Skyrim SE - Mod Detectives Thread

DoctorKaizeld

On 2/3/2024 at 10:38 PM, csbx said:

I'm looking for a mod that allows the player to, either by talking to an npc, or some other mechanism, receive a short and basic description of where a particular place is. 

Imagine being given a quest that does NOT create a map marker, but for which you could acquire a rough description of a direction that would require you to walk the lands and scout a little bit, rather than having a homing beacon on the map that renders the discovery process almost moot. 

What should that description be ? I think it should be relative directions based on the major cities but also other locations you have discovered. E.g. if you're given a quest to go to Cracked Tusk Keep, you would receive the directions: "along the western border of Skyrim, west of Falkreath". If you had discovered Sleeping Tree Camp, the direction to Broken Fang Cave might be "North West of Sleeping Tree camp". In other words, the direction would attempt to find the closest discovered location and then to base simple directions relative to that.

I'm fairly sure such a thing does not exist - but am I wrong ? 

You want to play morrowind ;D

• 2 weeks later...

Hey all!  Longtime Oldrim player, who's been (belatedly) building a mod setup for SE. 

Anyway, is there an SE mod that triggers player and NPC animations like Puppeteer Master did for Oldrim?  I know how to use console codes for much the same thing, but some animations won't trigger that way without extra conditions I'm not always aware of.  Puppeteer Master seemed to just handle most/all of those for me, when so.

Edited by AaronOfMpls
made intro briefer, corrected typo in edit reason

I've seen a mixed bag of posts, throughout the Internet, that show Mjoll as a steward, and others that say Mjoll is not available as a steward.

Is this a bug, and is there a bug fix mod that fixes the Mjoll not able to become a steward problem, or is there a mod that would allow me to make Mjoll into a steward for one of my Hearthfire manors?

Is there a Mod that lets a player set items and orient the items without too much difficulty?  I'd like to set some Dibella statues in some of my player homes, but it's impossible because the game won't let you turn it right side up, nor to turn it to face in a specific direction.

Is there a mod that will help with that kind of thing?