Another Bloodbath in Texas- What the Hell is Going On?!

Fkemman11

https://www.nbcnews.com/storyline/texas-church-shooting/texas-church-shooter-may-have-been-targeting-his-mother-law-n817961

What is it that causes one man or a couple to go haywire and decide to kill as many people- that he/they probably doesn't even know- as they can with bombs or assault rifles? Life craps on EVERYONE to one extent or another. I have seen people live in utter misery and you don't see them wanting to commit mass murder! I know there are always going to be truly sick people out there, but why do they seem to be doing this more and more? This guy in Texas had a HISTORY of violence and should have never been allowed to buy those weapons legally. Is this just the new norm? Is there any way to predict who might be the next mass murderer? I believe in the second amendment. But this has got to stop. No other country in the world has these kinds of incidents as such a frequent occurrence- do they? I just don't get it. In a church for cryin' out loud!

The Air Force didn't report his conviction to the FBI, otherwise, he wouldn't have been able to purchase weapons.

From what I have read..... Some relation of his (grandmother???) or his wifes relation.... attended that church, and was one of the people that was killed. So, apparently, his motivation was getting back at his wife, or some such, and the rest were collateral damage. (being in the wrong place, at the wrong time.)

It DOES seem we are seeing these kinds of incidents MUCH more frequently........ I see it as a sign of our society breaking down at an ever accelerating pace.

FYI he was denied a weapons permit in Texas and bought his rifles in Colorado. If there had not been a legally owned weapon held by the neighbor across the street the death toll would have been higher. Unarmed civilians have another title...deceased victims.

FYI he was denied a weapons permit in Texas and bought his rifles in Colorado. If there had not been a legally owned weapon held by the neighbor across the street the death toll would have been higher. Unarmed civilians have another title...deceased victims.

I'm not advocating tougher gun laws really. I and basically everyone I know have several. All I am trying to figure out is why these nut-jobs do this kind of crap! It's not like he needed more than a pistol for revenge on someone- why gun down a church full of men, women and children that have nothing to do with anything? It doesn't make a bit of sense! Aside from "tougher" gun laws that do not seem to deter any extreme homicidal sociopath, what could be done to help prevent this kind of thing in the future? Maybe grant more money to individual county and city police districts and start posting police at every public place? What good is having the best military in the world if our homeland is falling apart at the seams?

I'm not advocating tougher gun laws really. I and basically everyone I know have several. All I am trying to figure out is why these nut-jobs do this kind of crap! It's not like he needed more than a pistol for revenge on someone- why gun down a church full of men, women and children that have nothing to do with anything? It doesn't make a bit of sense! Aside from "tougher" gun laws that do not seem to deter any extreme homicidal sociopath, what could be done to help prevent this kind of thing in the future?

I think that the real answer as to why people do horrific things is that there is such a thing as evil. He was a coward who only could gun down unarmed people but fled once he was on the receiving end. I frankly cannot wrap my head around the mind set that makes killing innocents OK . It should be pointed out if the AF had reported to the national database his egregious domestic abuse that lead to his dishonorable discharge he might not have been able to buy a gun legally anywhere.

One correction: he manged one of his purchases in Texas. Mea Culpa..I should have checked the accuracy of my facts before posting. :facepalm:

I'm not advocating tougher gun laws really. I and basically everyone I know have several. All I am trying to figure out is why these nut-jobs do this kind of crap! It's not like he needed more than a pistol for revenge on someone- why gun down a church full of men, women and children that have nothing to do with anything? It doesn't make a bit of sense! Aside from "tougher" gun laws that do not seem to deter any extreme homicidal sociopath, what could be done to help prevent this kind of thing in the future?

I think that the real answer as to why people do horrific things is that there is such a thing as evil. He was a coward who only could gun down unarmed people but fled once he was on the receiving end. I frankly cannot wrap my head around the mind set that makes killing innocents OK . It should be pointed out if the AF had reported to the national database his egregious domestic abuse that lead to his dishonorable discharge he might not have been able to buy a gun legally anywhere.

