Managing the Load Order...

acdover

• Replies 432
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You folks have far more endurance than I do. I gave up 20 or so pages ago.

That's because people keep necroing old posts to add their unrelated problems to it.

And that's the principal reason this thread needs to be locked.

Did you REPORT the thread?

No, because I see no violation of the ToS. Rather, I'm hoping that a merciful moderator will hear my plea to put down this sick and dying animal.

Just hit the report button and ask "Could you please lock this thread, it's served it's purpose, and now it just keeps getting necroed with people complaining about Vortex or posting new and unrelated problems to the original OP"

Preferably in English instead of Latin

No, because I see no violation of the ToS. Rather, I'm hoping that a merciful moderator will hear my plea to put down this sick and dying animal.

Just hit the report button and ask "Could you please lock this thread, it's served it's purpose, and now it just keeps getting necroed with people complaining about Vortex or posting new and unrelated problems to the original OP"

Re-reading the "Forum and Commenting Guidelines" in the forum Terms and Policies, I found these words: "Please stay on topic. File comments should pertain to the file. Forum posts should pertain to the topic brought up in the original post." Therefore I conclude that I was mistaken in my earlier opinion and that this thread can be the subject of a report. (Please forgive me if I'm acting and sounding like a canon lawyer.)

Now, how do I report an entire thread? I cannot find a "Report This Thread" button. The only report buttons I can find are on individual comments. Whose report button do I push? (I really hope this isn't an utterly stupid question.)

Re-reading the "Forum and Commenting Guidelines" in the forum Terms and Policies, I found these words: "Please stay on topic. File comments should pertain to the file. Forum posts should pertain to the topic brought up in the original post." Therefore I conclude that I was mistaken in my earlier opinion and that this thread can be the subject of a report. (Please forgive me if I'm acting and sounding like a canon lawyer.)

Now, how do I report an entire thread? I cannot find a "Report This Thread" button. The only report buttons I can find are on individual comments. Whose report button do I push? (I really hope this isn't an utterly stupid question.)

I just hit REPORT on my own post, or the OP post.

The whole point is to call attention to t he thread, by adding that in the Text Box that you can fill in

Thanks HTR. I don't expect much from a Mod Manager, really, just that it manage mods and appropriately respond as per the many tutorials, both video and text that are available, and I've endured for the past, now, 36 hours regarding managing the Load Order for Skyrim SE. Nice that it tells me about and offers fixes for conflicts. Ultimately all applications on my PC are there to submit to my will, not the other way around. Developers that think otherwise are silly, and usually will grow up. I'd much rather be PLAYING SKYRIM SE w/MODs, than dealing with faulty software.

Thanks HTR. I don't expect much from a Mod Manager, really, just that it manage mods and appropriately respond as per the many tutorials, both video and text that are available, and I've endured for the past, now, 36 hours regarding managing the Load Order for Skyrim SE. Nice that it tells me about and offers fixes for conflicts. Ultimately all applications on my PC are there to submit to my will, not the other way around. Developers that think otherwise are silly, and usually will grow up. I'd much rather be PLAYING SKYRIM SE w/MODs, than dealing with faulty software.

It's not faulty software though, I'm using just fine, and so are plenty of others.

The only people who believe Vortex is "faulty" are the people who refuse to get rid of the bad habits that NMM has forced on them.

Considering the amount of problems you're having, I'm guessing you're trying to force the load order of your plugins, by following some reddit guide or somesuch, rather than letting Vortex automatically manage your load order for you>

If Vortex was "Faulty" the forums would be chock-full of people having trouble with Vortex.

After helping out here in the Support forum for the past year+, roughly aroun 98% of the problems experienced were user created, and only a few were actually bugs.

If you've spent 36 hours trying to get Skyrim SE to run with Vortex, then you are definitely using Vortex wrong.

I can go from an empty Skyrim SE install, to one with 237 mods (currently) in the matter of an hour, First, I have AUTOSORT turned on, I also have AUTODEPLOY turned on. then I download all the mods I want en masse, and start installing them while I'm downloading more.

Once I've finished downloading, I install all of them, while ignoring any CONFLICTS that Vortex reports.

Once everything is installed, I click on MORE in the conflicts Dialog, then click on SHOW, then I start picking LOAD BEFORE or LOAD AFTER on the MODS Tab in order to get the correct MESHES, TEXTURES, BSAs, BA2 to show properly, then out of the 237 PLUGINS I have, I have about 16, that I needed to actually manually place somewhere else, and that either involved clicking on MANAGE RULES, and using the easy to use RULE MANAGER, where I could pick the names of the two mods, and make sure that MOD A loads AFTER MOD B.

The other way is to put the mod into a GROUP

You don't put all your plugins into a group, just the ones you want to move

My Fallout 4 has 279 mods, with minimal effort from me involved.

Oblivion 142

Fallout New Vegas 127

I just hit REPORT on my own post, or the OP post.

The whole point is to call attention to t he thread, by adding that in the Text Box that you can fill in

Done! (Factum est!)