Has Bethesda acknowledged how broken Patch 1.5 is yet?

ProjectVRD

Just wondering if there has been any word from the developer on the massive problems caused by the latest patch. With so many CTD's it makes me wonder how much QA it recieved before being launched.

I don't know if they've said anything yet, but I know it was in beta testing for a week or so. I waited to download the patch after hearing all the horror stories. Then I remembered that I'd heard the same after every patch when I experienced no such problems. So yesterday I went ahead and updated.

My game is running better than ever now. Pretty sure the CTDs are caused by mods and tweaks, not the patch. I have maybe 30 mods that I make sure to keep up to date and I haven't installed any mods that really affect game mechanics. I played a while last night with no CTDs or any of the other problems people have mentioned. I haven't tried smithing anything yet to see if that's messed up for me though.

Don't think that Bethesda will admit to the patch being flawed because I'm not sure it is.

I don't know if they've said anything yet, but I know it was in beta testing for a week or so. I waited to download the patch after hearing all the horror stories. Then I remembered that I'd heard the same after every patch when I experienced no such problems. So yesterday I went ahead and updated.

My game is running better than ever now. Pretty sure the CTDs are caused by mods and tweaks, not the patch. I have maybe 30 mods that I make sure to keep up to date and I haven't installed any mods that really affect game mechanics. I played a while last night with no CTDs or any of the other problems people have mentioned. I haven't tried smithing anything yet to see if that's messed up for me though.

Don't think that Bethesda will admit to the patch being flawed because I'm not sure it is.

No problems here with me either, yet. I have done some smithing since the patch, and I have no troubles at all.

Keeping mods up-to-date helps. I also avoid very large mods/gameplay mechanics mods until the patches are officially over.

Smithing isn't messed up on my end either. I have heard, and seen, many nightmares people are having with the smithing and CTD's. However, there is a place where I get constant CTD's; that being Breezehome. And it's due to having Dovahkiin Hideout installed. Every time I enter the Hideout without crashing, I will ALWAYS crash upon leaving back into the home. If I make it back into the house without crashing, then I will crash when I go back in. Same process every time. If I make it out of the house into Whiterun without crashing, then I am sure to have a crash when I go back into the house. But none of this happens with the mod uninstalled, and it only happens with Breeze Home. None of the others.

So, long story short, it's more than likely that there are mods you have that are causing issues with the new patch. And remember; constant updates is sure to be a horror fest when it comes to mods and their incompatibilities with new versions of the game. I am pretty sure a lot of people remember the times with New Vegas, since it was steam only as well. I love the 1.5 patch and I think that it is the best one yet.

"Keeping mods up-to-date helps. I also avoid very large mods/gameplay mechanics mods until the patches are officially over. "

That's what I think is the biggest thing. While they're still updating the game every few weeks I feel like it's dangerous to use mods that affect how the game works. I'll wait a few more months until the updates aren't so constant and the mods themselves have had time to work out any glitches. It's why I've avoided all smithing, magic, alchemy, and combat overhauls. Some of them sound great too and I'd like to try them, but I'm waiting. Same with new dungeons, houses, and the like.

"Keeping mods up-to-date helps. I also avoid very large mods/gameplay mechanics mods until the patches are officially over. "

That's what I think is the biggest thing. While they're still updating the game every few weeks I feel like it's dangerous to use mods that affect how the game works. I'll wait a few more months until the updates aren't so constant and the mods themselves have had time to work out any glitches. It's why I've avoided all smithing, magic, alchemy, and combat overhauls. Some of them sound great too and I'd like to try them, but I'm waiting. Same with new dungeons, houses, and the like.

Very true. Most of the mods I have installed are weapons/Armor modifications like Jaysus Swords and so on. I only have one overhaul installed and it is the biggest mod overall that I have installed. That mod being Tytanis.

Be aware Bethesda makes the patches to and from unmodded game. The community has been too much active for this game, more than ever has been to any previous Beth games, like totalizing around hundreds of mods long before the CK was launched and most of them weeks after the game itself was launched...

Although the initial problems with relatively unknown headers and formats is lesser now, we start to see the nightmare of conflicting mods...

At some point the game will be relatively stabilized and then the mods will have a chance "to rest" in peace without need to update at each change, notice it happens mostly with "plugins" instead "proper" mods. By plugins I mean those mods acting directly over the engine or by mean of an injector.

Edited by nosisab

So far i've had one CTD when attempting to fast travel to deus mons. worked the second time though.

i haven't played skyrim much since the patch, just an hour or so yesterday testing stuff. I've heard horror stories of savegame corruption and im kind of afraid to touch it much just now.

the author of deus mons had some unfortunate things to say about the new patch, including that it basically killed his enthusiasm to keep working ;-;

i'm really disappointed that bethesda isn't changing its update model to accomodate the active modding community. It would really be best if they could announce patches as an open beta first, allowing modders to download it, play with it, and check everything is ok for a week or two, before the patch gets pushed to everyone automatically via steam.

"i'm really disappointed that bethesda isn't changing its update model to accomodate the active modding community. It would really be best if they could announce patches as an open beta first, allowing modders to download it, play with it, and check everything is ok for a week or two, before the patch gets pushed to everyone automatically via steam. "

They do this all ready. The last two or three patches have had open-beta's before the official release.

Edited by thompsonar