PC Modding Race Giveaway! We have tons of games and gear to give away from GOG.com, CORSAIR, and MSI!

TerrorFox1234

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This website is one of my Top 5 Websites online. The contest looks awesome, but I just do not use Reddit unless it is to read-so I do not have an official account. Not very fond of the website and my reading there is limited to YouTube topics. Goodluck to all.

I don't use Facebook either o.O

In response to post #55566224. #55566404, #55570214 are all replies on the same post.

A16LET wrote: Why all the negativity in the comments? Congrats on the new design and best of luck to everyone participating in the contest!
Skauldomir wrote: Because people like to complain.
TheLoreSeeker wrote: Paranoia and complaining about nonsense are part of the human condition.

Considering your profile picture and the number of your posts i can imagine why you are so "positive".

Gotta agree there. I had an Asus, Lenovo, and HP laptop all break on me within a month of buying them. Never left the living room, never dropped. My old MSI from college is still running 7 years later. Guess what my final replacement laptop was? Another MSI.

Corsair... Always loved their memory. I have one of their mechanical keyboards. Amazing quality. More responsive than most modern keyboards and built as solid as keyboards used to be in the 80s

In response to post #55566224. #55566404, #55570214, #55623791 are all replies on the same post.

A16LET wrote: Why all the negativity in the comments? Congrats on the new design and best of luck to everyone participating in the contest!
Skauldomir wrote: Because people like to complain.
TheLoreSeeker wrote: Paranoia and complaining about nonsense are part of the human condition.
Kenrox wrote: Considering your profile picture and the number of your posts i can imagine why you are so "positive".

Yeah, looks like someone made an alt to post positive comments. 6 years ago. Edited by slippyguy

In response to post #55569459. #55569819, #55576134, #55577769, #55583519, #55606301, #55606851 are all replies on the same post.

mpjbay wrote: I closed my FB/IG accounts a long time ago. The big brother Zuck reign over our privacy is over in my world.
PapaBear627 wrote: AMEN same here!!
skarvika wrote: Yep, I just have throwaway accounts for this kind of stuff now. I still remember forums and dedicated discussion sites. That was true social networking; facebook, instagram etc...it's nothing but self promotion. :)
Ethreon wrote: Amusing. You're on the internet, your data is being used regardless.

That aside, just create throwaway accounts for this kind of situation.
VenomRaven0 wrote: @Skarvika Social media has destroyed networking. So many forums that used to have their own communities with their own discussions have just crumbled in wake of reddit/facebook. Even the ones that still technically exist are a shadow of their former selves.
HomicidalGrouse wrote: Forums weren't killed by Facebook and Instagram, they were killed by Reddit.

People started hating forums because they didn't want to sign up for a completely different forum every time they wanted to discuss something else. Reddit provides a forum-like platform where anyone can make a forum about pretty much anything, and nobody has to sign up for it again. They already have a reddit account, so they can join as many different forums discussing as many different topics as they wish with no extra sign-ups. No weird quirks to figure out from one forum to the next. Everything is largely consistent and you can browse around to as many different things as you want.

These things aren't popular because all the normie CEOs want your info or whatever. They're popular because they're useful and convenient. People dislike them because they put on the rose-tinted glasses and let their nostalgia get the better of them.
Ethreon wrote: Don't forget you can gate your reddit forums behind passwords and only give those to people that prove themselves.
Don't forget also that many websites have forums of their own, which require a goddamn login just to ask one question.

But it's ok for those, they're so small and so alive. kek

Agreed.

Don't bother entering if you have to create a new Reddit account. PCMasterRace will delete your post because your account is too young and you will no longer qualify for the giveaway as a result.

[edit] Found this out the hard way...

Edited by bwcbwc