Giving up on Vortex for now

Deleted3897072User

Yes, I'm out as well. What I have learned in this thread? Criticism is not welcome. I am a blockhead and just don't get it.

Page 1 OP criticises Vortex

Page 2 OP and I analyze the problem

less than a week later: new feature released to address OPs need.

Yeah, "criticism is not welcome" is truly the lesson here...

• Replies 227
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I can't give up on vortex coz i cant even try it yet (wasnt fast enough or persistent to be one of the first testers). But as i reported in comments of vortex news post when i tried to install an update (yeah im not supose to but i was curious) installer was in german. I dont speak German. IF it is trying to auto detect system language its failing hard. This should be fixed. I would prefer it in english even though its not my language. Other than that so far it looks ok.

I can't give up on vortex coz i cant even try it yet (wasnt fast enough or persistent to be one of the first testers). But as i reported in comments of vortex news post when i tried to install an update (yeah im not supose to but i was curious) installer was in german. I dont speak German. IF it is trying to auto detect system language its failing hard. This should be fixed. I would prefer it in english even though its not my language. Other than that so far it looks ok.

Vortex installer was in German? It wasn't for me.

Plus there isn't really even an installer it just auto installs when you run the exe.

I used to hammer nails using a hammer, like most folks, but then you showed me the way and now I'm using a screwdriver to beat nails in.

How about stop using dumb metaphors that barely make sense and start counter arguing with what Tannin is saying.

Vortex installer was in German? It wasn't for me.

Plus there isn't really even an installer it just auto installs when you run the exe.

I used to hammer nails using a hammer, like most folks, but then you showed me the way and now I'm using a screwdriver to beat nails in.

How about stop using dumb metaphors that barely make sense and start counter arguing with what Tannin is saying.

ca55d4f52649cc5a1f32a65eb6eadb42.png

What are your Windows internationalization settings? Language? Country?

What are your Windows internationalization settings? Language? Country?

Its not Windows issue. All my other programs have installers in english or system language. About my location... i prefer to stay ... Mysterious.

Its enough to say its nothing similar to german... or english.

I would report this is the feedback section of vortex when the public release comes.

If you use a VPN or something that could made your location more "mysterious" ( :tongue:), maybe the installer was selected in german.

Anyway -when- you could access it: you can switch language inside the language in settings (but could be a problem find the right option if wrote in german :tongue:)

Edited by HalfLazy

This is a known issue in the tool we use for building the installer: https://github.com/electron-userland/electron-builder/issues/2517

Essentially the installer tries to autodetect your system language and if it's none of the supported ones it will fall back to german instead of english.

Please report this as feedback but all I can do for the moment is watch their issue and update asap.

The language in Vortex is completely independent of the installer though. It too will autodetect your system language but I believe it correctly uses english as a fallback.

Should Vortex itself also uses the wrong language, please report that separately.

If you use a VPN or something that could made your location more "mysterious" ( :tongue:), maybe the installer was selected in german.

Anyway -when- you could access it: you can switch language inside the language in settings (but could be a problem find the right option if wrote in german :tongue:)

Program itself seems to be in english but i can't really tell since im hitting a wall at this point:

https://i.gyazo.com/aab13d2ace2fdbdff5791a1cc0d0acdb.mp4