ℹ️ Intermittent Download History issues ×

[PROJECT] Wars in Skyrim - The Story

gasti89

Hi, I'd like to make a contribution to your project. Retexturing isn't my forte, but maybe I can help with some weapon models?

If you need an example of my work: http://www.skyrimnexus.com/downloads/file.php?id=12676

I'm used to making low-poly models but I've been training myself to make higher-poly ones recently. FYI, modding this game has burnt me out in the past so I try and take my time with these things. I feel if I get too consumed with modeling I'll just become ambivalent towards the game again (I just recently started playing/modding again).

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey there! I'm more interested in a armor modeler for now (to help my teammate), but i'll surely need a weapon designer in the future ;)

What i need is some a-bit-lore-friendly weapons, so no fancy stuff but also something never seen or not reminding skyrim weapons.

If you're interested PM me!

• 2 weeks later...

So it is final Alex decided to quit the modding community for good. The king is dead long live the king. Please pay your respects.

On a good note the WIS 5 is up and in development. Alex gave permission to one other member to continue and also gave him the WIS 5 Beta. I am not going to name that person until I will clear that with him. We saw what too much popularity can do.

I will update you on the situation as soon I will get a clear go. Which shouldn't take long

Much love D13

Looks good, This may be able to assist you!

http://oi48.tinypic.com/2igztj7.jpg

Within this new resource people with talents show and offer their services, this thread may be able to assist you locating talents that you seek.

http://oi46.tinypic.com/2zfrcja.jpg

The new thread is still rather new, the older resource list is outdated but many have created posts of their work and their services.

Click the images

Awesome news on WiS 5! Look forward to seeing how it turns out(uhm, like nothing but awesome probably)! Any updates on this project though? Although I am excited for WiS 5, I'm really interested in this project. Would like to see it out before WiS 5 even =O Edited by Killerbuddy

Hey there, let's say that this project is the most advanced among the whole WiS V project (basically because we just received the rest ahahaha).

I still can't give an ETA for the 1st release.

I currently have 3 quests completely scripted. The first 2 are common to all the 3 walkthroughs, while the 3rd is the first quest related to only 1 walkthrough.

In order to have something good to give to the community, i think at least 7-8 quests are necessary, so condidering the 2 common ones, it turns that i need 15-18 quests before the 1st release (talking about the main story, plus there will be around the same number of side quests).

Also, i don't want to write any trailer at this early stage, cause it may ruin the whole thing or give false hopes to the community if the project fails.

The main problem is that i'm a f******ing perfectionist, so sometimes things take ages to get scripted because i keep thinking "and if the player does this or that? If this dies? If the player loses this?" and i often get mad searching for a solution.

Just know that the team is working hard, there are lot of things to do, but we're proceeding well.

I know this isn't enough, but please accept it ;)

Wow, more advanced than anything in the WiS V project? That is pretty impressive. That seem very reasonable, and you know what, being a perfectionist is a good thing at times, because when you decide it is perfect, someone who is criticizing their work and thinking from many different point of views, to everyone else it will be F*****G AMAZING! A little promo art in the future would be cool though =D Nothing too major, I wouldn't want anything spoiled, but I know you wouldn't do that anyways. Maybe like a new creature or something(a little snippet for what possibly is to come in this projecy). I will be watching for any progress on both your work. Thanks so much to you and your team!

• 1 month later...
Unfortunately it seems not enough people did this for Alex :/ so i'm not going to make the same mistake, Gasti, i'm really glad you decided to take up the remnants of WIS, it was my favorite mod in the whole "gobal fighting" category, and i was really sad to see it go. Seeing as you're remaking it i wanted to tell you the thing that made WIS stand out was the whole Hero and Villain thing. It was cool to know i wasn't the only super baddass in skyrim and that challenging the other heros and villains was a favored past time of mine lol. In your remake i hope you add the same feature :D