[PROJECT] Wars in Skyrim - The Story

gasti89

UPDATE: I'm not disappeared!

I managed to make all the team members start working on a common line.

Also actors have started recording their lines. Everything is going forward!

i still can't give an ETA for the very first release, but things are going well. Unfortunately I'm a perfectionist, so i triple-check everything i do, so things sometimes take a bit get done ;)

Stay tuned!

@8ltg: if you're in contact with Alex, please tell him to contact me in some way. I have lots of good news for him!

@ghasti89 I did let Alex know that you are looking for him. If he aswers that is another story ;)

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

For now, this mod will be in italian and english.

This because i'm italian, so i always write down the "1st ideas" in italian. Then when the quest/dialogue is setted, i translate everything in english.

I won't support other languages. I mean, i won't get mad finding translators, since it will require a HUGE work.

Currently i have 2 quests completely finished, some dialogues explaining the lore and some misc lines like "hello!" "goodbye" and "aaaaaaargh!".

And the amount of lines is already around 250. So if someone will take the "burden" of translating all the lines in his language, he would be more than welcome ;)

And the amount of lines is already around 250. So if someone will take the "burden" of translating all the lines in his language, he would be more than welcome ;)

I could help you transtale from English to Spanish and perhaps also proofread your English text, since I'm guessing that the Queen's Tongue isn't as good as your Italian.

I know nothing about modding so the only help I could offer your is "translation" of text and that's all :D.

About the "Italian to English" porting, the voice actors already tweak the errors when they record the voices (usually only small syntax errors).

About the translation, i'm still thinking about the way translations will take place.

I like the use of strings (Skyrim Strings Localizer), but that tool is still a WIP and from what i've seen with Wars In Skyrim not everyone understands the "take the strings files and put them in strings folder" part. Also the installer will become more complex if we use strings.

On the other side, translating the esp itself with CK or TESNip will take ages since everything i mod, even Vanilla stuff, will come in English (for example if i put a NPC in the Bannered Mare, the CK will treat that cell as modded, and so embed the english string for that cell in the esp).

In both ways, i won't have the time to translate everything in other languages, so the "burden" will be entirely on the translators. Also this will require re-translating everything after each update, since i tried the mod-merging, but i've found that merging quests, and generally stuff that uses lots of forms, will bring to endless issues.

Finally, if you still give me your disposability after reading this, i'll send you the esp some time before the release!

@Darkangel: yes, Alex answered. I can't tell anything for now, but there may be some good surprises in the future!

@etang2: i'm already working with a storyteller for the main storyline. I think it's not a good idea to have multiple minds thinking at the same thing (will bring lot of confusion). But surely i'll contact you for side quests and lore stuff! Every motivated person is welcome! Many thanks ;)