Skyrim SE - Mod Detectives Thread

DoctorKaizeld

Guest deleted183228810

i have over 70 deferent mods for SSE and a few are body and face changers but i only wanted a more revamped version of what they already where. the problem is that one of my mods is screwing up my companion Lydia and im not sure which one it is. what is happening is that the mod is making her face brown wile keeping the rest of her white and its verry annoying. i wouldnt care if it made ALL of her like that, but just her face makes her look weird. any one know what mod i might have installed for that to happen so i can get rid of it? :confused:

Edited by DGHxPhantomx7

Guest deleted183228810

post your mod list. Can't really say much without some basic info.

how do i show my mod list? i haven't been here long and still learning things

Posting your mod list is really not going to do you much good cause it is not obvious from that which mods may overload Lydia. Get SSEEdit , install it and set it up,

Here is my SSEEdit screenshot:

RC6H4cP.jpg

It shows that Lydia's record is defined in Skyrim.esm, and overloaded by Unofficial Skyrim Special Edition Patch, Bijin Warmaidens, and WoSLK, the latter having top priority.

Bijin and WoSLK both affect only the looks, so I can overload without issue, as long as WoSLK files have priority over Bijin.

Once you know which mods overload Lydia, a fix can be worked out.

Posting your mod list is really not going to do you much good

@scorrp10

FWIW, the reason I asked is that I didn't want to potentially play question & answer for days when he or she only has "already 70 mods" installed and at first glance seems to be new to Skyrim. My first guess would have been Bijin or similar NPC enhancer, but I wanted to make sure before I made any conclusion or remediary recommendations.

IMO, and IME, most newbies aren't likely to be savvy (or for that matter, comfortable) with SSEdit or the other offboard utilities, just as I was pretty well intimidated by them when I first started playing.

But yes, SSEdit is one way to get to the solution, in some cases.

I'll bow out now, since you seem to have taken the reigns on this one.

OP, best wishes, you're in good hands

Looking for a mod that allows me to throw my equipped weapon, but also synergizes with Maximum Carnage. Like, I would be able to throw my weapon, 1 or 2 handed as I would a tomahawk and have the gore and mutilation effects of Maximum Carnage activate.

Thank you in Advance!

@MajorFreak - try More Informative Console ( https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/19250 ). Get your PC close enough to the chest, open the console, click on the chest. The display should have the object's RefID, and a display window that tells you what mod last modified the chest. The first few digits in the RefID can tell you which mod in your LO is placing the chest, as well.