PC Modding Race Giveaway! We have tons of games and gear to give away from GOG.com, CORSAIR, and MSI!

TerrorFox1234

In response to post #55578779. #55579529, #55591414 are all replies on the same post.

Ladez wrote: Requires accounts at every site except the one we're all using.

http://i0.kym-cdn.com/photos/images/original/001/044/910/716.gif
Heimdall0fAsgard wrote: Im not even entering anyway, its always the same old bullshit.
Tikkidew wrote: +1

I was thinking the same thing. *Hard eye roll*

You'll never ever get something for free.

Its always:
Wanna have something for free? Yes? Give us all you got and you get it for free.

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

In response to post #55578779. #55579529, #55591414, #55603991 are all replies on the same post.

Ladez wrote: Requires accounts at every site except the one we're all using.

http://i0.kym-cdn.com/photos/images/original/001/044/910/716.gif
Heimdall0fAsgard wrote: Im not even entering anyway, its always the same old bullshit.
Tikkidew wrote: +1

I was thinking the same thing. *Hard eye roll*
Zzyxzz wrote: You'll never ever get something for free.

Its always:
Wanna have something for free? Yes? Give us all you got and you get it for free.

Just to clarify, the only requirements for entry is to provide a contact email, your country of residence, your reddit username, and a comment in the reddit thread. The rest of the entry form is optional. No required accounts other than reddit. Edited by SirSalami

In response to post #55563894. #55583534 is also a reply to the same post.

HouseofRuin wrote: I keep forgetting my Reddit user names and or passwords, must be up to like 5 accounts this year already so yeah I'm not about to make another account just to enter something I'm not going to win. Best of luck to those that do though.
VenomRaven0 wrote: You're not alone there. I am on my third reddit account partially for that reason.

That's the main reason I started using a password manager. It got too tiresome to remember which account had which password, and which websites had lost passwords to hackers.

A locally saved encrypted file with a single password to remember, which can then interact with my browser? Why yes, KeePass, I'd like that very much.

In response to post #55575179. #55575419, #55576049, #55586669, #55588074 are all replies on the same post.

deadblood01 wrote: wouldn't this be better if you hosted it on nexusmods and not on redddit? atleast that way a nexus user would have won but now anyone can win even that guy who is not a pc gamer and definitely not here on nexusmods. anyway not entering since its impossible now to win but good luck to those who enter.
Kenrox wrote: I agree.
skarvika wrote: I do agree with this, especially since it was posted on such a huge subreddit. Maybe it would have been better to post onto a dedicated modding subreddit or something. Still entered anyways since there's some cool prizes.
Stiffon wrote: +1
Almost guaranteed to not be a Nexus user!
Banshee721 wrote: Amen.....

We will certainly be doing more events in the future and some will be hosted on our own site. For this one we wanted to put the new design in front of a new audience and PCMR has a massive and active community.

In response to post #55574464. #55574884, #55575239 are all replies on the same post.

SubSonix wrote: How do we enter the competition exactly?
waltersulley wrote: i wanna know too, do we just show up?
aufisch wrote: - You click on the "Head on over, between....." link above (at the very bottom of the OP).
- Once this opened leave a short post in this thread and then click on the blue "go here and press click to enter"-link in the first post.
- On the next page click again on the "click to enter - required" button and log in with your email, and your Reddit-Account username. You will have to verify the account by either login in with your Facebook or Instagram account, OR by using your email again.

Note: You don't need Facebook or Instagram, but you will need a Reddit Account.

It is a bit overly complicated, I admit. But then again it is a "PCMasterRace" competition, so I guess this is your entry-test. :)

Simply leave a comment on the Reddit thread and then enter the contest widget and click the "Click Here to Enter" button, fill out the info, and you're good to go.

In response to post #55569459. #55569819, #55576134, #55577769, #55583519 are all replies on the same post.

mpjbay wrote: I closed my FB/IG accounts a long time ago. The big brother Zuck reign over our privacy is over in my world.
PapaBear627 wrote: AMEN same here!!
skarvika wrote: Yep, I just have throwaway accounts for this kind of stuff now. I still remember forums and dedicated discussion sites. That was true social networking; facebook, instagram etc...it's nothing but self promotion. :)
Ethreon wrote: Amusing. You're on the internet, your data is being used regardless.

