IS SSE More Stable than LE?

DesertRanger111

Ya, SE is more stable. I have all the graphic enhancement mods (textures, grass, trees, weathers, etc) + ENB, a ton of NPC/creature adding mods (tundra defense, populated legendary, obis, etc), open cities, and a bunch of other heavy hitters including Yash2 and wildcat, SKSE 2.06, tons of new lands and quest mods and I only got one CTD for over 50 hours of play - and I believe it had something to do with switching to too many areas quickly with autosave on. I found and added the mod savehotkey (full save button!) and disabled autosave and now it's that much sweeter. No need to mess around with sheson memory patch, no more workaround lines in the ini files... Time to switch laddies!

Still, for all the mods I run I have a pretty good PC to handle the load so "good and modern PC with good GPU" rule still applies.

I first played an unmodded Oldrim on PC, before i modded it. It was very unstable. Lots of random CTD, or other major game breaking bugs. After i started moding Oldrim, i worked on trying to make it stable. Did all the .ini changes. Crash fix, save cleaner etc... It became a little bit more stable, but still a few random ctd here and there.

After i had about 200 mods, with alot of texture overhauls mostly. Ofc, back than i was a lot more unexperienced with using mods. But i still followed every instruction 100%. And i rarely had any bugs with the mods or ctd caused by the mods.

But the game in general just became so unstable i no longer could play it.

Since i started modding skyrim SE back in march last year. I havent gotten a single CTD caused by to many mods or just simple unstability. I have gotten an odd CTD here and there, but that was mostly my own fault either forgetting to LOOT or installing mods in wrong order. I have even at some times, really tried to stretch it. with overwriting wrong files. trying to force the game to run from SKSE with wrong game version.

So yeah. Skyrim SE is definitely much more stable than oldrim, and much better for modding. Too bad it wasnt this version of the game that was released back in 2011. Cause, we're probably not gonna see the same amount of mods for SE in comparison to LE. Though you can still use alot of mods from LE in SE

10/10

Looking for an opinion, haven't played skyrim for almost 2 years perhaps, looking to start modding again.

What's better to go with SE or Oldrim.

Pro's and Cons of both??

First off, don't start a new topic inside someone else's topic.

Secondly, there's no cons when choosing SSE.

Don't forget that modding evolved over the years as well. Most of the still pimple faced teenagers with their huuuuuuuuuuuuge breasted, mass produced, follower "mods", which were just a template for wet dreams vanished. Also people learned many hard lessons over the years and discovered many things that can be done, despite everybody saying it can't be done.

Given the changes under the hood and also more stable Windows versions it certainly adds more stability. Sure, there are still many things bethesda hasn't touched and thus fixed, but generally SE is a lot more stable than Oldrim. Even out of the box with no mods at all it is more stable. I can now play for hours on end without a single CTD (of course, i also learned over the years and know how to place mods in the right order, patch them, create bashed patches etc.) which also helps a lot.

Just be careful what mods you use. There are also "conversions" out there of already buggy mods, which are now taken over by people who actually have no idea what they are doing at all, let alone that they know anything about modding. But if you take the mods that were already successful on Oldrim, and which are ported by the original author(s) and which also evolved in their modding with the years, you can have a fantastic experience, even if you mod your game heavily.

sometimes it vari, i can play xxx time without a dc, another time the game just stop working in the middle of nowwhere, without any indication wat cause it

no mods(from here) just some body textures and 3 esp's i made myself for better crafting/game play, but overall its way better then oldrim

Im really liking SSE, I like it considerably better than LE

At 187 hours in, it has only crashed on me twice, not counting my own stupid mistakes with incompatible mods

There is one downside, however

Creation Club

Creation Club is a pain in the ass

Because of periodic Creation Club updates SKSE needs to keep updating, mods that require SKSE need to keep updating, and as user you need to keep downloading and installing these new updates, smack in the middle of your playthrough

Its not enough to keep me away from SSE, but its definitely a boner killer

You can easily remove the creation club content from SE. There is a mod here you can download to clean the main menu. And .exe version updates from Bethesda is not a problem either. Its pretty easy to roll back your game version on Steam. So that SKSE can be used untill the next version comes.