⚠ Known Issue: Media on User Profiles ×

Giving up on Vortex for now

Deleted3897072User

• Replies 227
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You say you want to hear from him but he has already responded plenty of times.

Well, if you consider "you are brainless peasants, and I am your holy savior" an answer.

I didn't say it was something they wanted to hear lol. But he did respond regardless. XD And come on it wasn't that bad lol.

In plus, I feel like many of these people don't want to listen to what he has said, so I can understand why he would respond that way. It can get quite frustrating.

Edited by Brabbit1987

You say you want to hear from him but he has already responded plenty of times.

Well, if you consider "you are brainless peasants, and I am your holy savior" an answer.

I didn't say it was something they wanted to hear lol. But he did respond regardless. XD And come on it wasn't that bad lol.

In plus, I feel like many of these people don't want to listen to what he has said, so I can understand why he would respond that way. It can get quite frustrating.

And I understand people who don't want to hear that they are wrong and stupid and don't deserve to have control. Vortex is okay when it works. Not great, since it brings nothing new (LOOT GUI offers the same possibilities), but okay. But with Gamebryo based games it usually don't. I spent hours pinpointing an issue with Vortex, when with MO/NMM it takes much, much less. And - it is essential - PINPOINTING, not fixing. It was not even a load order issue; it was an incorrectly installed mod. But with NMM/MO fixed-point iteration is much easier to do.

I don't know what your point is in your first line. "I have heard", isn't the same as "I guess" in the context it was used in. I am talking about things people have literally said within this thread or other threads on this topic which has nothing to do with the fact I had mentioned. If I say the earth has gravity, but I have heard others think differently. That does not invalidate the fact. Understand? Jeez ... (Also, I did not say everything is a fact either.)

As for Tannin, I got news for you, he has already responded plenty of times. So what exactly is your problem? Seriously, go back and read his responses. Don't take it from me if you don't want to, he has literally already said everything I have. Pay attention before you respond next time. You have not said anything new that Tannin has not already responded to. Heck, it wasn't even that long ago that Tannin gave a pretty definite response on the matter.

Brabbit1987, on 05 Feb 2018 - 9:44 PM, said:snapback.png

1. Not really my opinion, it's just a fact unless you can provide me an example of where you would need to sort an entire load order manually

As I said, I'm tired of have to wade through your white knighting posts in order to read the actual helpful posts., that's all.

You're making this thread much much longer than it needs to be.

Stop arguing every single tiny point of every single post.

As I said, I'm tired of have to wade through your white knighting posts in order to read the actual helpful posts., that's all.

And I assume the "actual helpful posts" are the ones that agree with you?

This a useful post?

Adding anything to the discussion, is it?

The point is, the last useful post on this thread was on page 3 or so, everything else is just everyone turning in circles.

These threads are way too emotional and aggressive to be useful.

If you want to change that: post a link to any publicly available mod (set of mods) where a user would have to set more than one user rule to correctly resolve a

plugin conflict. Because that would be something no one has done so far...

On a more constructive note: 0.12.8 is now up and it includes a feature that lets you lock the mod index for a plugin to a specific index, independent of what loot does.

This is intended for mod authors, to address the need of the OP to have stable formids for a plugin during development.

On a more constructive note: 0.12.8 is now up and it includes a feature that lets you lock the mod index for a plugin to a specific index, independent of what loot does.

This is intended for mod authors, to address the need of the OP to have stable formids for a plugin during development.

Thanks for the description for the new version

That was useful

Nope, you shouldn't assume that, because nowhere did I indicate that.

This forum thread is about 10 pages longer than it actually needs to be.

So, I'm out, Brabbit1987 has achieved what he/she set out to do, to silence anybody he/she doesn't agree with.

Have fun.

The point is, the last useful post on this thread was on page 3 or so, everything else is just everyone turning in circles.

These threads are way too emotional and aggressive to be useful.

If you want to change that: post a link to any publicly available mod (set of mods) where a user would have to set more than one user rule to correctly resolve a

plugin conflict. Because that would be something no one has done so far...

I don't know what is going on in other threads, but people are "emotional" because what is considered by them an easy way to do things has been taken away and they don't understand why.

If so many people are complaining, is there maybe an issue?

Perhaps I behaved (slightly? hugely?) inappropriately and made harsh comments, but it was not a complete "knee-jerk" reaction, as you seem to be dismissing this "emotional" state of affairs as.

I already knew I did not want to use LOOT, I am familiar with the tool and purposefully made little to no use of it, and now the flagship mod manager of the Nexus is forcing me to, which I do not like.

"I" meaning my opinion based on my experiences, of course...it is not selfish or "community breaking" to have an individual opinion, as was suggested by Brabbit1987.

I don't think anyone in this thread (don't know about elsewhere) is advocating for removal of the current interface (I have no beef with it, have at hoss), we want to know why, specifically, there is not an "advanced" mode where we can manually sort our load order as in all previous Bethesda mod managers (that I've ever heard of anyhow). It is what we are accustomed to and works well. We think it does, even if you don't.

You know, being the expert, this would be easy to implement as a first party extension. If your API is as comprehensive as I think it is you could probably get it working in an evening. If the current LOOT-ified interface is default and the goal is to make things easier for casual players that goal would still be achieved, just look at the percentage of Firefox and Chrome users that make use of extensions versus those that don't.

Nope, you shouldn't assume that, because nowhere did I indicate that.

This forum thread is about 10 pages longer than it actually needs to be.

So, I'm out, Brabbit1987 has achieved what he/she set out to do, to silence anybody he/she doesn't agree with.

Have fun.

Yes, I'm out as well. What I have learned in this thread? Criticism is not welcome. I am a blockhead and just don't get it.

I already knew I did not want to use LOOT, I am familiar with the tool and purposefully made little to no use of it

translated: "I don't like it because I don't like it."

because what is considered by them an easy way to do things

translated: "I want it because I want it."

If so many people are complaining, is there maybe an issue?

translated: "Being loud makes your opinion matter more."

it is not selfish or "community breaking" to have an individual opinion

translated: "Disagreeing with me is an attempt to suppress my opinion"

... where we can manually sort our load order as in all previous Bethesda mod managers

translated: "The old way is advanced and superior because it's the old way"

Can't you see you're not arguing your point, you're just repeating it?

Sorry if you expected more but there is nothing in your post I haven't answered before.

Again: If you want to help your argument then actually argue, but that also means you have to at least try to see our side of the argument, you can't just ignore everything I said before and act like I was ignoring you. Two pages ago I asked

something that should be very simple for anyone avoiding loot and still got no answer: "Please give me one plugin (set of plugins) that would require more than one user rule to order correctly".

Because if you can't do that, if loot sorts everything well enough that you can't find a case like this, what is your point? How will this new system inconvenience you?

Or is ordering the plugin list an end in itself, like a minigame that you enjoy playing?