Can I change my computer's graphic's card by itself?

Here are my specs:

Processor: Intel® Core™ i5-4670 CPU @ 3.40 GHz

Installed memory Ram: 16 GB

System: 64-bit operating system

Graphics card: Nvidia Geforce GTX 660

Regular sized desktop case with a Corsair RM750 PSU

Heres a link for the PSU: https://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16817139122&ignorebbr=1&nm_mc=KNC-GoogleAdwords-PC&cm_mmc=KNC-GoogleAdwords-PC-_-pla-_-Power+Supplies-_-N82E16817139122&gclid=CjwKCAiAhfzSBRBTEiwAN-ysWFZGAvSH97klEE2Rx09TCOeYJtYEceXoCATaus8F_V0OxALNAgtSIBoC_pcQAvD_BwE&gclsrc=aw.ds

So I've been considering changing my graphics card and wanted to know if it was possible to just switch out my graphics card or would that cause me problems based on my system specs? I was going to gun for Nvidia Geforce 1080 Ti in an attempt to get my computer with the best ultra graphics settings for skyrim 64-bit.

Sure you can do that by yourself. Easy as pie. A 750W PSU is largely sufficient to sustain a 1080Ti. Should none be available, then maybe go for a 1070Ti. Is pretty close to the regular 1080. Just measure first how much space you have inside the case to see if such a long card fits.

If you're aiming for the "best ultra graphics settings" for SSE, know that I play in ultra (1080p) with 150 texture mods of 2 and 4k (397 mods total) with the Natural Atmospheric Tamriel ENB and am constantly between 40 and 60fps on an MSI RX470 GamingX 8GB GPU, i7 3770k, 16GB KHX RAM on an AsRock Z77 eXtreme11 motherboard. PSU is an Antec HPC-1000 Platinum.

I don't think Skyrim can take advantage of even half of a GTX 1080 Ti's power, even in 4K. If you're playing at less than 4K, it definitely can't.

Not that there's anything wrong with that card for other purposes. But if you're playing in 2K, Skyrim will leave probably 85% of its power unused.

I don't think Skyrim can take advantage of even half of a GTX 1080 Ti's power, even in 4K. If you're playing at less than 4K, it definitely can't.

Not that there's anything wrong with that card for other purposes. But if you're playing in 2K, Skyrim will leave probably 85% of its power unused.

I do not have a 1080TI, but I do have a 980TI and can tell you that I sat at around 25 - 45FPS with a heavy mod selection and just 1080p. If no mods are involved, then I can't see anything nearly as powerful being needed, but mods change it all.

The important question is, was your fps GPU bound or CPU bound?

In my experience, Skyrim tends to be CPU bound. Most mods also tax the CPU, not the GPU. Although there are some processing modifications that can slow down the rendering.