is this more user friendly, well it is if you're on mobile sure but a lot less on PC.

I know that this new site is here to stay no matter what, so like many i'll have to get used to it but i just wish they had not made it so mobile centric and had given some more thought and given some more options for how it looks on PC, it is after all a site for PC mods and while people may browse it on mobiles, ultimately (i believe) most of the people browsing the site and ALL the people downloading the mods are on PC.

Edited by skepticck

In response to post #54702473. #54702578, #54723533, #54723878 are all replies on the same post.

There can only be one.
slash197 wrote: Hopefully the original design (and NAME, holy hell) will decapitate the new one and absorb its resources, then.
Zaldiir wrote: The new design is here to stay, so if I were you, I would try using it as much as possible now (i.e, don't hold on to the old one), so that you get used to it. Once you do get used to it, believe me, you're going to love it so much more than you liked the old design.

And what about the name? It stays the same.

Well, that's unfortunate. Cannot stand the new version.