One correction: he manged one of his purchases in Texas. Mea Culpa..I should have checked the accuracy of my facts before posting. :facepalm:

That may all well be the case.... but, why is evil becoming so prevalent in todays society? At least this guy had the decency to get dead, instead of costing us millions more in court and incarceration costs....... and we don't have to hear about his 'traumatic' childhood that brought him to this act...... (and hence, shouldn't get the death penalty.....)

I think we have just become far to permissive.......

I think that the real answer as to why people do horrific things is that there is such a thing as evil.

I'm not advocating tougher gun laws really. I and basically everyone I know have several. All I am trying to figure out is why these nut-jobs do this kind of crap! It's not like he needed more than a pistol for revenge on someone- why gun down a church full of men, women and children that have nothing to do with anything? It doesn't make a bit of sense! Aside from "tougher" gun laws that do not seem to deter any extreme homicidal sociopath, what could be done to help prevent this kind of thing in the future? Maybe grant more money to individual county and city police districts and start posting police at every public place? What good is having the best military in the world if our homeland is falling apart at the seams?

He was a coward who only could gun down unarmed people but fled once he was on the receiving end. I frankly cannot wrap my head around the mind set that makes killing innocents OK . It should be pointed out if the AF had reported to the national database his egregious domestic abuse that lead to his dishonorable discharge he might not have been able to buy a gun legally anywhere.

Our two choices as a country are a free society or a secure one. The two are mutually exclusive, always and in every case, regardless of what our elected reps or anybody else might claim. Chuck Schumer's answer to 911 was to permanently eliminate the right of all Americans to carry knives on commercial airplanes. Yet another win for the terrorists courtesy of Mr. Schumer's abject stupidity. Unwitting or not he is a tool of our enemies, his actions are the precise eventual goal of terrorist attack. Here in my state a majority of voters last November decided to force residents to get "authorization" from the feds before we're legally allowed to defend ourselves and our families. If a purer example of fascism exists anywhere in our country I'm unaware of it.

My own theory, or at least it's the only way I can rationalize attacks on innocent people other than to just pawn it off to mental illness, is that we might have a Manchurian candidate problem. If people are being set off like human timebombs specifically to attack and eventually eliminate our Second Amendment rights, the scam sure worked like a charm here in CA not long ago.

Edited by TheMastersSon

The only thing that would have saved those poor parishioners would have been someone else with a legal weapon in the church, but who in God's name brings a gun to pray? Unfortunately they made perfect victims, unarmed in a confined space with the only avenue of retreat blocked.

Would a larger budget for each state's law enforcement agencies make much of a difference? I know that in several large cities in the south for instance that homicide detectives are virtually overwhelmed with case-loads. Hence, by the time a real investigation is carried out- the trail of evidence has gone cold. Also the competency of officers in some agencies leaves something to be desired. I mean being a cop now adays ain't what it used to be. Most people avoid the low paying, extremely risky career of law enforcement. By way of comparison, I think fire fighters make overall better salaries than cops do. I know EMS make more. A complete overhaul of state and county agencies seems to be in order with emphasis on more blue uniforms on the street and tougher sentences for violent offenders. Giving up a little more freedom for the sake of more security seems an equal trade if it means tragedies such as this can be stopped.

Would a larger budget for each state's law enforcement agencies make much of a difference? I know that in several large cities in the south for instance that homicide detectives are virtually overwhelmed with case-loads. Hence, by the time a real investigation is carried out- the trail of evidence has gone cold. Also the competency of officers in some agencies leaves something to be desired. I mean being a cop now adays ain't what it used to be. Most people avoid the low paying, extremely risky career of law enforcement. By way of comparison, I think fire fighters make overall better salaries than cops do. I know EMS make more. A complete overhaul of state and county agencies seems to be in order with emphasis on more blue uniforms on the street and tougher sentences for violent offenders. Giving up a little more freedom for the sake of more security seems an equal trade if it means tragedies such as this can be stopped.

Nope. Police REACT to crimes, they do not prevent it.

Always remember, when seconds count, the police are only minutes away.......

The only thing that would have saved those poor parishioners would have been someone else with a legal weapon in the church, but who in God's name brings a gun to pray? Unfortunately they made perfect victims, unarmed in a confined space with the only avenue of retreat blocked.

Whattaya wanna bet some of 'em start carryin' to church.........