Redesign Launch - Stage 2 in progress

Dark0ne

In response to post #55795896.

mikebug wrote:

Screenshot here....

https://imgur.com/itfXnvS

I've tried firefox, Chrome and Edge - all similar

Ah, now I see what you mean... The purple text on the dark grey background is definitely hard to make out, yes. It looks like you still have the brighter purple, so the pages are probably cached, but in any case, it is still hard to read. Not enough contrast. Sorry, the page you linked to to start with, no mods were listed on for me (due to what I am filtering out, no doubt), so I couldn't see the problem with the color of the text mod names. If no one answers about the problem here, I will try to report it on the Github bug page, unless you want to do that.

It seems to be worst for Skyrim SE, from what I have seen looking at other games so far. Edited by Eolhin

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

In response to post #55797831.

mikebug wrote:

Thanks for that - If you are willing to report please go ahead - I've tried CTRL/F5 and control refresh and it makes no difference.....thanks again - I thought I was going crazy....

I reported the bug on the Github page (not being legible counts as a bug in my book), and linked them to your example image. Sometimes a picture speaks a thousand words. :)

In response to post #55752761. #55789136 is also a reply to the same post.

BlueFenix wrote: PLEASE bring back site backgrounds that change with the game, the current one makes it hard to tell at a glance which game it is.
Timmster wrote: Seconded. And they're just plain cool. I expect since it's a soft launch they'll implement that later.

They'll be coming back for sure.

So, my initial reaction was "AHHHH CHANGE!" like most people posting in here, but rather than posting immediately I gave myself time to get used to it and learn what I appreciate and what I dislike.

For the most part, I really think it's a good redesign. It's mostly the same as before, but with a fresh coat of paint. I get that some people are confused by what the point of a redesign was if it's mostly the same but just looks slightly confusing to regular users of the old site who knew exactly where every single button was, but that does also mean they'll adjust fairly quickly at least. Something I really like is the "Hot Files" display, since it now has room for more files than before (always good to get a better snapshot of new popular mods) and I really like how the top two mods get a big display.

The only aspect I particularly don't like is the "News and Updates" section at the bottom of the front page. It makes the front page far too long, and will no doubt contribute to people feeling the site is cluttered. Even more confusing is there's an "Updates" tab on the top bar which isn't clickable like all the other tabs are. I'd change that top tab to read "News and Updates", make it clickable, and move the News section from the main page over there to its own dedicated tab. That's no more out of the way than it currently is (being right at the bottom of the main page) and frees up the main page a lot. I'd then improve the "Media" section on the front page to mirror the Mods section above it, so that it has a "Top Images" highlight section identical in layout to the "Hot Mods" section. That would help break up the page from being a long stream of small image boxes all the way down regardless of subheading, as it is now, and would also make great screenshots more rewarding.

But mostly, good job and thanks :happy:

Edited by Darkstorne

In response to post #55666786.

etayorius wrote:

I can't stand the new design, to make things worst i CAN'T uplodad updates to any of my mods, i keep getting a "Error, can't find the uploaded File" every time it finish uploading my updates, DRIVING ME CRAZY!!!!

Me too !
The old site doesn't seem to upload anything now and the new one uploads but then gives this error message when I try to save it.

I did upload one the other day so maybe it's inconsistent ?
Pretty sure I read about this problem from other users as well.

In response to post #55666786.

etayorius wrote:

I can't stand the new design, to make things worst i CAN'T uplodad updates to any of my mods, i keep getting a "Error, can't find the uploaded File" every time it finish uploading my updates, DRIVING ME CRAZY!!!!

Me too !

The old site doesn't seem to upload anything now and the new one uploads but then gives this error message when I try to save it.

I did upload one the other day so maybe it's inconsistent ?

Pretty sure I read about this problem from other users as well.

I had some issues uploading some files, but got it to work by using the old site (which...I use anyway), and then selecting the old uploader. Admittedly, I only uploaded a few 1kb files, but might work fine for larger ones.

Nobody asked for it. Nobody wanted it. Here it is and it's not a huge leap forward, especially in terms of the search functions, which are restrictive and need work. It's easy to forget how much work goes in, and some feedback (mine included) was unnecessarily harsh. It's a bit of a shame it couldn't have been rolled out via some form of feedback or vote on features and options before the rollout happened, but it's still Nexus, and we love it, warts and all!

I do not know, maybe there is a focus groups or usability tests behind this innovations. Maybe some deep UX-analysis. Maybe there is some technical or bussiness issues solved by this redesign.

I've really tried to accept the new interface, but this is a really frustrating expirience. Something well-learned and well-working was remade for no obvious reason, and now you need to make efforts to accomplish basic actions.

Maybe there is a way just ... to use fully fucntional old version somehow?

I re-bookmarked the vesrion with '' old '' - prefix, but now all links leads to new version pages (like the ones in mods descriptions do).

I understand that this was a hard work. Sorry.

Edited by orekhovoux