That aside, just create throwaway accounts for this kind of situation.
VenomRaven0 wrote: @Skarvika Social media has destroyed networking. So many forums that used to have their own communities with their own discussions have just crumbled in wake of reddit/facebook. Even the ones that still technically exist are a shadow of their former selves.

Forums weren't killed by Facebook and Instagram, they were killed by Reddit.

People started hating forums because they didn't want to sign up for a completely different forum every time they wanted to discuss something else. Reddit provides a forum-like platform where anyone can make a forum about pretty much anything, and nobody has to sign up for it again. They already have a reddit account, so they can join as many different forums discussing as many different topics as they wish with no extra sign-ups. No weird quirks to figure out from one forum to the next. Everything is largely consistent and you can browse around to as many different things as you want.

These things aren't popular because all the normie CEOs want your info or whatever. They're popular because they're useful and convenient. People dislike them because they put on the rose-tinted glasses and let their nostalgia get the better of them.

In response to post #55569459. #55569819, #55576134, #55577769, #55583519, #55606301 are all replies on the same post.

mpjbay wrote: I closed my FB/IG accounts a long time ago. The big brother Zuck reign over our privacy is over in my world.
PapaBear627 wrote: AMEN same here!!
skarvika wrote: Yep, I just have throwaway accounts for this kind of stuff now. I still remember forums and dedicated discussion sites. That was true social networking; facebook, instagram etc...it's nothing but self promotion. :)
Ethreon wrote: Amusing. You're on the internet, your data is being used regardless.

That aside, just create throwaway accounts for this kind of situation.
VenomRaven0 wrote: @Skarvika Social media has destroyed networking. So many forums that used to have their own communities with their own discussions have just crumbled in wake of reddit/facebook. Even the ones that still technically exist are a shadow of their former selves.
HomicidalGrouse wrote: Forums weren't killed by Facebook and Instagram, they were killed by Reddit.

People started hating forums because they didn't want to sign up for a completely different forum every time they wanted to discuss something else. Reddit provides a forum-like platform where anyone can make a forum about pretty much anything, and nobody has to sign up for it again. They already have a reddit account, so they can join as many different forums discussing as many different topics as they wish with no extra sign-ups. No weird quirks to figure out from one forum to the next. Everything is largely consistent and you can browse around to as many different things as you want.

These things aren't popular because all the normie CEOs want your info or whatever. They're popular because they're useful and convenient. People dislike them because they put on the rose-tinted glasses and let their nostalgia get the better of them.

Don't forget you can gate your reddit forums behind passwords and only give those to people that prove themselves.
Don't forget also that many websites have forums of their own, which require a goddamn login just to ask one question.

But it's ok for those, they're so small and so alive. kek

So if I want to enter I have no choice but to register with another website that I have no interest in at all(redit)?!? Well that sucks!

Maybe I'll try again when your competition isn't running a sign-up rally for third party sites.

Disappointed NEXUS!

In response to post #55574464. #55574884, #55575239, #55605881 are all replies on the same post.

SubSonix wrote: How do we enter the competition exactly?
waltersulley wrote: i wanna know too, do we just show up?
aufisch wrote: - You click on the "Head on over, between....." link above (at the very bottom of the OP).
- Once this opened leave a short post in this thread and then click on the blue "go here and press click to enter"-link in the first post.
- On the next page click again on the "click to enter - required" button and log in with your email, and your Reddit-Account username. You will have to verify the account by either login in with your Facebook or Instagram account, OR by using your email again.

Note: You don't need Facebook or Instagram, but you will need a Reddit Account.

It is a bit overly complicated, I admit. But then again it is a "PCMasterRace" competition, so I guess this is your entry-test. :)
TerrorFox1234 wrote: Simply leave a comment on the Reddit thread and then enter the contest widget and click the "Click Here to Enter" button, fill out the info, and you're good to go.

I must be blind, because i do not see any "widget" with "enter here" .Ok i see now, that "first post" was buried for me by sorting Edited by IcemanSR